Playing for 0-0...

Kev

Guest optimistic nit

we do have the quality to beat teams like liverpool, but not if we play for draws... we need a winning mentality ... our football is far too negative

We should never, ever play like that at home ever again. It's scandalous, tbh.

aye, and yet we somehow thing we should go to teams like derby and play for a draw as well.

Av never understood this playing for a draw scenario, surely its easier to lose a game that we are drawing in that it is to lose a game we are winning. why make it difficult for yourself? It's basically sayin that its easier to defend goals than it is to score them, which may well be partly true but on the flip side automatically gives the initiative for the toher side to try and test the theory which means a bombardent.

Guest sittingontheball

Did Allardyce ever do this at Bolton? I don't remember them being as bad/negative as we've been recently.

Has anyone told him that coming here was a step up, not a step down? We're playing liked a newly promoted team happy with any scraps, not a contender for a European place.

After watching Big Sams interview yesterday, i think he's an even bigger twat.

Excuse after excuse and then he come out and said he just wanted us to contain them!

Why the fuck should we have to contain a team at SJP ?

Teams should be coming here and containing us ffs!

Saying that like, unless he injects some pace into the team,i.e playing Milner and Charlie on the wings. We won't get anywhere. playing dross like Geremi and Smith on the wings, and then bringing Charlie off and keeping geremi on ? Madness, complete madness.

I'm sorry, but he must go now before he puts us into more shit.

after recent performances (if not all season) i'm beginning to think SA is on a Souness style mission to be sacked. He is doing exactly the same shite...crap formations and players out of position.

Today his subs simply took the piss.

Its not that he wants to get sacked. He's just not big or good enough to admit he fucked up, and do something different.

after recent performances (if not all season) i'm beginning to think SA is on a Souness style mission to be sacked. He is doing exactly the same shite...crap formations and players out of position.

Today his subs simply took the piss.

Its not that he wants to get sacked. He's just not big or good enough to admit he fucked up, and do something different.

He is a right stubborn, egotistical prick.

Saying he doesn't care if the fans like him or not, saying he's gonna continue what we've been doing away from home even though everyone can see how terrible we've been.

Or is it he's continuing the same tactics away from home because he's a one trick pony and doesn't know anything else?