Mort: it's getting tedious

Guest sicko2ndbest

Southgate's a bit like Roeder - former centre-half turned shite manager portrayed as being a nice guy when in fact he's a bit of a snide cunt.

This isnt good enough for Southgate

He wants Shearer to make a publlic announcement NOW !

Southgate should be concerning himself with keeping Middlesbrough in the Premiership to be honest.

Why is he so bothered to come out and say Shearer needs to make an announcement  :idiot2: Tryign to take the pressure off Middlesbrough by putting it on Newcastle?  :lol:

Spot on.

Just because they won at Portsmouth he obviously thinks he can start relaxing and start pointing the finger at other clubs

Guest neesy111

souness got blackburn to 6th the same success which got allardyce to bolton 6th

souness has actually won trophies as well

and we can see souness was bad manager and so is allardyce

getting a team to 6th is not considered success, look at ipswich ffs 5th and then relegation

Southgate is a cock. That's my measaured opinion.

*slurps rioja*

You're on it early :lol:

The remainder of a bottle from last night. Didn't want it to be sitting there all day, did I?

getting a team to 6th is not considered success, look at ipswich ffs 5th and then relegation

What's what happened at Ipswich got to do with Allardyce?

Southgate is a cock. That's my measaured opinion.

*slurps rioja*

You're on it early :lol:

The remainder of a bottle from last night. Didn't want it to be sitting there all day, did I?

Wise. Better to drink it slowly now then to find it later on, get excited, and have to drink it as fast as you can.

Guest Knightrider

We are fickle in the sense that we go from one extreme to another, from doom and gloom to wild optimism. And you can't underestimate the impact this has on things. It makes heroes of Scott Parker one season and a scapegoat the next. It welcomes in your Big Sam's with thumbs up then 20 games later, the thumbs are down. It gives men like Freddy Shepherd a chance to redeem himself with a few token big name signings. It suffocates our club in a mist of constant mood swings. We are never happy even when we're happy.

There is no atmosphere quite like it in the Premiership as far as I can tell. We're not fickle in that we turn up one week and are nowhere to be seen the week after nor can our patience be questioned because I doubt there is any set of fans with our patience or indeed our high tolerance of pain, failure and bullshit.

If Liverpool had the last 4 years we've had, there would be empty seats right left and centre at Anfield. If they'd had the last 40 years we've had, they'd be a mid-table club.

It's our attitudes and our mentality that make us fickle, not our actions or anything else.

Sadly modern football just makes it worse and easier for this kind of mentality to establish itself as a culture all of it's own.

Of course all fans are fickle, life is fickle and humans are fickle with or without football. But our fickleness is different, just like our club is and we as fans are, it's a unique fickleness within the game in this country I feel.

Where does it come from?

I think it's always existed and it's mainly down to being a one one club City and just as significantly, having never won anything for years.

If those two things can be monkeys on our back, then our fickleness most certainly is too.

It has to change though because we'll suffocate the club.

I don't completely agree with you there HTT, it's happening at all prem clubs. Most fans will boo if they're behind to a non-top 4 team at half time now, I witnessed it first hand at Blackburn-Pompey this season.

Guest Knightrider

I don't completely agree with you there HTT, it's happening at all prem clubs. Most fans will boo if they're behind to a non-top 4 team at half time now, I witnessed it first hand at Blackburn-Pompey this season.

Maybe it is but it's infected us well before any of the others. But hey, look on the brightside, at least we can lay claim to being the first which is a position we haven't been in for years :D

How much did Souness spend to get them there?

But the media only pick on us for that kind of thing.

Chelsea fans are unbelievable. I was reading one of their forums the other day, and the level of fickleness was quite incredible.

Guest Knightrider

I was shocked to hear boos at Stamford Bridge from the Chelsea fans mind. That's worse than anything we've done considering where they are in the table, what they've won the past few years and what they are likely to win in the future. They had a reserve side out and it's better than our first-team for christ sake. Always thought they had no class though.

Guest Knightrider

Chelsea fans are unbelievable. I was reading one of their forums the other day, and the level of fickleness was quite incredible.

I personally wouldn't read too much into what gets posted on forums, they are like red tops, forums.

Do you think so? I don't.

It is just that, at the moment, you're the best example of managerial turmoil. That's the kind of shit they love, they use it to fill the time between GrandSlamSuperFuckoffSundays and in periods where there's nothing to say about the big four.

I was shocked to hear boos at Stamford Bridge from the Chelsea fans mind. That's worse than anything we've done considering where they are in the table, what they've won the past few years and what they are likely to win in the future. They had a reserve side out and it's better than our first-team for christ sake. Always thought they had no class though.

Chelsea as a club are vile. On so many levels.

The other current running story I'm aware of is the Benitez one.

Guest Knightrider

It is just that, at the moment, you're the best example of managerial turmoil. That's the kind of shit they love, they use it to fill the time between GrandSlamSuperFuckoffSundays and in periods where there's nothing to say about the big four.

Have to say, we do get a lot of crap directed our way off the media, far more than most clubs. We doin't help ourselves at times mind but they just love to twist it into us. Mind, a darling of theirs, Spurs, had it pretty bad under Jol so I can see where you're coming from. However we get it whenever we lose 3 games in a row.

Guest Knightrider

They are indeed. I hate them with a passion.

Have to say, we do get a lot of crap directed our way off the media, far more than most clubs. We doin't help ourselves at times mind but they just love to twist it into us. Mind, a darling of theirs, Spurs, had it pretty bad under Jol so I can see where you're coming from. However we get it whenever we lose 3 games in a row.

...and the world isn't really interested in Pompey or Villa basically.  :razz:

You'll be interested when you're handing over those 50 sheets at the end of the season, Parky-san.

;)

You'll be interested when you're handing over those 50 sheets at the end of the season, Parky-san.

;)

:laugh:

If you asked most other fans they'd probably say Newcastle are a team Sky have slavered (is that a proper word?) over since 1992.

Funny how perceptions are different on the outside.

If you asked most other fans they'd probably say Newcastle are a team Sky have slavered (is that a proper word?) over since 1992.

Funny how perceptions are different on the outside

We are a good story, made even better when the team isn't prefomring well.