Alan Smith

tmonkey

Rightio, lets go into the season with a 14 man squad. That's a fucking brilliant idea.

Why does everyone on here go so over the top about our players being shitter than shit? Is Smith was as shit as you lot think, why don't we just get in a cheap league 1 player to replace him?

I'd rather play Zamblera,  the new lad Spear, Donaldson, Carroll, Krul, anyone before Smith. At least there's a chance they might win a header, control the ball, not get booked or even the Holy Grail - have a shot.

To be fair to Evertonians, thats exactly the same kind of thinking plenty of our lot on here had when we were linked with the likes of Duff and Smith, players who had turned into dogshit long before we purchased them yet were apparantly still good/top class players.

Rightio, lets go into the season with a 14 man squad. That's a fucking brilliant idea.

Why does everyone on here go so over the top about our players being shitter than shit? Is Smith was as shit as you lot think, why don't we just get in a cheap league 1 player to replace him?

I`m sure Donaldson ( if thats his name ) done more in the few minutes he had.

Why don't we?

I`m sure Donaldson ( if thats his name ) done more in the few minutes he had in his entire NUFC career

aye

I`m sure Donaldson ( if thats his name ) done more in the few minutes he had in his entire NUFC career

aye

Thanks for fixing the post, small oversight there.

Why don't we?

Because Smith is better than we can actually get? I'm as pissed off as everyone that (it looks like) we're not signing a replacement for Smith, but I also accept that if we don't sign a striker, we can't afford to let Smith go. The squad is as thin as we've ever had it in the Premiership, we simply cannot let more players go without replacements coming in.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin, read my original post and take note of the words "until we replace him". It's a clue.

Smith may be s***, but until we replace him, he's better than nothing.

no he isnt, he's worse than nothing

It's a tough call, they're very similar players. Roughly the same number of goals, assists, or even shots on goal per year.

I think I'd still give it to nothing though. He can play any position so he's more versatile, plus he's on significantly lower wages.

Oh, and nothing doesn't have that ugly as fuck hairdo.

Why don't we?

Because Smith is better than we can actually get?

A Premiership club can't sign a striker capable of having more than about five shots a season? Howay.

Rightio, lets go into the season with a 14 man squad. That's a f***ing brilliant idea.

Why does everyone on here go so over the top about our players being shitter than s***? Is Smith was as s*** as you lot think, why don't we just get in a cheap league 1 player to replace him?

Why don't we?

A Premiership club can't sign a striker capable of having more than about five shots a season? Howay.

Should've picked up Dong Gook Lee when Boro released him, at least he can score against League One opposition.

Why don't we?

Obviously fucking question on the way now....

Why aren't we then?

Rightio, lets go into the season with a 14 man squad. That's a f***ing brilliant idea.

Why does everyone on here go so over the top about our players being shitter than s***? Is Smith was as s*** as you lot think, why don't we just get in a cheap league 1 player to replace him?

Why don't we?

Because Smith is better than we can actually get? I'm as pissed off as everyone that (it looks like) we're not signing a replacement for Smith, but I also accept that if we don't sign a striker, we can't afford to let Smith go. The squad is as thin as we've ever had it in the Premiership, we simply cannot let more players go without replacements coming in.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin, read my original post and take note of the words "until we replace him". It's a clue.

With all due respect, I think it'd be very difficult to not get someone better than Smith.

Why don't we?

Why aren't we then?

Because most of them still wouldn't be good enough? We could find someone better than Smith in League One, but there's no point signing them for the Premiership is there?

:bluestar:

Jesus, take the post in context. It followed the question of why don't we sign a cheap league one striker.

Seeing as every single one of you avoid the point, do you honestly think we should get rid of Smith if no replacement comes in?

Why don't we?

Why aren't we then?

Because most of them still wouldn't be good enough? We could find someone better than Smith in League One, but there's no point signing them for the Premiership is there?

So sell Smith and bring nobody in. Bingo.

why don't we sign a cheap league one striker.

What would be the point in that?

do you honestly think we should get rid of Smith if no replacement comes in?

Who said no replacement was coming in?

Why don't we?

Why aren't we then?

Eh? If we weren't paying his ridiculous wages, we might be able to. If push came to shove, yes I'd sell him and bring nobody in. No point giving God knows how much a week to someone who doesn't resemble a professional footballer in any way, shape or form.

why don't we sign a cheap league one striker.

What would be the point in that?

do you honestly think we should get rid of Smith if no replacement comes in?

Who said no replacement was coming in?

Getting difficult this isn't it.

My original post was about keeping Smith if we don't get a replacement; this was followed by "having 10 men would be better than having Smith" and "nobody is better than Smith, he's worse than shit".

Kinda appears that people would be happy to sell Smith, even if nobody came in, which is absolute nonsense.

Why don't we?

Why aren't we then?

Eh? If we weren't paying his ridiculous wages, we might be able to. If push came to shove, yes I'd sell him and bring nobody in. No point giving God knows how much a week to someone who doesn't resemble a professional footballer in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, but that's bollocks, and highlights the point I made about people on here going overboard on their hatred for players.