If not Sam, who then?

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider

For those who want rid,  or don't think he's the right man. And none of this "not my job to pick the manager shite" either.

I am willing to change my mind about him if someone can convince me his replacement will be much much better for us.

anyone who would be willing to play the right people in the right positions based on merit

and particularly someone who would not use the useless "long throw" into the box tactic, which hasn't worked once ever

if not i'll just stick with him

The only way I can see us getting rid of Allardyce is if Ashley wants to go "A-list" and spend a sh*tload. In which case, I think anybody without a job would be interested. Who would have thought 6 months ago Eriksson would be at City sitting in a Champions League spot after having spent the best part of £50m ?

If Ashley went to him in May and said, right, there's £50m to spend, I think he would. But it's dependent on transfer budget. Eriksson wouldn't have even looked at City before the takeover and the promise of practically a bottomless pit of money to spend. If Ashley wanted to go down that road, I think we could attract anyone. If not, then Allardyce is as good as anyone.

Guest Knightrider

Jol? Two top 5 finishes having spent a shit load of money, choked it in important matches, both league and cup competitions. Sacked at Spurs for losing 7 in first 10 games or something. So let me get this right, you'd go to the great lengths of sacking Big Sam who has us a few points off 6th for Jol to get us into the top 6? He would need time and money... lots of it.

I'll stick with Big Sam.

As for van Gaal... :lol:

He wouldn't last two minutes here with his weird formations, complex tactics and playing players out of positions, which he loves to do. Big Sam with glitter on.

Jorvan Vieira possibly the only manager in the world that would class the whole Newcastle bubble as tranquil compared to his previous job as manager to the Iraq national team.  Got the Iraq gig 2 months before the Asian cup & only then because the 3 people who were offered the job before him  turned it down because of death threats, Iraq won the Asian Cup 2007.

From Wiki:

Trivia

Jorvan Vieira is a Muslim. He converted to Islam while coaching Morocco.[9] [10]

He can speak 7 languages, including Arabic.[11]

He holds a doctorate in sports sciences from France.[12]

He is the son of a Portuguese father, a Brazilian mother and is married to Khadija Fahim, a Moroccan woman. [13] As the result of this he holds Brazilian, Portuguese and Moroccan nationalities.[14]

Jorvan thinks of himself mainly as being Portuguese, confesses that he always carries with him his Portuguese passport, and that his identification cards at football matches identify him as being Portuguese. In an interview to the Portuguese newspaper Diário de Notícias, he even states that in the future, he wants to live the rest of his life in Portugal, and that he plans to coach a Portuguese football club.[15]

From Asian Cup website:

Coach Profile

Jorvan Vieira

DoB: 1953

Nationality: Brazilian

Appointed: 24/05/2007

Jorvan Vieira began his professional football career after studying Sports Medicine for three years, playing for top Brazilian clubs Vasco Da Gama, Botafogo and Portuguesa before going on to coach all three clubs after hanging up his boots.

Vieira took his first overseas postition in 1980 when he became coach of Qatar Sports Club for a season before taking charge of the Oman Under-20 side a year later. He then moved on to Africa where he spent over eight years in Morocco.

During that time, he managed several Moroccan sides including Forces Armees Royales Rabat, whom he led to the 1987 and 1989 league championships and the 1986 Moroccan Cup, as well as Wydad Athletic Club, TAS Tihad Casablanca and Ittihad de Tanger.

Vieira was appointed assistant manager to the national side in the 1986 FIFA World Cup in Mexico and alongside compatriot Jose Faria, led Morocco into the second round of the tournament, becoming the first African side to do so in the process.

An impressive spell in Kuwait in 1999, where he led Al Qadisiya to the Kuwait league title, was followed by further success in charge of Egyptian side Ismaili in 2001 and Vieira was re-appointed as the coach of the Oman Under-20 side in the same year.

After spending a year in the job, Vieira went on to coach the Malaysian Under-20 side before returning to Oman, where he led Al Nasr to the Sultan Qaboos Cup, and was manager of Al Taei in Saudi Arabia last season before being named Iraq coach less than two months ahead of the AFC Asian Cup finals.

http://www.afcasiancup.com/en/tournament/teams.asp?cid=1373&sqid=950&tbl=Y

Jol? Two top 5 finishes having spent a shit load of money, choked it in important matches, both league and cup competitions. Sacked at Spurs for losing 7 in first 10 games or something. So let me get this right, you'd go to the great lengths of sacking Big Sam to get in Jol to get us into the top 6? He would need time and money... lots of it.

I'll stick with Big Sam.

He wouldn't last two minutes here with his weird formations, complex tactics and playing players out of positions, which he loves to do. Big Sam with glitter on

I agree, thats why i said i want Sam

Guest Knightrider

Jol? Two top 5 finishes having spent a shit load of money, choked it in important matches, both league and cup competitions. Sacked at Spurs for losing 7 in first 10 games or something. So let me get this right, you'd go to the great lengths of sacking Big Sam to get in Jol to get us into the top 6? He would need time and money... lots of it.

I'll stick with Big Sam.

He wouldn't last two minutes here with his weird formations, complex tactics and playing players out of positions, which he loves to do. Big Sam with glitter on

I agree, thats why i said i want Sam

Wasn't posting that in response to you mate, just the idea of Jol.

Jol? Two top 5 finishes having spent a s*** load of money, choked it in important matches, both league and cup competitions. Sacked at Spurs for losing 7 in first 10 games or something. So let me get this right, you'd go to the great lengths of sacking Big Sam who has us a few points off 6th for Jol to get us into the top 6? He would need time and money... lots of it.

I'll stick with Big Sam.

Where were Spurs before Jol went in there? And he got them from mid-table to the verge of 4th with a "net-spend" of just over £7m.

Guest Knightrider

If Ashley went to him in May and said, right, there's £50m to spend, I think he would. But it's dependent on transfer budget. Eriksson wouldn't have even looked at City before the takeover and the promise of practically a bottomless pit of money to spend. If Ashley wanted to go down that road, I think we could attract anyone. If not, then Allardyce is as good as anyone.

Doubt Lippi would want to manage in England, doesn't rate our game at all. Quite sneering of it in fact. Doubt he'd come here anyway :lol:

Guest Knightrider

Jol? Two top 5 finishes having spent a s*** load of money, choked it in important matches, both league and cup competitions. Sacked at Spurs for losing 7 in first 10 games or something. So let me get this right, you'd go to the great lengths of sacking Big Sam who has us a few points off 6th for Jol to get us into the top 6? He would need time and money... lots of it.

I'll stick with Big Sam.

Where were Spurs before Jol went in there? And he got them from mid-table to the verge of 5th with a "net-spend" of just over £7m.

Big Sam took Bolton to 6th from the bottom of the table on a net spend of practically nothing...

Jol - Dutch Harry Redknapp.

Guest Knightrider

I'll stick with Big Sam.

Where were Spurs before Jol went in there? And he got them from mid-table to the verge of 5th with a "net-spend" of just over £7m.

Big Sam took Bolton to 6th from the bottom of the table on a net spend of practically nothing...

Jol - Dutch Harry Redknapp.

Sorry, from the Championship...

That is because he signed mainly players past there best or players nobody wanted so didn't have to pay much in fee's but wages at Bolton were running at £42 million.

Guest Knightrider

That is because he signed mainly players past there best or players nobody wanted so didn't have to pay much in fee's but wages at Bolton were running at £42 million.

Do you have proof that their wages were running at £42m? I mean, they don't even make that a year do they?

Do you have proof that their wages were running at £42m? I mean, they don't even make that a year do they?

Have this for now http://forum.football.co.uk/about420.html  Gartside mouthing off in 2005 about paying big wages. I will be back as soon as find the article I was reading earlier.