Is it because Allardyce...

Optimistic Nut

...is English and was a contender for the England job that the media seem so up his arse?

Every article I read or every pundit that is talking about the issue always go on about how much he needs to be given time and trot out the 'he might not win anything but Newcastle havent won anything for 40 years' line.

These are the same media/pundits who turned the likes of Jacques Santini/Christian Gross/Alain Perrin/Paul Le Guen into laughing stocks and I dont remember any of those bosses getting any sympathy or being called to be given more time.

Sam Allardyce always likes to tell us how if Sam Allardyce's name was Samuel Allardicio he would be managing one of the big four but it works both ways and I have to wonder that if his name was Samuel Allardicio if the press/pundits would be sticking up for him so much and basically calling the Newcastle fans idiots for wanting rid of him.

...is English and was a contender for the England job that the media seem so up his arse?

Every article I read or every pundit that is talking about the issue always go on about how much he needs to be given time and trot out the 'he might not win anything but Newcastle havent won anything for 40 years' line.

These are the same media/pundits who turned the likes of Jacques Santini/Christian Gross/Alain Perrin/Paul Le Guen into laughing stocks and I dont remember any of those bosses getting any sympathy or being called to be given more time.

Sam Allardyce always likes to tell us how if Sam Allardyce's name was Samuel Allardicio he would be managing one of the big four but it works both ways and I have to wonder that if his name was Samuel Allardicio if the press/pundits would be sticking up for him so much and basically calling the Newcastle fans idiots for wanting rid of him.

Santini left because his wife was unwell.

Perrin had a win ratio under 20%.

Le Guen had Rangers' worst start in 30 years.

Allardyce still has us higher than last year and in the cup.

I think that's why the papers advocate patience.  Because he deserves it more.

hahahahaahahahaha!!! get to fuck.

Higher in the league than last year?? Fucking brilliant, that. Well done Sam. £25m, 9 players in, and we're HOW MANY places better off?

Allardyce is a fucking idiot, and the sooner he gets the bullet, the better.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

hahahahaahahahaha!!! get to f***.

Higher in the league than last year?? f****** brilliant, that. Well done Sam. £25m, 9 players in, and we're HOW MANY places better off?

Allardyce is a f****** idiot, and the sooner he gets the bullet, the better.

Hahahahahahahahaha 9 players in for £9 million net. Much better with another Viana, Carl Cort, Luque or Boumsong.

Guest johnson293

Of the players who went then Spin, who'd command a regular place in the side now?

Probably only Dyer and/or Solano - but both wanted to leave, so not a lot he could do. He could have kept them, but why keep players that admitted they didnt want to be here?

I dont remember too many being too sad to finally be rid of Dyer though!

Guest johnson293

Well then, considering we brought in £12-15m on players not good enough for the team, add that amount to the "£9m net", you'd expect a much better side.

Hindsight is a great thing though - I dont remember too many complaints on here when the signings were made...apart from the Smith and Barton ones, maybe?

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

That's the thing though Johnson, the two players who commanded a decent fee (Parker & Dyer), were replaced for around about the same amount of cash (Barton & Smith) and they're arguably even worse than who they came in to replace.

So you would swap Smith and Barton for Dire and Parker? I think Dire was on £80.000 a week.

Guest johnson293

No I wouldn't, but you'd expect a "top-manager" to replace two players with £15m better than what he did.

I've said this in other threads - Allardyce's summer spending/dealing was hampered by the takeover.

In the end, some of those he bought were admittedly, not his first choices, but other targets/potential targets had already moved on.

Had he been able to move quicker earlier in the window, we may have been able to bring in 'better' players.

Again - hindsight and all that!

Guest johnson293

Man City hadn't spent a single penny until July, didn't stop them did it? And before you say we didn't have the same money as them, they bought Petrov & Elano for the same as what we bought Barton & Smith, so they were available if he wanted.

Hindsight again - its easy to look at them now and say 'why didn't we?'

But perhaps Allardyce felt two players that knew the league, and were (to a degree) proven in this league would be better options than two 'unknowns'?

City also had Sven as manager - regardless of the problems with England, arguably still seen as a world renowned manager.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

No I wouldn't, but you'd expect a "top-manager" to replace two players with £15m better than what he did.

Are they top managers?

Yossi Benayoun West Ham £ 5000000 12-07-2007

Ryan Babel Ajax £ 11500000

Jermaine Pennant Birmingham £ 6700000 26-07-2006

Dirk Kuyt Feyenoord £ 9000000

Total £32200000

Martin Jol:  Didier Zokora St Etienne £ 8200000 15-07-2006

Ahmed Mido Roma £ 4500000 29-08-2006

Pascal Chimbonda Wigan £ 4500000 31-08-2006

Ben Alnwick Sunderland £ 900000 02-01-2007

Ricardo Rocha Benfica £ 3300000 23-01-2007

Gareth Bale Southampton £ 5000000 25-05-2007

Adel Taarabt Lens Signed 08-06-2007

Darren Bent Charlton £ 16500000 29-06-2007

Younes Kaboul Auxerre Signed 05-07-2007

Total: £ 42900000

Martin O:  Stilian Petrov Celtic £ 6500000 30-08-2006

Didier Agathe Celtic Signed 12-09-2006

Chris Sutton Birmingham Free 03-10-2006

John Carew Lyon Signed 22-01-2007

Ashley Young Watford £ 9650000 23-01-2007

Shaun Maloney Celtic £ 1000000 31-01-2007

Nigel Reo-Coker West Ham £ 7500000 05-07-2007

Marlon Harewood West Ham £ 4000000 17-07-2007

Zat Knight Fulham £ 3500000 29-08-2007

Total: £ 31650000

Redknapp:  Dave Nugent Preston £ 6000000 11-07-2007

John Utaka Rennes £ 7000000 11-07-2007

Glen Johnson Chelsea £ 4000000 31-08-2007

Total: £ 17000000

hahahahaahahahaha!!! get to fuck.

Higher in the league than last year?? Fucking brilliant, that. Well done Sam. £25m, 9 players in, and we're HOW MANY places better off?

Allardyce is a fucking idiot, and the sooner he gets the bullet, the better.

Sorry, I forgot, climbing the league means nothing, we just want instant Brazillian football from a 90% unintegrated team.

:rolleyes: