Managers worth the risk and worth trying to get...

NUFC06

I think now its obvious that Allardyce is not the man that will take us to the level that we were under SBR.

We still play crap football and the team is a mess.

There isnt any slight signs of improvement or development

I was against the appointment of Allardyce at the begining and i wanted SGE all the way.

Of course i hoped i was wrong like alot of people here i presume but at the end of the day Allardyce is huge dissapointment so far and its a fact.

So looking at Man City this season i think we need to find someone who has good CV behind him and has won something in his managerial career=SGE

So i'll put the names of some managers who is worth looking now or in the summer:

1.Marcelo Lippi-

Titles

With Juventus F.C.:

5 Italian League Championships

1994/95, 1996/97, 1997/98, 2001/02, 2002/03

1 Coppa Italia

1994/95

Runners up: 2001/02, 2003/04

4 Italian Supercups

1995/96, 1997/98, 2002/03, 2003/04

Runners up: 1998/99

1 European Cup

1995/96

Runners up: 1996/97, 1997/98, 2002/03

UEFA Cup

Runners up: 1994/95

1 European Supercup

1995/1996

1 Intercontinental Cup

With Internazionale F.C.:

Coppa Italia

Runners up: 1999/00

With the Italian national team:

1 FIFA World Cup

2.Héctor Cúper

1997-1999 RCD Mallorca

final of the Copa del Rey

final of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup

winning the Supercopa de España

3rd place 1998/99 season

1999-2001 Valencia

final of the Champions League 2000

final of the Champions League 2001

2001-2003 Inter

third and second place of the championship

semifinals of UEFA Champions League 2002-03

3.Ottmar Hitzfeld

1984-88 FC Aarau 1985 - Swiss Cup

1988-91 Grasshopper Club Zürich

1989 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Swiss Cup

1990 - Championship

1991 - Championship

1991-97 Borussia Dortmund

1995 - Championship

1996 - Championship

1997 - UEFA Champions League

1998-04 FC Bayern Munich

1999 - Championship

2000 - German Cup

2000 - Championship

2001 - Championship

2001 - UEFA Champions League

2001 - Intercontinental Cup

2003 - German Cup

2003 - Championship

1997 - "World Coach of the Year"

2001 - "World Coach of the Year"

4.Vicente del Bosque

Titles

UEFA Champions League 2000 and 2002

La Liga in 2001 and 2003

Spanish Supercup in 2001

European Supercup in 2002

Intercontinental Cup in 2002

5.José Mourinho

With F.C. Porto:

Portuguese Championships (2): 2002/03; 2003/04

SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira: 2003

Cup of Portugal: 2002/03

UEFA Cup: 2002/03

UEFA Champions League: 2003/04

With Chelsea FC:

FA Premier League (2): 2004/05; 2005/06

Football League Cup (2): 2004/05, 2006/07

FA Cup: 2007

FA Community Shield: 2005

6.Luiz Felipe Scolari

Criciúma-Brazilian Cup

Grêmio- 1993-1996

Brazilian Cup

Libertadores Cup

Recopa Sudamericana

Brazilian Championship

Palmeiras-1997-2000

Brazilian Cup

Mercosur Cup 

Copa Lbertadores

Brazil 2001-2002

2002 FIFA World Cup

Portugal-2003-Present

Euro 2004-final

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sven-Göran Eriksson

Titles

IFK Göteborg

Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982

Allsvenskan Champions 1981, 1982

UEFA Cup Winners 1982

S.L. Benfica

Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991

Cup of Portugal Winners 1983

SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989

European Cup Runners Up 1990

UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983

A.S. Roma

Coppa Italia Winners 1986

U.C. Sampdoria

Coppa Italia Winners 1994

S.S. Lazio

Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000

Italian Super Cup Winners 1998

UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999

UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999

Serie A Champions 2000

Sam Allardyce

Bolton

1999–2000 Division One playoffs

FA Cup semi-final

2000–01  playoff final

2003–04-eighth place

Carling Cup final

2004–05-sixth

2005–06-eight

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that the difference between our manager and this 7 guys before him is from earth to the moon.

Allardyce is not in their league and the proof is SGE performance with Man City this season.

SGE is top manager and he is proving this with City.

So the bottom line is that we need top manager who has won titles and silverware before in his career.

Allardyce is not that kind of manager

I know that its going to be almost impossible to attract the likes of Mourihno and Lippi here but now we have a billionare owner so at least its worth the shot...

Guest michaelfoster

1.Marcelo Lippi-

2.Héctor Cúper

3.Ottmar Hitzfeld

4.Vicente del Bosque

5.José Mourinho

6.Luiz Felipe Scolari

Sven-Göran Eriksson

Keep dreaming

1.Marcelo Lippi-

2.Héctor Cúper

3.Ottmar Hitzfeld

4.Vicente del Bosque

5.José Mourinho

6.Luiz Felipe Scolari

Sven-Göran Eriksson

Keep dreaming

Tell that to the City fans genius because they got their man and we are stuck with this big head and we are suffering defeats from the liks of Derby Wigan and Reading when City are aiming for the top 4...

Stupid

In your defence NUFC06 it is always worth going for the best manager we can get, but just not likely with the names on that list.

Like i said before SGE was a manager from that list and he was realistic target and we missed him.

So why not try in the summer for someone from that list again.

I didnt say we will succeed but its worth giving 100% to bring someone from that list as a NUFC manager.

I was for the appointment of Big Sam for all the obvious reasons stated before. Bolton, small club, tight budget but still managed to bring them up to the top half.

But as someone said in another thread, he is one defeat (Stoke) away from being sacked.

I want a manager with ideas rather than a manager with a tactic already in use. So to speak.

Klinsmann. Laudrup. Or what about Fransisco Flores from Espanyol? He have them in third place of the Primera Division atm. Ahead of teams like, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Valencia.

Someone who is not afraid of attacking style football and not just satisfied with containing the opposition.

(Sorry if my english isnt up to standard. Its been a while since school here in sweden)

I was for the appointment of Big Sam for all the obvious reasons stated before. Bolton, small club, tight budget but still managed to bring them up to the top half.

But as someone said in another thread, he is one defeat (Stoke) away from being sacked.

I want a manager with ideas rather than a manager with a tactic already in use. So to speak.

Klinsmann. Laudrup. Or what about Fransisco Flores from Espanyol? He have them in third place of the Primera Division atm. Ahead of teams like, Sevilla, Atletico Madrid and Valencia.

Someone who is not afraid of attacking style football and not just satisfied with containing the opposition.

(Sorry if my english isnt up to standard. Its been a while since school here in sweden)

:)

Klinsmann. Laudrup and Fransisco Flores are good managers but they are similar with Allardyce.

They havent won something big and they are in the managerial business not that long.

We need someone with 10-15 years of experience and with proven CV.

With the likes of this 3 guys we are risking to do the same mistake as we make with Allardyce

Klinsmann. Laudrup and Fransisco Flores are good managers but they are similar with Allardyce.

They havent won something big and they are in the managerial business not that long.

With the likes of this 3 guys we are risking to do the same mistake as we make with Allardyce

I disagree with you. Both Klinsmann and Laudrup has tons of experience, playing top football not too long ago. Laudup did wonders in his own country (Bröndby, Denmark). Klinsmann, well, Germany went pretty long in the last World Cup, didnt they?

I cant say i know all that about them, but what i do know is that they are both relatively young, they are still learning but most importantly, they know how to play good football.

I disagree with you. Both Klinsmann and Laudrup has tons of experience, playing top football not too long ago. Laudup did wonders in his own country (Bröndby, Denmark). Klinsmann, well, Germany went pretty long in the last World Cup, didnt they?

I cant say i know all that about them, but what i do know is that they are both relatively young, they are still learning but most importantly, they know how to play good football.

Klinsmann has the right persona for us as well. Supremely confident and tactically smarter than a sewer rat.

Didn't Joachim Löw play a massive part in helping Jurgen though?

Read something recently about how Low did all the work and Klinsmann just put the media friendly face on it all.

Think that's an exagerration. Klinsi is credited and deservedly so for turning the German side into a watchable and attacking unit again. Low is a good coach mind....IMO Klinis will end up at a top club sooner or later. Massive appetite for the game now he's had a little break.

Wouldn't say massive, but yes he had a strong role, more on the training pitch.

Klinsmann would probably want to bring him with him then, wouldnt he? Or am i mistaken if i say that löw is now managing germany?

Klinsi has a myriad of contacts in the game if he wanted a No.2 it wouldn't have to be Low by any means.

Van Basten is coming along nicely as well.

Klinsmann would probably want to bring him with him then, wouldnt he? Or am i mistaken if i say that löw is now managing germany?

Klinsi has a myriad of contacts in the game if he wanted a No.2 it wouldn't have to be Low by any means.

He probably has. But i'd imagine he would want someone he has worked with in the past, and actually had success with.

For some reason i dont like van Basten. Dont think he would be successful here anyway.

Louis van Gaal?

He probably has. But i'd imagine he would want someone he has worked with in the past, and actually had success with.

For some reason i dont like van Basten. Dont think he would be successful here anyway.

Louis van Gaal?

Had tricky periods. Not getting any younger. Clearly better than SA mind.  :-[