our squad's value

ChrisJbarnes

just an interesting thought here. if we were (theoretically) to sell every member of our squad, what kind of prices do we think we should be looking at? we have a very good playing staff these days, and if you had to put a figure on anyones heads what would it be? you see (averagy) players like bent going for £17million, so i was just thinking it might be interesting to debate how much each player would be worth. i think sams done very well to get the players we have done at the prices we did.

players like taylor and nzogbia would surely be worth £8 million, or maybe more?

discuss.

just an interesting thought here. if we were (theoretically) to sell every member of our squad, what kind of prices do we think we should be looking at? we have a very good playing staff these days, and if you had to put a figure on anyones heads what would it be? you see (averagy) players like bent going for £17million, so i was just thinking it might be interesting to debate how much each player would be worth. i think sams done very well to get the players we have done at the prices we did.

players like taylor and milner would surely be worth £8 million, or maybe more?

discuss.

Between them you may be right. I'd be disappointed if we spent that on players of their ability though.

I'll play (although i guess this thread will be full of people criticizing and too afraid to put their own value (opinion) forward)

Given £8m

Harper £500k

Carr £0

Babayaro £0

Enrique £6m

Ramage £0

Taylor £7m

Rozenhal £3m

Beye £2.5m

Feye £1.5m

Geremi £2m

Smith £5m

Emre £4m

Zoggy £9m

Pattison £500k

Milner £5m

Barton £5m

Duff £5m

Butt £0

Viduka £1m

Ameobi £1.5m

Owen £9m

Martins £12m

I'll play (although i guess this thread will be full of people criticizing and too afraid to put their own value (opinion) forward)

Given £8m

Harper £500k

Carr £0

Babayaro £0

Enrique £6m

Ramage £0

Taylor £7m

Rozenhal £3m

Beye £2.5m

Feye £1.5m

Geremi £2m

Smith £5m

Emre £4m

Zoggy £9m

Pattison £500k

Milner £5m

Barton £5m

Duff £5m

Butt £0

Viduka £1m

Ameobi £1.5m

Owen £9m

Martins £12m

I'd pretty much go along with those values as their actual values. However there are some players there you'd have to stick a few mill on for me to be tempted to sell. Enrique for example, I wouldn't sell for under 9 million. I think we've got a bargain.

Given £8m

Harper £500k

Carr £0

Babayaro £0

Enrique £6m

Ramage £0

Taylor £7m

Rozenhal £3m

Beye £2.5m

Feye £1.5m

Geremi £2m

Smith £5m

Emre £4m

Zoggy £9m

Pattison £500k

Milner £5m

Barton £5m

Duff £5m

Butt £0

Viduka £1m

Ameobi £1.5m

Owen £9m

Martins £12m

bit low on enrique, martins and owen but yeah the release clauses are majorly gay. oh and barton

Given £8m

Harper £500k

Carr £0

Babayaro £0

Enrique £6m

Ramage £0

Taylor £7m

Rozenhal £3m

Beye £2.5m

Feye £1.5m

Geremi £2m

Smith £5m

Emre £4m

Zoggy £9m

Pattison £500k

Milner £5m

Barton £5m

Duff £5m

Butt £0

Viduka £1m

Ameobi £1.5m

Owen £9m

Martins £12m

I'd pretty much go along with those values as their actual values. However there are some players there you'd have to stick a few mill on for me to be tempted to sell. Enrique for example, I wouldn't sell for under 9 million. I think we've got a bargain.

Hopefully, but i've got no idea of his worth due to the limited amount i've seen him. Can't really put a price on him apart from what we've paid.

Undervalued Joey Barton. We only got him for as cheap as we did because of the release clause. Without that clause, West Ham would have outbid whatever we put down.

If Pattison is worth half a million, surely Rambo is worth something.

I'd rate Taylor £3 million. 

Undervalued Joey Barton. We only got him for as cheap as we did because of the release clause. Without that clause, West Ham would have outbid whatever we put down.

Maybe, but injuries and bagging means again i can only go on what i thought of him before we bought him.

Given £8m

Harper £500k

Carr £0

Babayaro £0

Enrique £6m

Ramage £0

Taylor £7m

Rozenhal £3m

Beye £2.5m

Feye £1.5m

Geremi £2m

Smith £5m

Emre £4m

Zoggy £9m

Pattison £500k

Milner £5m

Barton £5m

Duff £5m

Butt £0

Viduka £1m

Ameobi £1.5m

Owen £9m

Martins £12m

bit low on enrique, martins and owen but yeah the release clauses are majorly gay. oh and barton

Would Enrique's price have gone up that much after one start in the Premiership?

Of course he is. He may not be Premiership standard but teams in the Championship would pay good money for him.

How come Taylor our 4th choice centre half is being valued higher than the three ahead of him in the pecking order?

His age and because he's English tbh.

Yep.

I'd safely say we'd get £7m all day for him from a prem team if we wanted to sell him.

Of course he is. He may not be Premiership standard but teams in the Championship would pay good money for him.

Injured all season, contract runs out at the end of it, would you pay money for him?

How come Taylor our 4th choice centre half is being valued higher than the three ahead of him in the pecking order?

Yep.

I'd safely say we'd get £7m all day for him from a prem team if we wanted to sell him.

I think we could get more than that, Davies went to Villa for more and I rate Taylor higher than I do him.

One of the reasons I'd cash in on him.

Injured all season, contract runs out at the end of it, would you pay money for him?

I take your point.

Yep.

I think we could get more than that, Davies went to Villa for more and I rate Taylor higher than I do him.

One of the reasons I'd cash in on him.

I reckon so as well, but i'd never get out of the thread alive if i said £10m.  :lol:

Fair point. Know we arent a charity but as poor as he is at Premiership standard he has never shirked anything. Hope we look after him (contract wise while he recovers). Not suggesting we sign him on for an extended period. Think he is worth a few quid in the Championship though.