Is relegation a real possibility?

Guest Smirky

relegation? mackems? wtf

come on now, we're not that bad.. although i can't really think of any other teams starting the PL with only one striker in their squad..

imo, it's vital to get good results in the first few weeks, as the opposition isn't that sophisticated and we should be able to win with our current squad..thats, you know, if everybody's fit..

surely Roeder knows, he can't afford the *usual* bad start, as the pressure on him and the team would increase immensly..yet i'm not sure what he's doing to ensure it doesn't happen..

anyways, i'm just glad the season starts.. tongue.gif

Guest The Fox

I would expect us to beat Wigan and Fulham but I do not expect much return from away games at Villa, Man U, Liverpool and West Ham in the first 5 or 6 weeks.

Just remember the similarities with the makems - the makems finished 7th I believe, like us - and Peter Reid, like Roeder - waited and waited for bargains, didnt sign, and ended up panicking when it went pear shaped and they were at the bottom, and paid three times what the players he bought were worth. And they were wastes of money, and just drained what cash was there, through unearned high wages.

And of course, they went down.

I believe we are better than they were, but we'll still not do as well as some believe without strengthening.

but owld Monkey heid never went 11 consecutive games without a loss...................

I'm concerned about the injury doubts surrounding a lot of our players. I expect the following to potentially have problem this season:

Duff, Emre, Carr, Bramble,Ameobi, Dyer (surely not), Babayaro, Luque

We can only hope that Bramble gets an injury.

Guest smoggeordie

I'm concerned about the injury doubts surrounding a lot of our players. I expect the following to potentially have problem this season:

Owen might miss a game or two.

Guest The Fox

Sadly its already starting to happen

• 2 months later...

Owen might miss a game or two.

Prophetic words! :winking:

I'm confident Newcastle won't go down even if they are scrapping in the lower reaches this season.

It's a possibility but it won't happen, mid-table beckons however unless we sign some quality in forward positions.

you may one day hope you never said that mate.no team is to good to go down but is roeder the man to give the money too.

Who of the 3 teams below us are better than us?

None of 'em.

But you could also argue that there were 3 or more poorer squads in the league compared to West Ham's in 3002/3.

Have you built a time machine?  :lol:

Of course it's a possibility. Have you seen how poorly we're playing at the moment? Have you seen our playing squad? Have you seen our manager? Have you seen our chairman?

Guest The Fox

I can remember very clearly in the recent past that many on here were saying that top 6 was a probability as there were only 4 sides better than us.

How times change.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think everyone on here stating that we will be relegated, should be banned for 1 season when it doesn't happen

and vice versa of course  blueyes.gif

Guest The Fox

Just thought in answer to knee jerk accusations I would show the following post from 2 months ago:

Re: Sack the board?

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 03:14:26 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing knee jerk about it. You cant sack the board but the reality is we are falling behind other clubs not just the top 4, the prospects for the season are bleak and Freddie has in charge exactly who he wanted, a yes man who won't rock the boat. Some people want to wake up on here.

Guest toongimp

I'm not predicting doom n gloom on the side. i think we have enough talent to stay afloat. Injuries this have caused us some serious problems without a doubt. However, I don't think Roeder is the man to lead us when the pressures on. Shepherd needs a manager with more gravitas and stick by him for once. We need to sell Luque, Bramble, babyaro - buy some defenders and get another striker on board to support martins up front, come january.

I think were in a better position to beat Sheffield though. Expect nothing less.

Who of the 3 teams below us are better than us?

None of 'em.

But you could also argue that there were 3 or more poorer squads in the league compared to West Ham's in 3002/3.

Have you built a time machine?  :lol:

Gah... We've been found out Pinky.  :lol:

/sorry 2002/3

Glenn Roeder has issued a rallying cry to his Newcastle United troops.

The Magpies slipped to 17th place in The Premiership over the weekend, following a 0-0 home draw with basement boys Charlton Athletic.

Sheffield United lie in wait for Newcastle next week and Roeder is aware his side need to start picking up points.

"We know what we have got to do and that is get some points on the board," Roeder told the Newcastle Evening Chronicle. "Turn the draws like Saturday into three points and get away from this nonsense of us being at the bottom of the table.

"We have got to get some points out of the next four to six games which would take us into the middle of the table and review the situation after that.

"As far as the players are concerned, there is no reason for their heads to drop. While the result was obviously disappointing on Saturday, there was nothing wrong with the performance."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=425533&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=2&title=Roeder+rallies+troops

Nice to see Roeder taking Relegation seriously

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

all of u people need to read what roeder said cos he's RIGHT. we got 2 start thinkin a bit more positively. all that was rong with the charlton match was that we didnt score. that will get sorted.

u should be ashamed! where is your faith? :nufc:

Relegation - no.

You HAVE to be joking.......!!??

Have to be  joking cos he thinks we wont get relegated.  We wont get relegated.

all of u people need to read what roeder said cos he's RIGHT. we got 2 start thinkin a bit more positively. all that was rong with the charlton match was that we didnt score. that will get sorted

The lack of desire, ideas or aim to score in the second half isnt exactly cause for celebration either