them 1-1 Us - 10/11/07 - Official match thread (Post-match reaction from p15)

midds

Shit tatics from Allardyce? Who would of thought.

You can't say that!

Give him time etc etc. :giggle:

glad you think its funny.

Anyway, I bet Andy Gray's praise of Smith is pissing you right off   :clap:

I thought you didn't judge Smith when he played in midfield?

Oh, I don't. I already know he's an asset to the club. Still think your previous remark is funny ?

Why shouldn't I find it funny?

More shocking tactics and players played out of position yet people are still trying to justify what he's doing.

As for Smith, decent first half but done nothing in the second half except go on a run and tripping over his own feet. mackems.gif

why shouldn't you find it funny ? How sad. Pathetic in fact. Good supporter aren't you  :clap:

As pretty much everyone on here except you agrees Smith had a good game, it tells its own story.

You wanted Allardyce BTW, didn't you ?

Oh, NE5 trying to make out someone isn't a good supporter because they were laughing at people trying to justify Allardyce's bizarre tactics, talk about clutching straws. mackems.gif

As for Smith, I've said he had a decent first half, so did Scott Parker in that position when we were over ran but that didn't mean he was a good enough either, I'll bookmark this though for when you say you don't judge him on what he does in midfield though. O0

As for me wanting Allardyce, I would have took him back when Souness left and I wasn't against him when Roeder went although I wanted Sven or Houllier, are you saying I can't criticise him now because of that? Going by that logic you can't criticise Mike Ashley as you were happy that he took over and couldn't wait to sell your shares to him, even at a 33% loss. :laugh2:

We desperately need and Attacking midfielder... Barton and Emre are just not going to cut it in a 4-4-2

How many games have they played together?

Plus Barton was on the wing, nothing like giving a player time though is there...

who will he sell ? And what will you say if he sells nobody and doesn't get the money ?

I've got no idea who he'll sell and if he get's no money I'll say deja vu, what will you say?

I will say, that I'd be quite worried the ambition for the club by the owners is disappointing, and not that of the previous owners, but I'm obviously hoping this is not the case in the long run.

We were almost embarrassed today, for the first time since 1980. Never mind though, we have better PR, so thats alright.

Why do Baggio and NE5 have to argue about Smith and/or the (old) board in every single thread?

I don't know, you tell me why Baggio keeps harping on about Smith being a poor replacement for Dyer when his best position is up front - and disregarding that today he was one of our best players, if not the best

Because Allardyce said on tv, witnessed by plenty on here that Dyer's replacement would be signed tomorrow which was the day we signed Smith.

who will he sell ? And what will you say if he sells nobody and doesn't get the money ?

I've got no idea who he'll sell and if he get's no money I'll say deja vu, what will you say?

I will say, that I'd be quite worried the ambition for the club by the owners is disappointing, and not that of the previous owners, but I'm obviously hoping this is not the case in the long run.

We were almost embarrassed today, for the first time since 1980. Never mind though, we have better PR, so thats alright.

But you were happy with the takeover, that's why you sold your shares at a 33% loss on what you paid for them.

Am I right in thinking that a manager you wanted and who has been backed more then the last manager, who you also wanted almost embarassed you today?  :lol:

It looked like a good post until the last 2 lines.

Am I right in thinking that a manager you wanted and who has been backed more then the last manager, who you also wanted almost embarassed you today?  :lol:

It looked like a good post until the last line.

They both done better than "Top Boss" Souness though, funnily enough he wanted him too! mackems.gif

You can't say that!

Oh, I don't. I already know he's an asset to the club. Still think your previous remark is funny ?

More shocking tactics and players played out of position yet people are still trying to justify what he's doing.

As for Smith, decent first half but done nothing in the second half except go on a run and tripping over his own feet. mackems.gif

why shouldn't you find it funny ? How sad. Pathetic in fact. Good supporter aren't you  :clap:

As pretty much everyone on here except you agrees Smith had a good game, it tells its own story.

Oh, NE5 trying to make out someone isn't a good supporter because they were laughing at people trying to justify Allardyce's bizarre tactics, talk about clutching straws. mackems.gif

As for Smith, I've said he had a decent first half, so did Scott Parker in that position when we were over ran but that didn't mean he was a good enough either, I'll bookmark this though for when you say you don't judge him on what he does in midfield though. O0

As for me wanting Allardyce, I would have took him back when Souness left and I wasn't against him when Roeder went although I wanted Sven or Houllier, are you saying I can't criticise him now because of that? Going by that logic you can't criticise Mike Ashley as you were happy that he took over and couldn't wait to sell your shares to him, even at a 33% loss. :laugh2:

You're a sad lad.

One thing I have NEVER done, Matthew, is laugh at this club, even when it was really in the doldrums and run by shite directors, far worse than being in the top half of the top league.

Can't imagine why someone laughs at the club who says they support the club. Never mind admitting it, especially against the mackems. Thats one hell of an admission.

I don't mind losing money on my shares, I can bear the small loss, I quite liked owning them, there was never anything to stop you buying some in the club you say you supported ? Care to tell us why, just think of the profit you would have made ?

It looked like a good post until the last line.

They both done better than "Top Boss" Souness though, funnily enough he wanted him too! mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Matthew holds hands with his post editing chums on toontastic again ......

You're a sad lad.

One thing I have NEVER done, Matthew, is laugh at this club, even when it was really in the doldrums and run by s**** directors, far worse than being in the top half of the top league.

Can't imagine why someone laughs at the club who says they support the club. Never mind admitting it, especially against the mackems. Thats one hell of an admission.

I don't mind losing money on my shares, I can bear the small loss, I quite liked owning them, there was never anything to stop you buying some in the club you say you supported ? Care to tell us why, just think of the profit you would have made ?

This isn't a piss take or anything, did they let you keep the certificate?

Allardyce needs time, a draw is a good result, Barton was playing out of position, we made more changes so team still hasn't gelled together, Owen didn't really get service etc.

Excuses can be made but at the end of the day, we weren't good enough today. We weren't good enough against Pompey, or Reading, or Derby, and it needs to be fixed quickly, or we'll keep losing.

No laughing matter. If Allardyce fails, I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong about him. Plenty of people agreed, but there you go. Shame you can't acknowledge the possibility of the owners lacking the same ambition may have some substance to it though.

You can't say that!

You're a sad lad.

One thing I have NEVER done, Matthew, is laugh at this club, even when it was really in the doldrums and run by shite directors, far worse than being in the top half of the top league.

That's right NE5, I must be a real shit supporter because I posted a  :giggle: at people defending Allardyce by saying give him time when it was 0-0.

As for buying shares, why would I want to? To make a big loss on them like you did when you sold yours? That doesn't seem like a good investment opportunity to me.

You couldn't wait to sell yours though, even at a big loss so don't complain if he doesn't back the manager.

Allardyce needs time, a draw is a good result, Barton was playing out of position, we made more changes so team still hasn't gelled together, Owen didn't really get service etc.

Excuses can be made but at the end of the day, we weren't good enough today. We weren't good enough against Pompey, or Reading, or Derby, and it needs to be fixed quickly, or we'll keep losing.

A draw isn't a good result considering we were playing a poor team, that could be taken either way.  After going 1 down I'll settle for the draw.

You're a sad lad.

One thing I have NEVER done, Matthew, is laugh at this club, even when it was really in the doldrums and run by s**** directors, far worse than being in the top half of the top league.

This isn't a piss take or anything, did they let you keep the certificate?

Its strange Mick but although I was one of the few people around who could actually see how much the Halls and Shepherd were and defended them for it - and the european qualifications to prove it - I don't really think Shepherd is the brightest tool in the box, and seeing your avatar in a way makes me think you have something in common with him.

I was responding to Baggio. Why do you keep responding for him ?

No laughing matter. If Allardyce fails, I'll hold my hand up and say I was wrong about him. Plenty of people agreed, but there you go. Shame you can't acknowledge the possibility of the owners lacking the same ambition may have some substance to it though.

But you were happy with the takeover, that's why you couldn't wait to sell your shares to Mike Ashley even at a big loss.

I don't see money spent and automatically call it ambition, all of the noises coming from inside the club suggests  ambition and we did spend more money in the transfer window than we've done since Souness was manager so I'll wait and see.

Guest Micktoon

Without going back through endless pages, how fucking shite was rozenhal today?

Overall embarrasing performance with us being outplayed by a bunch of championship class players. It would be interesting to dig up our attempts on goal (on target) stats and compare them to the rest of the league. We simply do not make the opposition keeper work enough.

We got out of jail there. F*cking hell, how bad are we at the moment?!

Allardyce is really pushing his luck with his team selections and tactics. He might have the credentials to do it here, but I'm not sure he'll ever pull his head out of his own arse. The derby is not the time for pissing about putting players out of their natural positions. He said himself it was a case of 'back to basics', a call most fans would have sympathy with, yet he's tried to be clever again. It seems the praise went to his head a while ago, now he's gone down the road of eccentric team selections and awkward tactics. If it comes off he looks a genius but right now he's looking like a tit.

He's trying to play the smart arse and it's cost him every time he's done it. N'Zogbia pushed to left back to accommodate Milner on the left wing. Why? Taylor pushed to right back so the machinist can go up against Chopra and Jones. Why? I don't know what our gameplan was, I don't think anyone does. We seemed to play pretty deep for much of the game and sacrificed most of the possession, so a counter-attacking game was the plan maybe. In that case why was Martins on the bench until the 82nd minute? I'd like to see Sam try and explain it, surely he knows we got out of jail there. He'll say it's a good point but he's got to say something, hasn't he. One or two fans will buy it I suppose.

Most fans don't have any time for smart arses and won't suffer fools kindly, he needs to take note quickly. He's not as clever as he thinks he is.

A draw isn't a good result considering we were playing a poor team, that could be taken either way.  After going 1 down I'll settle for the draw.

He was listing excuses already used in this thread, hence the "etc etc".

You can't say that!

You're a sad lad.

That's right NE5, I must be a real shit supporter because I posted a  :giggle: at people defending Allardyce by saying give him time when it was 0-0.

As for buying shares, why would I want to? To make a big loss on them like you did when you sold yours? That doesn't seem like a good investment opportunity to me.

You couldn't wait to sell yours though, even at a big loss so don't complain if he doesn't back the manager.

Talk about dodging the issue  :lol:

I don't think anybody who bought shares when they were issued expected to make money, I didn't, do it doesn't matter to me. I bought them because I wanted to own shares in the club that I support. As I said, I can bear a loss on them, its of little consequence. You also failed to read where I said, you could have bought them when the price was low and would have made a profit.

Tut tut.

I suddenly get a feeling you aren't much of a supporter of the club, if you see it as in investment, it certainly points that way, it isn't something that ever crossed my own mind. Nor has spending money on the club in any shape or form, ever.

Whatever. I hope you read this, this time. But if you don't understand, it says quite a lot.

We got out of jail there. F*cking hell, how bad are we at the moment?!

Allardyce is really pushing his luck with his team selections and tactics. He might have the credentials to do it here, but I'm not sure he'll ever pull his head out of his own arse. It seems the praise went to his head a while ago, now he's gone down the road of eccentric team selections and awkward tactics. If it comes off he looks a genius but right now he's looking like a tit.

He's trying to play the smart arse and it's cost him every time he's done it. N'Zogbia pushed to left back to accommodate Milner on the left wing. Why? Taylor pushed to right back so the machinist can go up against Chopra and Jones. Why? I don't know what our gameplan was, I don't think anyone does. We seemed to play pretty deep for much of the game and sacrificed most of the possession, so a counter-attacking game was the plan maybe. In that case why was Martins on the bench until the 82nd minute? I'd like to see Sam try and explain it, surely he knows we got out of jail there. He'll say it's a good point but he's got to say something, hasn't he. One or two fans will buy it I suppose.

Most fans don't have any time for smart arses and won't suffer fools kindly, he needs to take note quickly. He's not as clever as he thinks he is.

managers trying to be clever dicks piss me off. Sam is trying to be a clever dick, and I thought he would adapt to Newcastle. I agree with every word you say.

Its strange Mick but although I was one of the few people around who could actually see how much the Halls and Shepherd were and defended them for it - and the european qualifications to prove it - I don't really think Shepherd is the brightest tool in the box, and seeing your avatar in a way makes me think you have something in common with him.

I was responding to Baggio. Why do you keep responding for him ?

First point, that isn't me in my avatar.

Second point I wasn't really responding for Bagio, I know you cared about your shares and had hoped that even though you sold them, you may have been allowed to keep the certificate.