Are people ready for the erm...5 year plan?

Parky

I agree, and do those who are happy to wait 5 years(for what, incidentally ? Top 4, Europe, WHAT ?), do you really think clubs like Villa, City & Everton are going to sit around waiting for NUFC to fulfill their 5 year plan and take their places in the Top 5(or whatever it is by then)? Absolutely NOT...

Fair point, but we actually do have a five year plan to be playing in the CL (I think they're de rigeur for all new owners these days - I know West Ham have one, for instance). Admittedly, we're further into it, but that's probably the measure of how large the gulf is between the top four and the rest.

Obviously, as you said, it depends what the five year plan is to achieve.

What is going to be interesting is that there are the current top four, then there are quite a large group of second tier (and a few third tier - West Ham, Blackburn for example) clubs who all have money and all want the same thing, the problem being, they can't all have the same thing.

I don't think how much money you spend is necessarily going to be the crucial factor in the same way it was in the past, but that's probably another argument.

Sven has taken the bit of paper with 5 year plan written on it screwed it up and thrown it in the bin. They will compete for CL next year.

Not necessarily. We had a poor season and finished midtable after coming 4th the season before. Spurs  have just finished 5th two seasons in a row and have spent the first half of this season near the relegation zone.

I agree, and do those who are happy to wait 5 years(for what, incidentally ? Top 4, Europe, WHAT ?), do you really think clubs like Villa, City & Everton are going to sit around waiting for NUFC to fulfill their 5 year plan and take their places in the Top 5(or whatever it is by then)? Absolutely NOT...

Fair point, but we actually do have a five year plan to be playing in the CL (I think they're de rigeur for all new owners these days - I know West Ham have one, for instance). Admittedly, we're further into it, but that's probably the measure of how large the gulf is between the top four and the rest.

Obviously, as you said, it depends what the five year plan is to achieve.

What is going to be interesting is that there are the current top four, then there are quite a large group of second tier (and a few third tier - West Ham, Blackburn for example) clubs who all have money and all want the same thing, the problem being, they can't all have the same thing.

I don't think how much money you spend is necessarily going to be the crucial factor in the same way it was in the past, but that's probably another argument.

Sven has taken the bit of paper with 5 year plan written on it screwed it up and thrown it in the bin. They will compete for CL next year.

Not necessarily. We had a poor season and finished midtable after coming 4th the season before. Spurs  have just finished 5th two seasons in a row and have spent the first half of this season near the relegation zone.

With all due respect Sven is in another league to the respective managers you mention.

Guest trainer

All this 5 year plan is utter b*llocks. Sven took over at city who lets be honest were awful last season and previous seasons. Now why can Sven transform City into a decent side who play enjoyable football, and Sam tripes on about a 5 year plan, Personaly ive had enough of all this s*it we're being fed. Sams signings (not all of them beye and faye) were simply not up to the standard required.

All this 5 year plan is utter b*llocks. Sven took over at city who lets be honest were awful last season and previous seasons. Now why can Sven transform City into a decent side who play enjoyable football, and Sam tripes on about a 5 year plan, Personaly ive had enough of all this s*it we're being fed. Sams signings (not all of them beye and faye) were simply not up to the standard required.

Didn't City spend about 4 times as much as us? Plus they have a settled centre back partnership which has done them the world of good imo and has been one of our downfalls (too much chopping and changing).

Elano/Petrov.

Elano/Petrov.

A lot of mid table sides are often 2-3 signings away from a huge leap forward. See Newcastle United, summer 2001.

Guest trainer

Elano/Petrov.

A lot of mid table sides are often 2-3 signings away from a huge leap forward. See Newcastle United, summer 2001.

Well Sam needs to make these signings and fast. Im not on the 'sack Sam' band wagon, however i still think he lacks what a lot of the top managers have (with regards to tactical ability), and this playing players out of positions and sam picking his favs is really begining to grate on me