I was on Five Live earlier talking about Allardyce

Tom_NUFC

They were talking about Allardyce and I was getting annoyed with Chris Waddle and fans of other clubs missing, what is the point for me - Allardyce's tactics, NOT the players. Suddenly I found myself calling in.

I'm on at about 2 hrs 25 mins in. (use the 15 min and 1 min skips).

I felt it was a bit jumbled (I don't know where 'senseless' came from, I meant either nonsensical or perhaps pointless, but hey, live radio and all that). I keep thinking of other things I had to say, but you have a limited time and I got a couple of my points in. The beginning caught me off guard a little bit as I hadn't thought much about Allardyce not talking to the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/fivelive_aod.shtml?fivelive/morning_tue

Did you mention something about Sky at the start? I think I may have been listening briefly in the car.

Yeah. The caller before me was going on about Allardyce can't say NUFC is unmanagable when he won't even talk to fans via the BBC. She then asked me if - as an NUFC fan I thought that was a problem. I said that I think it can be for people who don't have Sky because they're not going to hear his views and his comments so much.

Good stuff, Tom. Can't really tell if you're behind the guy or not but i doubt many would disagree with the points made too much.

Cheers.

As I said, I started out thinking he had to be given time, let the team settle down, gel in. But I'm finding it hard because of his tactics. I'm now thinking that his tactics are at fault. I didn't really get the chance to say so, but you don't need time to play the right tactics and players in the proper positions.

i've had a couple of e-mails read out and once got an e-mail urging me to call as they'd like to put me on (was about the kelvin mackenzie saying the scots were lazy etc and the south east provided for the rest of the country)

I listen to TalkSport a lot when I'm busy round the house, and it's seems clear to me they only let on the stupidest Geordies who ring in. One rang in after the Blackbun match, unbelievably fucking idiot. Terry Christian was on (who is a twat, tbh, but had been very fair in regards to the Toon, what our support deserves etc.) and this bloke, obviously pissed, goes:

Idiot: 'Ya knaa, what is is, Terry, man? How many fans have bin at the San Siro, eh? Eh? Ansa uz that. Gan on.'

Quinny: 'Er. What's your point, mate?'

Idiot: 'Ya knaa, how many fans have been at the Nou Camp, eh? Ya West Hams, Spurs and that? How many? Can yuh tell uz? Eh? Have been at the San Siro?'

Christian: 'I don't know. What are you trying to say?'

Idiot: 'Eh. Ah've been there. How many fans can say that, eh? Eh?'

They obviously only took the call cos' this fella was a fucking moron.

well done Tom, I know from experience it's not an easy thing to do. I rang up once and they mocked me. They mocked me because I was too frank with them. :downtown:

Yeah - they mock when you don't say "Ye Knaa" and "Like" repeatedly so's they can take the p*ss.