If it's Redknapp?

Dokko

@sicsfingeredmong

yep.

For me its not so much that we've appointed Redknapp, its that all this talk about building a quality organization was just talk. Disillusioned  and disappointed with Ashley. Redknapp is just a step sideways, mort & ashley are a big let down.

Some of us branded Mort as being a clever, media savy guy and well spoken to boot - until there was substance to back up the media/PR talk. Others love Ashley because he rolls his way to matches draped in a replica jersey.

Redknapp appointment + and  if they minimally back a manager who is an adept transfer market 'wheeler & dealer' on the cheap spending scale =  equates to hot air spouted off by Mort.

Sir John Hall's speach given to Ashley and Mort concerning the responsibility they have taken on their shoulders, and this responsibility equates in attempting to achieve long-overdue success, may well have fallen on deaf ears if Redknapp is the apex of their managerial targets.

Guest The Libertine

Only Newcastle United could sack a manager with the intention of going for attacking football and hire someone whose side hasn't scored  for three months on their own ground.

What a f****** mess.

One of the excuses I have heard down here is that their pitch is too small for their preferred style of play.

Souness blamed pitches...

And didn't Redknapp buy Faye?

Bad omens.

We're f*****.

he did, and they're both still out on bail i think. throw in chimbonda, former señor allardyce and barton and we almost turn into the "Mean Machine" team.

how much is lee hughes going for? is edmundo still playing?

Look, if the stuff on SSN is true, then obviously Ashley is in love with Redknapp and will lavish him with support/money etc.

Given that one of the failings of the Allardyce regime was his ambivalent relationship with the board, Redknapp could very easily be successful given 100% backing from Ashley, Mort, and Ashley's checkbook.

The man's a decent manager, and he's taken a relegation-threatened team and turned it into arguably the best side out of the pack that's hunting for 5th place. I'd rate him slightly higher than Sam, much higher if we take into account the fact that he has a reputation for "good football."

I'm not saying that he's "the one" who'll bring balance to the Force and take us to the top six, but he deserves a chance.

We dare not have this mentality that we'll immediately turn against any appointment that isn't Mourinho or Lippi or some other unrealisticlaly qualified foreign manager.

If he comes, let's back him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Look, if the stuff on SSN is true, then obviously Ashley is in love with Redknapp and will lavish him with support/money etc.

Given that one of the failings of the Allardyce regime was his ambivalent relationship with the board, Redknapp could very easily be successful given 100% backing from Ashley, Mort, and Ashley's checkbook.

The man's a decent manager, and he's taken a relegation-threatened team and turned it into arguably the best side out of the pack that's hunting for 5th place. I'd rate him slightly higher than Sam, much higher if we take into account the fact that he has a reputation for "good football."

I'm not saying that he's "the one" who'll bring balance to the Force and take us to the top six, but he deserves a chance.

We dare not have this mentality that we'll immediately turn against any appointment that isn't Mourinho or Lippi or some other unrealisticlaly qualified foreign manager.

Agreed

Good manager, knows the premiership, loves attacking football.

A more solid bet than any johnny foreigner

Over 25 years as a manager and not one top six finish or a trophy to his name.

To say I'm totally underwhelmed is an understatement.

But, I'll offer my full unconditional support as Ashley deserves to have the support back his judgement.

I get a feeling though his 'away days' with the fans might be curtailed very soon.

Some of us branded Mort as being a clever, media savy guy and well spoken to boot - until there was substance to back up the media/PR talk. Others love Ashley because he rolls his way to matches draped in a replica jersey.

Redknapp appointment + and  if they minimally back a manager who is an adept transfer market 'wheeler & dealer' on the cheap spending scale =  equates to hot air spouted off by Mort.

Sir John Hall's speach given to Ashley and Mort concerning the responsibility they have taken on their shoulders, and this responsibility equates in attempting to achieve long-overdue success, may well have fallen on deaf ears if Redknapp is the apex of their managerial targets.

What a load of shit.  have a word with yourself lad.

Fuk the initial disappointment that its not the major score we wanted, but if he can improve the football and in turn improve the results.

That's pretty much the positive spin that has been put on our last three managers when they were announced.

Agreed

Good manager, knows the premiership, loves attacking football.

A more solid bet than any johnny foreigner

How does he love attacking football ? His current side haven't scored at home this season have they ? Or at least not in the last six games. The guy is currently out on bail and to top it all of his 60 years old so can't even be seen as a long term solution. I would rather have took a young inexperienced manager who would like attacking football who had the help of an older figure head in the club than have this shambles of a manager. He's won sweet FA so why will that suddenly create a team of winners ? He's also not exactly known for being well known fantastic players he's more likely to buy unknowns from Africa who do the odd step over in the summer when they feel like it but drop off in the winter (hence current Portsmouth results). Bollocks to this, of course everyone will support him if he takes the job but the fact is it feels like it did when Souness took over when the fans didn't support the move and a run of a few bad games and he'll have the fans on his back straight away.

I'm sceptical about this rumour, if only because of Harry and his Bournemouth house - the one he commuted to West Ham from, rather than move!

I've never heard so much about one players or managers house! Have you ever heard footballer not moving because they liked their house so much?

Guest Hoop Blah

You lot are priceless.

You really wonder why you've not had any real success when this is the reaction to a potential new manager.

With this attitude your destined to be stuck on this cycle of appoitment, rebuilding, sacking...appointment, rebuilding etc etc

Now your evening turning on the new owners after just a few months in charge.  You should all take a look at yourselves.  Your creating an atmospher that is going to prevent any progress.

As for Redknapp, well he's probably about as good as you can get.  If he has a good relationship with the owner/board then thats great, it's important that they get on and believe in what the manager is going, but the way it's looking Harry is just going to be waiting for the fans to turn on him before asking for his big pay off and returning to the South Coast to run Bournemouth again in semi-retirement.

Guest elbee909

You lot are priceless.

You really wonder why you've not had any real success when this is the reaction to a potential new manager.

With this attitude your destined to be stuck on this cycle of appoitment, rebuilding, sacking...appointment, rebuilding etc etc

Now your evening turning on the new owners after just a few months in charge.  You should all take a look at yourselves.  Your creating an atmospher that is going to prevent any progress.

As for Redknapp, well he's probably about as good as you can get.  If he has a good relationship with the owner/board then thats great, it's important that they get on and believe in what the manager is going, but the way it's looking Harry is just going to be waiting for the fans to turn on him before asking for his big pay off and returning to the South Coast to run Bournemouth again in semi-retirement.

Really, get off your high horse and mind your own.  Funny how many people come out of the woodwork to have a go when this sort of shit happens, I just think people are waiting to put the boot in off the back of the shit peddled by the media.

Fans create the atmosphere that leads to success?  I'm sure that's what a lot of fans like to believe, unfortunately for your argument, it's bollocks.  But come along here and blame fans for this situation?  Balls.  I'm half hoping we go for Coppell now just to see how rosy it is in your garden then.  Wouldn't expect any moaning, wouldn't want your fans creating some bad vibes for the next man, eh.

You lot are priceless.

That's simply bollocks though. Newcastle fans like most fans at Premiership clubs had a go at the team and manager after a massive defeat (in fact it was two big defeats in two straight games). The press picked up on it and made a massive point saying we wanted shot of the manager. Games went on and Sam was actually being chanted for, away fans sang sacked in the morning, Shearer etc and the press said it was the Newcastle fans who were very unhappy to be honest the majority of Newcastle fans although they hated the crap football didn't mind to much if we got success in the future and were willing to wait at the very least until the end of the season alot were saying next season to see how things improved. The owner then sacked him.

Fine sack the manager at this time of year if you have a great replacement lined up to take over straight away. Unfortunatly by the sounds of things we don't. We have Harry Redknapp, a manager who has won nothing in 25 years of football and is currently on bail with allegations of taking bungs for players. This is not the sort of manager we want and who the hell would want that type of manager ?

I'm not daft enough to say get shot of the board but at the minute he's doing very similar things to the last inept chairman so hopefully that will change.

As for who would take over the job, there are plenty of managers we just need to look outside of the UK. Look at Wenger he was relatively unknown before he joined us surely we can find someone out there in the big wild world other to take over the club and work it from the bottom up with a long term plan.

Guest Hoop Blah

You lot are priceless.

Really, get off your high horse and mind your own.  Funny how many people come out of the woodwork to have a go when this sort of s*** happens, I just think people are waiting to put the boot in off the back of the s*** peddled by the media.

Fans create the atmosphere that leads to success?  I'm sure that's what a lot of fans like to believe, unfortunately for your argument, it's bollocks.  But come along here and blame fans for this situation?  Balls.  I'm half hoping we go for Coppell now just to see how rosy it is in your garden then.  Wouldn't expect any moaning, wouldn't want your fans creating some bad vibes for the next man, eh.

I didn't come on here to have a pop.  I came to have a browse because I've always had a bit of a soft spot for your club, probably because of it's perenial underachievment.

I don't subcribe much to the fans being the 12th man bollocks, but if you can't see how much negativity surrounds each of your managerial appointments and how that significantly reduces their chance of success then fine, I'm not bothered at all.

As for how things would be in our garden...we've been through managers being nicked off us and having some shockers in charge too.  Obviously sections of the fanbase kicked up a fuss but we've at least given our managers a chance in the past, but then we know our place!

You lot are priceless.

That's simply bollocks though. Newcastle fans like most fans at Premiership clubs had a go at the team and manager after a massive defeat (in fact it was two big defeats in two straight games). The press picked up on it and made a massive point saying we wanted shot of the manager. Games went on and Sam was actually being chanted for, away fans sang sacked in the morning, Shearer etc and the press said it was the Newcastle fans who were very unhappy to be honest the majority of Newcastle fans although they hated the crap football didn't mind to much if we got success in the future and were willing to wait at the very least until the end of the season alot were saying next season to see how things improved. The owner then sacked him.

Fine sack the manager at this time of year if you have a great replacement lined up to take over straight away. Unfortunatly by the sounds of things we don't. We have Harry Redknapp, a manager who has won nothing in 25 years of football and is currently on bail with allegations of taking bungs for players. This is not the sort of manager we want and who the hell would want that type of manager ?

I'm not daft enough to say get shot of the board but at the minute he's doing very similar things to the last inept chairman so hopefully that will change.

As for who would take over the job, there are plenty of managers we just need to look outside of the UK. Look at Wenger he was relatively unknown before he joined us surely we can find someone out there in the big wild world other to take over the club and work it from the bottom up with a long term plan.

Great examples of the media making something out of Newcastle fans when there is nothing there

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48738.msg546491#new

Guest elbee909

You lot are priceless.

Really, get off your high horse and mind your own.  Funny how many people come out of the woodwork to have a go when this sort of s*** happens, I just think people are waiting to put the boot in off the back of the s*** peddled by the media.

I didn't come on here to have a pop.  I came to have a browse because I've always had a bit of a soft spot for your club, probably because of it's perenial underachievment.

I don't subcribe much to the fans being the 12th man bollocks, but if you can't see how much negativity surrounds each of your managerial appointments and how that significantly reduces their chance of success then fine, I'm not bothered at all.

As for how things would be in our garden...we've been through managers being nicked off us and having some shockers in charge too.  Obviously sections of the fanbase kicked up a fuss but we've at least given our managers a chance in the past, but then we know our place!

Fair enough.  Just don't take the ravings of the few as the thoughts of the many, that's the same mental shortcut the papers take.  The negativity is totally a chicken and egg situation.  Look how much positivity there was around the Bobby Robson appointment - why do we never get any credit for 'putting up with' his first season, where he finished below where we are now?  It's because we could see progress.  I'd have Kevin Gallacher all over again instead of Alan Smith.

I often think a lot of people comment on Newcastle's situation when their only window to it is during times like now when the media vultures are whipping people into overly negative or overly positive shitstorms.  Tell me, would you have been happy with Souness?  You're taking your stability for granted, as we took ours under Robson; now it's been a manager every other day, or so it seems, leading to the fans getting pissed off.  Admittedly there's a feedback mechanism of some kind here but ultimately the fans aren't that much to blame as the media-heads would have you believe.

Maybe fans lack patience due to what they have to put up with.  Shit, I've heard Arsenal fans getting worked up just as much because they 'still have Gilberto.' - only this isn't made into a news-story.

Guest elbee909

Well after watching this video of Harry,I think it would be f**king good to have him here!

Looks like he lost the dressing room there.

Guest Ridzuan

Well after watching this video of Harry,I think it would be f**king good to have him here!

Looks like he lost the dressing room there.

Nah,cant blame him.Some monkey kicked a ball when he was doing an interview.

If it's Redknapp, how would the crowd react to this kind of thing?

29.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Middlesbrough 1

26.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Arsenal 0

15.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Tottenham 1

01.12.07 Portsmouth 0 Everton 0

11.11.07 Portsmouth 0 Man City 0

27.10.07 Portsmouth 0 West Ham 0

I'm guessing not well.

Yet there's no pressure at Portsmouth.

Guest elbee909

I'm guessing not well.

Are you saying Harry's bunged a few quid to the entire crowd to keep them quiet?

I'm guessing not well.

I'm sure that...

Reading 0-2 Portsmouth

Aston Villa 1-3 Portsmouth

Birmingham 0-2 Portsmouth