The Three Greatest Players Of Your Lifetime

Tooj

Guest Ballfoot

are any of those three really better than maradona or did you just not see a lot of him so can't compare?

Maradona was a very good player, but I don't put him in my top three.

are any of those three really better than maradona or did you just not see a lot of him so can't compare?

Really? Suppose thats what football is about though. In my view the Krauts couldnt live with Maradona. No idea if Pele was any better as the game had changed and it would be very hard to compare.

All exceptional players though.

http://www.wldcup.com/pictures/wld2006/0606/pic603.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/shamik_das/Pictures/Ronaldo-action.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/naroop/henry.jpg

or at least my 3 favorite.

Guest Ballfoot

Really? Suppose thats what football is about though. In my view the Krauts couldnt live with Maradona. No idea if Pele was any better as the game had changed and it would be very hard to compare.

All exceptional players though.

I could easily have put Maradona in, but Pele is my number one number 10 - had everything, a far better footballer than Maradona in my view. Muller is always overlooked in these sorts of exchanges, possibly because he was an ungainly, ugly little fatwab  ;D Best pure centre-forward of all time though for me. Beckenbauer just ran games, the most influential player I've ever seen.

Guest YankeeGeordie

50s ~ Ferenc Puskás

60s ~ Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Pelé)

70s ~ Franz Beckenbauer

80s ~ Diego Maradona

90s ~ Zinedine Zidane

00s ~ Jury still out

Yes, I'm that old.

I assume anyone voting for the likes of Pele etc. is over 40?  Otherwise you couldn't possibly have seen enough of him on a regular basis to judge him other than basing your decision on reputation and the opinion of others.

Guest Ballfoot

I assume anyone voting for the likes of Pele etc. is over 40?  Otherwise you couldn't possibly have seen enough of him on a regular basis to judge him other than basing your decision on reputation and the opinion of others.

You assume correctly in my case. And, although our generation is fortunate to have watched these players, I daresay most of us would happily forego the memories in exchange for a couple of decades if it could be arranged  bluerazz.gif

You assume correctly in my case. And, although our generation is fortunate to have watched these players, I daresay most of us would happily forego the memories in exchange for a couple of decades if it could be arranged  bluerazz.gif

I'm in that oldie bracket too  O0 but I can't honestly say I saw enough of Pele to say he was better than the likes of Maradona.  Anyway Pele was just a random example.  There are clearly people on here voting for players they can't possibly have seen enough of to judge.

Guest bertiemasson

1. Diego Maradona - Man could that little cheating midget play!

2. Michael Laudrup - Cultural long before Zidane

4. Zbigniew Boniek - Polish legend!

Too many to choose from but I loved Mexico 86 the REAL start of football reniassance not Italia 90!

Too many to choose from but I loved Mexico 86 the REAL start of football reniassance not Italia 90!

'82 was better ;)

Who can you put Boniek above the likes of Platini btw?

'82 was better ;)

Who can you put Boniek above the likes of Platini btw?

Maybe Platini was number 3.