Bob Moncur Has Colon Cancer.

Crumpy Gunt

Bobby was a really good defender in his prime - he and Ollie Burton/John McNamee were the cornerstone of our Fairs Cup success in 1968/69 and he went on to Captain Scotland.

Will never forget his crucial goals in the first leg of the Final at SJP, when we had done well against Ujpest Doza, a team who had beaten Leeds earlier ; Revie thought we had no chance before the final, but we did well against them but it looked as if we weren't going to score - then up popped Bob at a Corner, and stuck one in. He came forward again a few minutes later and managed to bang another one in.

Jimmy Scott got a brave third ; I was in the Gallowgate end, and we were all swept forward like a tidal wave after each goal(60,000 in the ground); the Health & Safety guys would have a fit these days..!!

He managed a goal in the return, too and just as well - they played really well, and we were 2-0 down at half-time but Bob pulled us back in it - they fell apart then, and Arentoft & Foggon put the icing on..

Bob was a huge influence on us winning a first European Trophy, and I wish him every success in his personal battle ; this is probably the toughest one he has faced and its ironical that another great Number 6, Bobby Moore, developed the same illness.

would only have been skin cancer if he hadn't signed for the mackems.

:blush: I laughed out loud!

Jesus Chrst. Im by no means one of those that cant wait to get on their high horse at the first opportunity, but thats bang out of order.

Good luck Bob.

would only have been skin cancer if he hadn't signed for the mackems.

:blush: I laughed out loud!

Jesus Chrst. Im by no means one of those that cant wait to get on their high horse at the first opportunity, but thats bang out of order.

Good luck Bob.

Ditto