Allardyce gone if we suffer defeat on Wednesday

stozo

Guest Biggav316

i blagged corporate tickets for the blackburn game through one of my friends relatives and was drinking in the directors lounge after the match.

Ashley came into the bar with chris mort after the game and me and my 3 pals spent half an hour talking to them. The upshot is that allardyce has to prove himself still but they are going to give him time to do it.

had a great chat with them and the banter was good.

Thank f*** for that. :thup:

it was hilarious reading the notw today after speaking to him yesterday. all the crap they printed about him being angry etc etc was a total load of bollocks compared to what he was saying after the game. chris mort is defo the sensible one of the two but then again you cant be a stupid multi millionaire can you?

i blagged corporate tickets for the blackburn game through one of my friends relatives and was drinking in the directors lounge after the match.

Ashley came into the bar with chris mort after the game and me and my 3 pals spent half an hour talking to them. The upshot is that allardyce has to prove himself still but they are going to give him time to do it.

had a great chat with them and the banter was good.

Nice one. :thup:

I'm really hoping for an electric atmosphere on Wednesday. We often get one against Arsenal and I'm hoping the whole stadium will rally together against all the shit that's been printed in the last week or so and we can start to put things right on and off the field. Fingers crossed for us to be Newcastle United for a change.

Guest Biggav316

i asked him if he was open to criticism to which he replied always

I then told him i could never buy a top that fits me in his sports soccer shops, he needs to start stocking larger sizes.

I asked why local hero wasnt being played at the matches anymore.

mort said it was because he had put it out to the fans forums and it was seen as shearers song and a bit depressing so they decided to change it-  i told him it did go on a bit but you cant beat the roar at the end of it to get you going-  mort said "so what your saying is that we should play the last 10 seconds of it then "  to which i told him its no wonder with ideas like that he is the chairman and not me.

it was a crap game but a half hour with them at the end of the match made up for it. Ashley is totally living the dream

Mackem Louise Taylor stirring it in The Guardian:

Shearer ready to step in with Allardyce one game from sack

Louise Taylor

Monday December 3, 2007

The Guardian

Alan Shearer

Alan Shearer has been touted as next manager of England, but it is understood that he would be keener to manage Newcastle.

Alan Shearer is understood to be prepared to end his sabbatical from football if a managerial vacancy arises at Newcastle United.

Sam Allardyce is under increasing pressure at St James' Park and, with Newcastle having taken only one point from their past five games, there are suggestions that defeat at home to Arsenal on Wednesday could prompt his dismissal.

Although Newcastle poured scorn on such a notion yesterday and said newspaper reports claiming Allardyce was one game from the sack were "not worthy of comment", Mike Ashley, the club's owner, is believed to be giving thought to his manager's future.

Last night friends of Shearer indicated that the former Newcastle and England captain would be interested in managing his home-town club should Allardyce, who witnessed a 3-1 defeat at Blackburn on Saturday, fail to turn things around.

Currently working as a football pundit for the BBC and serving as a special ambassador at Newcastle, Shearer is admired by Ashley and the club chairman, Chris Mort. He has not completed his mandatory professional licence qualification but has been on several coaching courses since retiring from playing and would almost certainly be permitted to follow in the footsteps of Middlesbrough's Gareth Southgate and initially manage in the Premier League without one.

The former striker has been touted as a potential successor to Steve McClaren as England's head coach but it is understood that he would be more interested in coaching Newcastle than his country.

Ironically Allardyce, who left Bolton Wanderers for Tyneside six months ago, was beaten to the England job by Steve McClaren in the spring of 2006. After succeeding Glenn Roeder at St James' Park he oversaw Newcastle's best start to a season for a decade, but results have since gone awry amid rumours that certain players are underwhelmed by his tactics and training methods.

Should Allardyce survive defeat against Arsenal, Saturday's home match against Birmingham City could further determine his, and Shearer's, immediate future.

Big Sam v Big Al

Sam Allardyce

Worn Newcastle No9 shirt? No

United goals

Played for Sunderland? Yes

Managerial trophies

Father in local sheet metal business? No

Dubbed 'geordie messiah'? No

Alan Shearer

Worn Newcastle No9 shirt? Yes

United goals 206

Played for Sunderland? No