Rate Sam + Signings

toptoon

Milner better than Smith?  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Most of the time Milner has been used in his strongest position and has been s***, he slows the play down more than Parker did. On the other hand Smith has consistently been used out of position and so needs a run up front. When he's had that I'll judge the value of signing Smith and not before.

So Milner hasn't been better than Smith this season on the basis that you refuse to rate Smith as a midfielder even though he's spent the majority of his time in that position here and at his last club?

What did you think of Smith on Saturday?

Smith was crap on Saturday.

Other than being totally unable to accept that Smith isn't a midfielder and so can't be judged as one, what's your point?

So how have you formed the opinion that someone saying Milner has been better than Smith this season being worth  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif ?

I think Smith was better of the two on Saturday. Both anonymous but Smith has the better haircut. Smith is a far better footballer.

Most of the time Milner has been used in his strongest position and has been s***, he slows the play down more than Parker did. On the other hand Smith has consistently been used out of position and so needs a run up front. When he's had that I'll judge the value of signing Smith and not before.

So Milner hasn't been better than Smith this season on the basis that you refuse to rate Smith as a midfielder even though he's spent the majority of his time in that position here and at his last club?

Other than being totally unable to accept that Smith isn't a midfielder and so can't be judged as one, what's your point?

So how have you formed the opinion that someone saying Milner has been better than Smith this season being worth  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif ?

I think Smith was better of the two on Saturday. Both anonymous but Smith has the better haircut. Smith is a far better footballer.

Less spots as well.

Less spots as well.

It's hard to tell with all of the make up tbh.

Less spots as well.

Preffer Milner out of the two. Milners not had the bst of starts but he'll get better i'm sure especially if used on the RW.

Smith i feel sorry for as his worst display was in a position that he preffers not to play in i.e. RW V Derby and he got slated big time for that although he tried his best. As a CM he's not that good either imo. It comes as no great shock that he was very good up top in his first game there for us. Obviously last game was a complete write off pretty much all round starting from sam's team selection i.e. no emre + Zoggy and Milner on the wrong wings and of course our defence + pompeys superior team set up dominating the midfield. 

I'll go with...

Sam 6

Beye 5.5

Roz 7

Faye 6.5

Cacapa 6.5 (would have been higher but for Sat, if he shows the mental strength to go back to the level he was at before it'll be a lot higher)

Enrique 7

Smith 2

Viduka 7

Too few minutes on the pitch to assess JB imo.

Less spots as well.

Preffer Milner out of the two. Milners not had the bst of starts but he'll get better i'm sure especially if used on the RW.

Smith i feel sorry for as his worst display was in a position that he preffers not to play in i.e. RW V Derby and he got slated big time for that although he tried his best. As a CM he's not that good either imo. It comes as no great shock that he was very good up top in his first game there for us. Obviously last game was a complete write off pretty much all round starting from sam's team selection i.e. no emre + Zoggy and Milner on the wrong wings and of course our defence + pompeys superior team set up dominating the midfield. 

Sound post.

Sam Allardyce... Yeah right. Like i'm going to rate a manager after two and a half months. Based purely on things since he has come in, 6.999.

Barton ... Not going to rate. What's the point? 8 for initiative on the manager's part.

Viduka ... 6. Great player and will probably be key for us when he plays. Always will be a luxury player, though.

Rozehnal ... 7. Performed very well on the whole. Defended soundly, has pace about him, potentially a ball-playing centre-back who might pop up with a couple, and generally the most organised of all our defense, in spite of not necassarily having the best ability. He keeps the shape and concentrates on balance. You could see that instantly from when he came on at the weekend.

Geremi ... 6.5. From a footballing point of view - fairly invisible. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, he just isn't a prominent figure in the playing side. He's steady and unambitious, but he doesn't slow the play down like Parker - because he just gets it and gives. I think he can be quite important for us but he needs to make use of his technical strengths more often, rather than using his head too much. And off the field, well, he gains a whole point and a half for the N'Zogbia revitalisation.

Alan Smith ... 3. Fairly pap signing tbh. He might notch a couple, but he's not a midfielder - he's not a great striker - and he's not Kieron Dyer. Waiting for his next suspension already.

Claudio Caçapa ... 6. I jumped on the 'Claudio is God' bandwagon just like everybody else, but i think after his no-show and obvious lack of presence against more physical strikers, i'll go back to my original pre-season sentiment. "He'll do a job". He has key experience for the backline and he has obvious talent - definitely good for the squad i feel.

Jose Enrique ... 7. Really, really optimistic in all honest. Definitely looks good going forward; ropey at the back but he's only 21. He's got the stamina and physique to make it as a good defender.

Abdoulaye Faye ... 8. The best signing in my opinion. The 8, and i think i can echo this for Enrique too, is more for based on 'to come'. I think he'll be vitally important - a crucial figure. He's no-nonsense yet with the skill to actually be effective, and dynamite in the air. We've missed both of those aspects.

Habib Beye ... 6. He's alright. He's Enrique but toned down a notch, in both the defensive and attacking departments.

I know it's a criminal offence to suggest Barton has not played well, and considering he may not be entirely fit it's certainly too early to judge. However it's never too early to be concerned, are all his bum boys on this place not slightly worried about his real talent or lack there of? Fit or not, you should still be able to make a simple pass as a professional footballer.

I said the same a couple of weeks ago to a hostile response from a minority, but looking at the ratings here it seems people feel the same. I would hate to have to rub salt in the wounds by coming back at the end of the season and saying "i told you so". Let's hope he can turn things around quick, it will be a shame if he flops. Had the potential to be our best signing all season.

He's far from fit, we've been utter tripe as a team, the midfield and attack has been moved around, and he in general has had a couple of bad games. Yeah he's been poor but would you expect anymore than that, given all the circumstances mentioned above?

Like you said - way too early to judge. No real reason to have much of a concern either, i don't think.

Guest microbar

Sam-1 Sack Him

Beye-5,

Roz-4

Faye-6

Capaca-3

Enrique-4

Smith-2

Barton-1

Viduka-2

:lol:

:lol:

Yeh! letz sak im n gez morinhoz coz ee iz da bestest evah n wud cum her coz ma dog iz portugeze!

You need to put your mobile down for a while Leeds Mag  you idiot. :giggle: