Longest unbeaten run

Guest SLK

Was wondering the other day what is our longest unbeaten run (home+away), (home only), (away only) since the inception of the PL till now. Would my guess be right if say these records were achieved during Keegan reign ?

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and probably Liverpool would the top ones when it comes to these records I guess...

I can remember watching a particularly long unbeaten (in fact 100%) run ending at St James's Park with a 0 - 1 score against Grimsby.

Not sure of the year but, I was standing in the Milburn Paddock at the time at the Gallowgate end of the Milburn stand, I think the Gallowgate was being developed at the time.

I can remember watching a particularly long unbeaten (in fact 100%) run ending at St James's Park with a 0 - 1 score against Grimsby.

Not sure of the year but, I was standing in the Milburn Paddock at the time at the Gallowgate end of the Milburn stand, I think the Gallowgate was being developed at the time.

It was the promotion season of 92-93 - we had just come off an 11 game winning run, finishing with the win at Joker Park the previous week...ironically, it was AT Grimsby, in May the following year, that we clinched promotion with a 2-0 win ; Andy Cole got the first, just after half-time and Ned Kelly clinched it on around 85 mins - one of the best nights supporting NUFC I've ever had ; was lucky enough to get into the Directors' Box at Blundell Park, we were all going berserk when Ned scored. KK had a bucket of water chucked over him by Ned afterwards - always wondered if that was why he let Ned go to Wolves after the season ended(just joking !).

It was the promotion season of 92-93 - we had just come off an 11 game winning run, finishing with the win at Joker Park the previous week...ironically, it was AT Grimsby, in May the following year, that we clinched promotion with a 2-0 win ; Andy Cole got the first, just after half-time and Ned Kelly clinched it on around 85 mins - one of the best nights supporting NUFC I've ever had ; was lucky enough to get into the Directors' Box at Blundell Park, we were all going berserk when Ned scored. KK had a bucket of water chucked over him by Ned afterwards - always wondered if that was why he let Ned go to Wolves after the season ended(just joking !).

Aye what a night that was. Cleethorpes was like little newcastle that evening. The following night I shook David Kelly's hand in the bogs of the Shahenshah in Whitley. Funny that the hygene implications of that have only just registered :-[

Aye what a night that was. Cleethorpes was like little newcastle that evening. The following night I shook David Kelly's hand in the bogs of the Shahenshah in Whitley. Funny that the hygene implications of that have only just registered :-[

Did he fall ill the next day or something?

Guest rosstoon

I think it was when Keegan was in charge at the beginning of the promotion season.  A bigger shock is that our best run of consecutive clean sheets in top flight footy lays as 4.  It proves our defence have always been shocking.

What an amazing night that was. I was born and raised in Grimsby, but have always supported NUFC through family ties and my upbringing, although I've always followed Grimsby closely, what with it being my home. I always love it when these two teams play eachother.