Ashley wants Capello. In other news winged pig sighted.

Guest sicko2ndbest

And I still think we would have kept improving with SBR. His record at every club he's been at indicates this, even if we had a dip in form 1 season (the season he got sacked), I reckon he would have replaced the bad players and sorted it all out again.

Biggest problem at the time was Shepherd though - loads of stuff been written that suggests he was underminign Robson, and buying selling players himself - The Woodgate and Speed sales, and 'alleged' Rooney bids being the most well reported.

The chairman had clearly lost confidence/faith in Robson, so probably wouldn't have backed him for too many players had he left him in charge anyway.

As I said above, I felt it was the right time for Robson to step down at the end of the season before (after losing in the UEFA to Marseille, and finishing 5th). While finishing 5th was still good, the results had been slipping away, and there were the same rumours as now about him l'osing the dressing room'. We should have moved him to Director of Football or similar, and installed a new manager at the end of the season, giving the new man the whole summer, while keeping Sir Bobby at the club in a new role.

We all know what happened, and the rest is history, and the damage done is still being repaired now.

in fairness to Robson he would have played Bellamy and Kluivert up front the season he got sacked. Would have spent the January money on a good centre half and full back (not Boum and baba) and finished top 4 quite possibly, 5th/6th worst case senario

in the summer 05, Souness spent £40m. Had Robson been given this type of money we'd be challenging for something, but it's unlikely we'd have won anything in fairness, especially with his deteriorating health

Robson had lost the dressing room from all reports.

Dyer should have been booted out after refusing to play on the wings, and Shearer should have been sold as soon as he fired those warnings about being dropped. However, would Robson have done either of these?

I think he had become too soft - Dyer was like his son and Shearer his star player and the team's icon. Someone like Alex Ferguson would not have blinked twice about releasing players with that sort of relationship if he feels the team needs to move on, eg Roy Keane booted as soon as he caused a stir in the media and no longer being the player he once was.

Big shame that these players took the liberties they (allegedly) did, but thats part and parcel of being a Premiership manager - they have to handle big egos and those who want only to further their own career irrespective of the team's needs, and the manager needs to do that without letting them step out of line or taking any s*** from them, which ultimately means shipping out a bad seed regardless of their importance to the team. In fact, thats the trademark of a good manager - they have no fear in replacing someone who many fans think to be the irreplaceable.

Would just like to know, what are peoples reasons for wanting shearer? I dont understand why people would want him? Could any one of the pro shearer group explain why you'd want him at here? And for what reasons you have come to this judgement?

i really doubt that.

If Sir Bobby had been given what Souness spent then I think we would have had a good chance, I'd put my life on it that we wouldn't be in the state that we are now.

Or even worse, the state we were in 6 months ago.

I have no doubt about that.

I don't know about why people want Shearer but I really do want to have a world class manager. Capello is one conterary to some people claim he is not that much spanding manager while he was in Roma he won the title against the big spending Inter and Lazio sides with modrate budget. Having said that if we are in right track I assume Ashely is wiing to spend millions.

Tough times? We've picked up a few bad results...

Its been shit all season, we were very lucky to get early point on the board, we are actually in a false position, we should be lower, so yes, tough times considering the fans are shouting at the manager, there is player unrest, board twitching etc...

I suppose its just normal for NUFC, but it is in fact tough times right now.

spot on Toon taylor HTT belive in certain things all he want to do is try to paint false image to make his argument well. I am all for Capello or Lipp kinda merited mangers to manage us. Offcourse if they want to take this challenge any one who disagree with this and say Big sam needs time need to see a doctor.

i really doubt that.

If Sir Bobby had been given what Souness spent then I think we would have had a good chance, I'd put my life on it that we wouldn't be in the state that we are now.

Or even worse, the state we were in 6 months ago.

I have no doubt about that.

Gavilan £2m

Bassedas £4m

Cort £7m

O'Brien £2m

Viana £8.5m

Bramble £4.5m

Ambrose £2.5m

Are you sure?

The board, manager and the players all seem fine. The only unrest there is - is dodgy news stories saying Sam's getting sacked and us getting reeled in by it.

In a perfect world you would be right. It a perfect world the fans would take this poor form on the chin and not shout at the manager or boo his every decision.

We don't live in that world, and to say that all is well with the above is beyond naive.

IF Big Sam is to be sacked....we'll need an attacking coach who dares to play Martins and Owen up front supported by another skillful and creative attacking midfielder like Emre(or Van der Vaart ;) )  behind them. Not the most powerful trio but their pace would trouble every single defence in the league and that we havne't been able to do for such a long time. At the moment (with this booring defensive play) we can't even get the ball to our forwards. Under pressure our defence is just pure s..t

I wouldn't exactly like Capello but at least he'd be some improvement to BSA