Joey Barton-cut below

Guest BooBoo

I think there are more worrying aspects of the tactics/team selection to worry about before we start having a go at Barton - who in my opinion hasn't looked as good as I thought. But ...

Given - beaten form outside the box - AGAIN.

Left back

Centre half - piss poor mistake leads to easy goal.

Left wing - Milner, Duff, CNZ

Alan Smith

These all need sorting long before we get to Barton. And the major factor in our pathetic showing this season is Allardyce himself who is fucking pathetic.

FFS Emre has great technical ability, can pick out a pass and makes things tick when he does play. how the fook can you say he is not very good. He is exactly the type of player you need but you need other players with the technical ability out there also. He is always looking for the one twos, tries to open things up and has a good passing range, So please tell me how he is not very good ???

FFS Emre has great technical ability, can pick out a pass and makes things tick when he does play. how the fook can you say he is not very good. He is exactly the type of player you need but you need other players with the technical ability out there also. He is always looking for the one twos, tries to open things up and has a good passing range, So please tell me how he is not very good ???

I'm basing it on him doing fuck all in black and white. People keep saying stuff like this but the evidence is pretty thin on the ground. Plus, he always gets injured about two games into a run in the side.

I think he only looks good when he comes on as sub. When he starts the game generally passes him by.

I think there are more worrying aspects of the tactics/team selection to worry about before we start having a go at Barton - who in my opinion hasn't looked as good as I thought. But ...

Given - beaten form outside the box - AGAIN.

Left back

Centre half - piss poor mistake leads to easy goal.

Left wing - Milner, Duff, CNZ

Alan Smith

These all need sorting long before we get to Barton. And the major factor in our pathetic showing this season is Allardyce himself who is fucking pathetic.

I think you are wrong. But only about Barton. I think he is as much part of the porblem as anything else - its all part of the shitness of Allardyce. He's bought a mediocre palyer, paid far too much for him, and now he's playing him. No matter how bad he is. Exactly the same as Smith. If only stupid Fat Head treat these two like he treats his £6m defensive signings......

Allardyce IS patheric, yes. I hope the cunt gets sacked before he has the chance to buy another Cacapa, Geremi, Smith or Barton.

What's Emre done recently? Smith should never play in midfield though.

what he's doen is look like the only central midfidler with only an ounce of talent. We both know he'll disappear again, but he's still better than Barton. And Smith, obviously.

That's a nothing answer imo. Emre's done fuck all since he arrived.

what he's doen is look like the only central midfidler with only an ounce of talent. We both know he'll disappear again, but he's still better than Barton. And Smith, obviously.

He has shown himself, recently, to be the best creative midfielder we have on the middle. Its a fact. Its only happened because Smith and BArton are gash, but its still a fact.

Emre is the most creative midfielder at the club no question, but he puts in about 20% effort during 90 mins. Barton is what I thought he was before he arrived, a mediocre box to box player hyped way beyond his talent. But he'll cover twice the ground of Emre, who just walks about while the game passes him by.

A lot of blame Barton is bearing is due to the benching of Emre---which in my opinion the one who should be dropped is Butt.

Barton isn't that bad, and his distribution are far better than Butt. Personally I'm very impressed by his positioning too. Yes he is rusty, he makes some bad choices and isn't that effective as we expected, but he has just backed from a serious injury for a few games and isn't it too harsh to fire him down like that?

At least at this moment I'll go for a midfield of Smith-Emre-Barton rather than Butt. But I know Butt is nearly undroppable for Sam.

How long can one player be rusty for. His injury kept him out a few months. Duff returned yesterday and looked more lively than Barton has done in his last 8 games!

He has shown himself, recently, to be the best creative midfielder we have on the middle. Its a fact. Its only happened because Smith and BArton are gash, but its still a fact.

In what way has he done this? What has he created? Fact my arse.

Barton has been back for nearly two months now, how long is he going to be afforded the luxury of being 'rusty'? I think what you see is what you get. At least he doesn't hide, which is a big plus in his favour.

A lot of blame Barton is bearing is due to the benching of Emre---which in my opinion the one who should be dropped is Butt.

Barton isn't that bad, and his distribution are far better than Butt. Personally I'm very impressed by his positioning too. Yes he is rusty, he makes some bad choices and isn't that effective as we expected, but he has just backed from a serious injury for a few games and isn't it too harsh to fire him down like that?

At least at this moment I'll go for a midfield of Smith-Emre-Barton rather than Butt. But I know Butt is nearly undroppable for Sam.

Butt was far, far better than BArton yesterday. By FAR.

Barton has been back for nearly two months now, how long is he going to be afforded the luxury of being 'rusty'? I think what you see is what you get. At least he doesn't hide, which is a big plus in his favour.

I classify "rusty" as those who needs time adapt to the change of body due to injuries. Players which has their pace reduced particularly needs more time to adapt. Luckily Barton's game isn't build on pace or we may have another Luque.

I hate him tbh, probably another trouble maker like Bowyer, but it's just unfair to fire at him after an half-year injury. Last year Duff needs nearly 3-4 months to become productive before he's down again. I am impressed by him yesterday too, thanks god.

By being less shit than BArton or Smith. Who have both been worse than Emre.

Not saying Emre is GOOD, i'm saying they are WORSE.

And lets keep your arse out of this.

I'm asking for examples though. You're not providing any.

My example is in every game he has come on for - he's been better than Barton. There's no one piece of skill or clever pass, He's just been a better player than the pathetic Barton.

Butt was far, far better than BArton yesterday. By FAR.

Butt is the one who breaks down most of our play due to very, very poor distribution. I don't understand the logic. Butt is mainly responsible for the pressing defense system and he nearly contributes nothing except two counter attack by risky challenges for our attack, yet people doesn't think it's his fault and say sth like "it should be Barton and Smith's job to pass the ball forward". Jesus. If we have Bellamy we can afford such luxury defensive general  who just need to appear during defense. But not now.

It's really strange to blame the team for poor long ball tactics while ignoring the fact that it's nearly impossible to do short passing if we have Butt in the midfield.

My example is in every game he has come on for - he's been better than Barton. There's no one piece of skill or clever pass, He's just been a better player than the pathetic Barton.

Fair enough. He's probably worth a few games starting to be fair although I tend to agree with Crumpy's assessment. Merry Xmas btw ;)

Like Alex I have my doubts about Emre but yesterday when he came on he was mainly passing the ball around in the oppositions half, starting attacks that is what I am looking for. I am not interested midfielders darting back to the edge of our 18 yarder & doing nothing passes or posturing like they are quarterbacking a attack which Emre has done a lot of.

Like Alex I have my doubts about Emre but yesterday when he came on he was mainly passing the ball around in the oppositions half, starting attacks that is what I am looking for. I am not interested midfielders darting back to the edge of our 18 yarder & doing nothing passes or posturing like they are quarterbacking a attack which Emre has done a lot of.

Emre coming on was the point we went to a more natural 4-4-2 and it's very likely that the eleven on the pitch were more comfortable with that set up than they will ever be with the baffoons 4-3-3 shite he insists on forcing upon them.

I agree with the point about the formation.We looked ten times more threatening with duff on the left and martins through the middle.

I don't think barton has been or will ever be a great player but he is good, at the minute the tactics seem confussing to everyone including the players.We have the players to suit a 442 all day long so why not play to our strengths?