Next time we fire a manager

Rob W

Agree in a way, if they wanted rid they could have done so in December for a start, nothing has changed since then has it?

Lends more weight to the 'someone too good to turn down' theory.

Guest johnson293

Can we do it so the new one has enough time to buy some players? 

the new man will have less than 2 weeks - and everyone will know he's desperate so prices will be crazy

Thats what I thought was a refreshing change about Sam's appointment - it was just as last season finished, and he had all summer to prepare and buy/wheel and Deal for players - then we were taken over, which disrupted things, and then when it was all go, a lot of his targets had moved elsewhere, and he had (to a degree) to try and sign the best of who was left.

This window may end up a write-off, unless Mort does push through the reported deal for Diarra, but lets hope we get the right manager in, and he gets major funds in the summer, and we can challenge for some major, quality signings and try and start well next season.

As I said elsewhere, the beauty about appointing someone now is that he has almost half a season of zero pressure to get to know the players and club, work out what needs fixed/replacing and get ready for summer.

if they wanted rid they could have done so in December for a start, nothing has changed since then has it?

That's the thing though, I think something has changed abruptly behind the scenes in the last couple of days

As I said elsewhere, the beauty about appointing someone now is that he has almost half a season of zero pressure to get to know the players and club, work out what needs fixed/replacing and get ready for summer.

I wouldn't go quite as far as that, many fans will want to see instant improvement and/or progress IMO.

Take your general point though.

I wouldn't go quite as far as that, many fans will want to see instant improvement and/or progress IMO.

Any new manager is going to get a boost out of his players playing for spots etc. So whoever it is should have a bit of time to settle in on the new manager honeymoon. Remember Allardyce started out pretty swimmingly.

Any new manager is going to get a boost out of his players playing for spots etc. So whoever it is should have a bit of time to settle in on the new manager honeymoon. Remember Allardyce started out pretty swimmingly.

the first half at bolton ?

Guest Mucky01

if it was Fat Fred who had sacked a manager at the start of the transfer window and then we would all presume that next the window would close and surprise, surprise no money spent and a new manager appointed with FS pockets bulging.

Agree in a way, if they wanted rid they could have done so in December for a start, nothing has changed since then has it?

Lends more weight to the 'someone too good to turn down' theory.

That's exactly what I was thinking must be someone good otherwise why bother?

Although it remains to be seen our boards definition of good!

If you believe what the man himself said anyway.