Your first United game? Current champion: jackyboy

NSG

Home to Man City, early 50's. I think there wa about 50000 people there. Lots of great games over the years, I was there when we won the Fairs Cup in 1969, tears rolling down my cheeks. Malcolm MacDonalds debut against Liverpool when he scored a hat trick. The atmosphere was incredible

Looks like you're now in the lead mate

Guest Brazilianbob

12th December 1964.  We beat Northampton Town 5-0 at SJP with a hatrick from McGarry, one from Suddick, and an OG.

In addition to the games already posted, I was at Jackie Milburns testimonial, saw Tom Finney, Puskass (can't remember how to spell it)  People who are not from the North East can never understand the depth of feeling we have for the club. Even though I now live in Scotland and have not lived in Newcastle for over 30 years, I still refer to Newcastle as home

Guest bertiemasson

mine was

11.09.82      Chelsea    1-1  29,136           

Hardwick; Craggs, Saunders; Martin, Clarke, Haddock; Keegan, Channon, Varadi, Wharton, Waddle(Bell)

West Ham(75-76). In the old leazes. Remember the crowd singing "Mervyn Day is a puff". He was their keeper at the time. They also had Lampards fatha playing.

We had one of those scoreboards in the gallowgate with letters representing matches for the half-time scores. A hand would poke through and put the numbers in place.

We won 2-1, but i had agonising toothache and had my black and white bar scarf wrapped round my mouth. A trip to the old dental hospital followed next day, where i had 4 teeth out.

I've suffered much more pain watching the Toon since though.