Allardyce.

Menace

Who likes stats?

oh i was referring to the person who masterminded the thread

I do!

...and keef then

Fucking right. Did you know that since we were promoted to the Premier League, 54.8% of our league goals have come in the second half?

I think people are getting a bit hysterical

Since you like stats so much: 18 points in 12 games translates to about 58 points in 38 games

Not exactly relegation fodder

Yes, but when you look at who we've played in those 12 games, 18 points is pretty bad.

We still have to play the "big 4" 8 times this season, how many points will we get from those games..

Things are not looking bright.

Who likes stats?

oh i was referring to the person who masterminded the thread

I do!

...and keef then

Fucking right. Did you know that since we were promoted to the Premier League, 54.8% of our league goals have come in the second half?

Wow.. all this time i was thinking it was 54.6 %

Thanks keef  for opening my eyes O0

54.77%, to be more accurate, but that's just getting geeky.

I'm intrigued, how about goals in the first half?

Guess.

Ah.... but say a game has 5 minutes injury time in the first half, and 10 in the second.

Technically any goal scored in the first 2 minutes after half time should be included in the first half should they not?

Guest Brewcastle

Against Reading it was a clean sheet/draw. Portsmouth should be attacked...

I can't wait to hear about Sam's tactics and ambitions in the up-coming games  ???.

Guess.

Ah.... but say a game has 5 minutes injury time in the first half, and 10 in the second.

Technically any goal scored in the first 2 minutes after half time should be included in the first half should they not?

No.

Guess.

No.

Yes!

You've got to consider the dirty technicality - 2 halves have to be equal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half

Therefore if in totality a game lasts for 105 minutes (as per the original expample), the first half must be 52.5 minutes in length - the 15 minute break is actually an artificial break in the game.

Hence, technically a goal scored in the 51st minute of said game is scored after the break, but technically in the first half of the game!