Mark Hughes

James

I don't know why people are so against Mark Hughes in all honesty.

He's done a cracking job managing Wales & Blackburn, has a decent record in the transfer market and his teams play good football.....but he can also get them to battle, so is not a one trick pony like Allardyce. He also is a very intelligent guy who has been at two of the world's biggest club, so he he will understand the pressures associated with this job.

We're a shambles at the minute so are highly unlikely to be able to attract  a top manager, and what are the other genuine alternatives? Do we really want to take a gamble on an unproven manager, or somebody who has never worked in this country when we are sitting 6 points above the relegation zone.

His appoinment makes sense to me.

Again, Man City attracted Sven in arguably the same position as we find ourselves in.

He'd have come here too imo. Not now though.

Again, Man City attracted Sven in arguably the same position as we find ourselves in.

They did well and got a guy with a great CV. Sad thing is, he would have come here too.......although our mong element would have been up in arms.

Who do you suggest we go for?

I don't know why people are so against Mark Hughes in all honesty.

He's done a cracking job managing Wales & Blackburn, has a decent record in the transfer market and his teams play good football.....but he can also get them to battle, so is not a one trick pony like Allardyce. He also is a very intelligent guy who has been at two of the world's biggest club, so he he will understand the pressures associated with this job.

We're a shambles at the minute so are highly unlikely to be able to attract  a top manager, and what are the other genuine alternatives? Do we really want to take a gamble on an unproven manager, or somebody who has never worked in this country when we are sitting 6 points above the relegation zone.

His appoinment makes sense to me.

I agree with you about our current position not being ideal for someone who has never worked in the premiership and who might not even be familiar with our squad of players.

Unlike Sven going to City, we are not in the middle of the summer, but instead the middle of January with half the transfer window gone.

Someone like Hughes would certainly get to grips with things a lot quicker.

Let's trade emre + 8million for Bentley. Get gilberto and throw Geremi down the drain.

So it will be Milner, Nzogbia, Bentley

Gilberto

I should be the manager, hire me! I will take the job! No problem with the poison chalice whatever.

Oh btw, my previous fav player was Shearer.. i still do like him no doubt.

But David Bentley tops my list now, the way he crosses the ball reminds me of David Beckham. Honestly, are they related?

DB = DB

Milner and £7m for Bentley would be a great piece of business. Not that Blackburn would go for it for one second imo.

Milner, Duff & Geremi for Bentley.

Worth a shot.

Milner and Duff alone would probably be sufficient.

Milner and £7m for Bentley would be a great piece of business. Not that Blackburn would go for it for one second imo.

Worth a shot.

Geremi is the trojan horse though.

Guest elbee909

My preference is Hitzfeld, but it'd take a fair bit of selling to him and I feel he may be going into semi-retirement (no disrespect to fans of the Swiss national team there!).  Shame if so as I'm sure he said once that he'd like a shot at the Premiership one day, might be wrong but feel he'd enrich the league in a way that Wenger did and would immediately lend the club a massive shot of credibility that Shearer simply wouldn't.

I think it'd be good to get someone with extensive knowledge of player markets in other countries, who commands respect continentally.  We'd get better value for money on player purchases with someone like Hitzfeld and immediately have more respect across Europe.  It's hard to put a value on that but it'd be worth investing in.

My preference is Hitzfeld, but it'd take a fair bit of selling to him and I feel he may be going into semi-retirement (no disrespect to fans of the Swiss national team there!).  Shame if so as I'm sure he said once that he'd like a shot at the Premiership one day, might be wrong but feel he'd enrich the league in a way that Wenger did and would immediately lend the club a massive shot of credibility that Shearer simply wouldn't.

I think it'd be good to get someone with extensive knowledge of player markets in other countries, who commands respect continentally.  We'd get better value for money on player purchases with someone like Hitzfeld and immediately have more respect across Europe.  It's hard to put a value on that but it'd be worth investing in.

True in a way.

But i still find it hard to attract players to our club in our current state even with a top manager.

Guest elbee909

True in a way.

But i still find it hard to attract players to our club in our current state even with a top manager.

To use the City example again, I'd never have believed Elano and Corluka would have gone there.  The manager is the key really.

Where's that dossier?

Worth a shot.

Geremi is the trojan horse though.

Similar mobility

The thing with Sven is that he wasn't as highly rated by many back in the Summer as he is now, plenty thought he was a bit of a joke and there was a fair amount on here who preferred Allardyce to him, he was available at the time too and had been out of work for nearly a year at the time, the only manager I can see us attracting better than Sven would be Houllier.

As for Hughes, he's a better manager than people are giving him credit for, people talk about his standing as being similar to that of fat Sam but as thedudeabides has said he can get his team battling or playing the opposition off the park, he's a bright young manager who you fancy to do better with a decent budget behind him, what impresses me most about him is that you always have faith in his teams getting back into games even when they're behind, that's how he played the game and we could do with that sort of mentality in our squad.

The thing with Sven is that he wasn't as highly rated by many back in the Summer as he is now, plenty thought he was a bit of a joke and there was a fair amount on here who preferred Allardyce to him, he was available at the time too and had been out of work for nearly a year at the time, the only manager I can see us attracting better than Sven would be Houllier.

As for Hughes, he's a better manager than people are giving him credit for, people talk about his standing as being similar to that of fat Sam but as thedudeabides has said he can get his team battling or playing the opposition off the park, he's a bright young manager who you fancy to do better with a decent budget behind him, what impresses me most about him is that you always have faith in his teams getting back into games even when they're behind, that's how he played the game and we could do with that sort of mentality in our squad.

:thup:

Shearer > Hughes imo.

The potential of Shearer at Newcastle is more than someone like Hughes who'll be off in a few years when the slimey tit at Old Trafford retires.

Shearer/Keegan would be best imo.

Based on what?

Hughes who'll be off in a few years when the slimey tit at Old Trafford retires.

That would be my biggest concern with Hughes, I feel he would just use us to prove that he can handle a so called 'BIG' job and jump ship as they come calling.

Bramble as mascot?

No he'd probably f*** that up as well!

He has scored as many league goals as Michael Owen this season and the team he's been playing in have conceded less goals than us and have twice as many clean sheets.

Not such a laughing stock eh?