England against Premiership XI so far this season

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Just a thought, the england team that is arguably our best when everyone is fit:

-----------------------------------------Carson-----------------------------------------

Richards----------------Ferdinaind-----------Terry-----------------------------Cole

Beckham---------------Gerrard---------------Hargreaves/Lampard---------Cole

---------------------------Rooney-------------Owen------------------------------------

Subs: Robinson, Lescott, Hargreaves/Lampard, Wright-Phillips,Crouch

The top fantasy football team since the start of the season playing in a 4-4-2

----------------------------------------Green-----------------------------------------------

G.Johnsen--------------M.Laursen--------R.Ferdinaind-----------------------S.Distin

Elano--------------------Fabregas---------Gerrard-----------------------------Petrov

---------------------------Tevez--------------Keane----------------------------------------

Subs: Reina,Lescott, Lampard, Ronaldo, Adebayor

How many of our current England team would get into the premiership XI so far this season?

For me I would have a team of:

-----------------------------------------Green------------------------------------------------

M.Richards----------------Ferdinand------Terry-----------------------------A.Cole

Elano----------------------Fabregas-------Gerrard---------------------------J.Cole

------------------------------Tevez-----------Rooney--------------------------------------

Subs: Reina, Lescott, Lampard, Ronaldo, Adebayor

SO from a possible 16 inclusions in the team I would pick 9 Englishmen, still a high proportion of the squad, working on the assumption that those selected as subs in the original squads can only be subs in the final squad. The core of the team performing well in the premiershp is English without a striker, but Rooney has been injured for a while. Things don't look so bad as I expected, but it goes to show how poor McLaren was with his motivational techniques if these players perform week in week out for their clubs but not for their nation.

Laursen's quality. He's been quality since his Milan days but injury has really derailed his career for the past couple of seasons. But now that's he back on the pitch again, it's obvious he hasn't lost any of the quality I remember seeing in the 2002 WC. Terry's also quite overrated to be fair, he lacks pace and hasn't been as commanding as he was a couple of seasons ago.

Joe Cole's also been shite for the past season or two, so I don't see how you could put him in the team. Seems that it's a team based on reputation; this applies to the other Cole as well - shite and overrated are terms that he's personified since his move from Arsenal.

ronaldo is a no brainer for me - classes above the rest of the league - unfortunately!

the team would probably be

reina

richards (even if he doesn't play rb for citee)

rio

toure

lb - ???

ronaldo

gerrard

fabregas

petrov

elano

adebayor

these people have proved their worth this season - they are not neccesarily the best players, but the best so far!

Guest nufc_geordie

I'm not saying that premiership XI is the one I would have neccessarily picked, these are the players thrown up in the dream team so far this season in the buweiser fantasy football league. I agree Ronaldo would be in there but the stats said he wasn't so I did'nt include him. The premiership dream team was produced totally analytically without any thought process by me! My premiership XI would be:

----------------------------Green---------------------------

Corluka--------Ferdinand-------Laursen--------Distin

Ronaldo--------Fabrega--------Gerrard---------Young

------------------Adebayor-------Agbonlahor------------

Guest Steven_MB

personally i think that only Ferdinand would get in the team.

Belletti is far better than Richards, especiallt in attack!

Terry has played well, but not as well as toure does every week for Arsenal.

Gallas at left back has proved that Chelsea got the worst deal when they swapped him for Cole(with money??

Fabregas is an automatic choice for obvious reason, Gerrard could go beside him but Essien is the complete machine, and I don't think a manager would ever play Gerrard and Fabregas next to each other!

Petrov and Ronaldo are in a league above beckam and Cole.

Torres and Adebayor are better

good to see people are finally giving Rio Ferdinand the respect he deserves a defender, has been immense so far as he was last season

Totally agree. Top, top player and is actually under-rated by England & Premiership fans.

He's more important to England than any other player. He's the only England player to consistently to a quality and looks as good for his club as he does England unlike every single other England player.

Guest nufc_geordie

I got the impression over the past couple of years that Rio Ferdinand had taken his game rather lightly and assumed he had "made it". He appeared to have quite a lazy attitude and when strolling games made a few mistakes.Towards the end of last season and especially this he seems to have improved his concentration and his performances have excelled.

good to see people are finally giving Rio Ferdinand the respect he deserves a defender, has been immense so far as he was last season

Totally agree. Top, top player and is actually under-rated by England & Premiership fans.

He's more important to England than any other player. He's the only England player to consistently to a quality and looks as good for his club as he does England unlike every single other England player.

Absolutely, he's massively underated, i'd honestly put him in my world 11. The best english defender in 60 years if you ask me, if only his attitude and desire showed on the itch as well as off it he'd be a collosuss in the game. He could easily have been england captain. Terry who?