Alex Ferguson thinks we are all nuts

KaKa

Honestly, I don't think any of this would be happening if Sam would simply give a reasonable explanation for the negative away tactics and sometimes baffling team selection. Why purchase Enrique if N'zogbia is going to be first choice despite not being a defender? The in game performances and general silence from the manager is what leads to such acrimony

This is quite honestly the most sensible post I have ever seen on any NUFC board. If Mr Allardyce could explain his reasoning behind such negative away tactics and team selections - and it made any sense - then yes - we would give him time. At the moment we make it easy for every single team we play - they know exactly how we are going to play. The way it looks at the moment ain't nice - we are without doubt the worst footballing side in the Premiership. And it really does hurt me to say that. We go out not to lose and the problem is we do lose - and against very very poor teams.

Yep i agree with all of this, an explanation of his methods i'm sure would help people to understand why he's doing the things he is.

Just been talking about us on Soccer Saturday and they barely even touched on the team selections, tactics and will to win games. Instead it's all the fans fault, and it's Sam this, Sam that. Old mates indeed.

Guest Knightrider

The thing with Newcastle fans is that they think they should be winning games 5-0 all the time.

:rolleyes:

It's not hard to see things in that way looking in from the outside when a half-time 0-0 scoreline gets greeted with boos is it or a 1-0 win over a lesser club (Fulham) gets greeted with such pessimism?

We are critical of outsiders' often wrong impressions of us but we need to look at why they say what they do and think how they do, they can't all be ignorant, jumping on the bandwagon or using stereotypes. I respect Fergie a great deal who considering he's an opposing manager, is quite knowledgeable about our club and although he's clearly wrong in that we do not expect us to win 5-0 every game, I do think his comments ring true in certain contexts.

He is dead right too, that the job is becoming an almost impossible job to do.

It's not hard to see things in that way looking in from the outside when a half-time 0-0 scoreline gets greeted with boos is it or a 1-0 win over a lesser club (Fulham) gets greeted with such pessimism?

It's not really our fault if outsiders can't be bothered to think past the ends of their own noses, and just jump to easy conclusions instead. The Fulham result wasn't the problem, it was the performance. I was at that game and I can honestly say it was one of the worst football matches I've ever seen. There was plenty of reason for pessimism.

He says it is becoming a job no one will ever want, especially if we sack Sam. He thinks if anyone can turn us around it will be Allardyce. Allardyce also has a bit to say too and it does seem sensible, but my goodness it is hard to take what we have been served up recently.

Interesting stuff ...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3105861.ece

They are mates aren't they.

I'm sure he's got our best interests at heart...Like fuck he has.

He just looks at it as an easy six points as long as fatty is at the helm, taking him one step closer to the title

Now come on, guys. In your hearts of hearts do you really, really believe that? Ferguson thinks Allardyce is a crap manager and he wants to keep him here in order to keep the threat of Newcastle at bay?

If so, Fergie should have added 'paranoia' on to 'impatience'.

No but it's an easy six points for him

The thing with Newcastle fans is that they think they should be winning games 5-0 all the time.

:rolleyes:

We are critical of outsiders' often wrong impressions of us but we need to look at why they say what they do and think how they do, they can't all be ignorant, jumping on the bandwagon or using stereotypes. I respect Fergie a great deal who considering he's an opposing manager, is quite knowledgeable about our club and although he's clearly wrong in that we do not expect us to win 5-0 every game, I do think his comments ring true in certain contexts.

He is dead right too, that the job is becoming an almost impossible job to do.

Not at all.

Two things need to be in place.

A respected manager.

...and the perception that the board are a 100% behind him.

We haven't had both criteria in place for a while.

Guest Rimbeux

As an outsider who's seen a fair few of your games over 90 minutes, I understand the questions about selection, changes and tactics, I get the frustrations with some lifeless performances. However this is pretty much par for the course with new managers, 99% of the time they dont walk into situations where everything is going well and on the up, and I can't see where the cries to change the manager are coming from. Is the team in danger of going down? Is there an obvious better candidate available right now? Are these the last days of a regime that's been failing for years?

I look at the table and see a side who are in amongst peers, in the same ball park as Blackburn, Villa, Pompey, Everton, clubs whose managers get no end of praise. Looking at the points on the board this season, there is a big divide between top and bottom and you're in the right half. 60 points would have been good enough for CL two or three seasons back, may not get a UEFA place now. Newcastle are in touch.

I look around and see more than a few managers who have had less than grand starts and hiccups along the way who the fans have stuck by a. Moyes in a relegation fight in his second season, CL football the next. Benitez similarly placed to Allardyce six moths in, out of the FA cup to Burnley, poor football and papers going for him, fans and club stay right behind him and he lifts the CL five months later. O'Neil, Ferguson, Hughes all took time to get things right. Thing is, I get the impression a lot of Newcastle fans didn't want this manager in the first place and have been waiting for him round the corner.