Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Baggio man if we go down then your whole argument is redundant. Since that's what I'm talking about I don't know why you are aimng any of that at me. If we go down then not doing something was a mistake. Would you rather be lumbered with some continuing squad problems or playing in the championship?

Here's a good thread lads, it's from the last day of the January transfer window when Roeder was here and we were struggling then too, desperate for signings like we were this window and all we got was Gooch on loan, some interesting posts in there like this one...

Given, Carr, Emre, Parker, Martins, Dyer, Solano, Owen, Zoggy, Duff, Milner, Butt, Luque, Bramble, Moore .... are all players in the current first team squad NOT bought just before a transfer deadline and/or players the manager at the time wanted to bring into the club and spent time negotiating with having been linked with for a while etc etc

Hey, but keep making things up as you go ...... you're not alone

;D

Or maybe you just don't have a mind of your own .....

Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite  ;D

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35515.0

Baggio man if we go down then your whole argument is redundant. Since that's what I'm talking about I don't know why you are aimng any of that at me. If we go down then not doing something was a mistake. Would you rather be lumbered with some continuing squad problems or playing in the championship?

If we go down then it is a mistake, but the decision to strengthen and what positions to improve on has to be the managers.

At the same time if we don't get relegated and Keegan spends his transfer budget on the likes of SWP and Carrick, 2 players who wouldn't of been available in January, then surely it was good judgement from the manager and his decision to wait has paid off.

Here's a good thread lads, it's from the last day of the January transfer window when Roeder was here and we were struggling then too, desperate for signings like we were this window and all we got was Gooch on loan, some interesting posts in there like this one...

Given, Carr, Emre, Parker, Martins, Dyer, Solano, Owen, Zoggy, Duff, Milner, Butt, Luque, Bramble, Moore .... are all players in the current first team squad NOT bought just before a transfer deadline and/or players the manager at the time wanted to bring into the club and spent time negotiating with having been linked with for a while etc etc

;D

Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite  ;D

Well, what do you know. Old baggy again with nothing better to do than drag up peoples old posts. You really take thing seriously don't you ?  mackems.gif

Entirely missing the point that the question is that the club signed nobody, not even a loan signing .........and the chairmans comments that we would only sign only young players if we signed anybody .....  [doesn't get the signficance I'm sure]

I could drag up where you have said that Cacapa was the bees knees, but I'm not that sad !!!!

The last time we played Bristol City in the league ie your home town, was when we had a shit board. Whats the chances of turning full circle. Wouldn't it be ironic if the board you slate lifted us above such levels and as soon as they go we are back there again.

Dearie dearie me.

;D

Well, what do you know. Old baggy again with nothing better to do than drag up peoples old posts. You really take thing seriously don't you ?  mackems.gif

Entirely missing the point that the question is that the club signed nobody, not even a loan signing .........

I could drag up where you have said that Cacapa was the bees knees, but I'm not that sad !!!!

Dearie dearie me.

And I could pull up where you wanted Souness, said Alan Smith was the best possible replacement for Shearer and wanted to swap Robert and £5 million for James Beattie, if you want to go down that road then fire away.

The fact is you've been exposed as defending the situation when it happened under Shepherd yet are kicking off now he's gone, simply because it's clear to everyone that you've got an agenda and it's been exposed, that's nothing we didn't know though.

Not to worry though, if you want to keep obsessing over a fat ginger 60 something year old then carry on, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

;D

Entirely missing the point that the question is that the club signed nobody, not even a loan signing .........

The last time we played Bristol City in the league ie your home town, was when we had a shit board. Whats the chances of turning full circle. Wouldn't it be ironic if the board you slate lifted us above such levels and as soon as they go we are back there again.

Dearie dearie me.

And I could pull up where you wanted Souness, said Alan Smith was the best possible replacement for Shearer and wanted to swap Robert and £5 million for James Beattie, if you want to go down that road then fire away.

The fact is you've been exposed as defending the situation when it happened under Shepherd yet are kicking off now he's gone, simply because it's clear to everyone that you've got an agenda and it's been exposed, that's nothing we didn't know though.

Not to worry though, if you want to keep obsessing over a fat ginger 60 something year old then carry on, whatever floats your boat. :lol:

As you also said somewhere about me "supported the club for decades and even if you don't agree knows what he's talking about and can back it up with facts".

No agenda here Baggy lad. I've supported the club too long and seen real shit and mediocrity that you would never understand, for things like that. Like I said, you keep searching away for old posts on an internet message board. What a sad lad.

Where this board is concerned, along with parky and Chez, we have got it right since last September. And I stand by my comments that they aren't better until they have matched and sustained those Champions League qualifications.

Cheers.

West ham bought their premiership survival last january.

Debatable, since Tevez carried them single handedly in most games towards the end of last season and he joined in the Summer.

There big signing was Upson and he only managed 2 Premiership appearances.

;D

Dearie dearie me.

As you also said somewhere about me "supported the club for decades and even if you don't agree knows what he's talking about and can back it up with facts".

No agenda here Baggy lad. I've supported the club too long and seen real shit and mediocrity that you would never understand, for things like that. Like I said, you keep searching away for old posts on an internet message board. What a sad lad.

Where this board is concerned, along with parky and Chez, we have got it right since last September. And I stand by my comments that they aren't better until they have matched and sustained those Champions League qualifications.

Cheers.

So the Leeds board won't be as good as Ridsdale until they get to the semi final of the Champions League?

Anyone can cherry pick a specific moment in the past and say that's the benchmark, the true picture is our average league position under Shepherd was 9th so if when the current lot decide to sell up they've beaten that then they've done better, the fact is they took over a club 13 in the league so they've already got it harder than Shepherd as he took over a club that finished 2nd.

Still, as much as I know you'd love to get into a debate about Shepherd I don't want you getting aroused this time of the evening, so I'll give it a miss.

;D

Dearie dearie me.

Cheers.

So the Leeds board won't be as good as Ridsdale until they get to the semi final of the Champions League?

Anyone can cherry pick a specific moment in the past and say that's the benchmark, the true picture is our average league position under Shepherd was 9th so if when the current lot decide to sell up they've beaten that then they've done better, the fact is they took over a club 13 in the league so they've already got it harder than Shepherd as he took over a club that finished 2nd.

Still, as much as I know you'd love to get into a debate about Shepherd I don't want you getting aroused this time of the evening, so I'll give it a miss.

The semi final of the Champions League is not to be sniffed at .... they enjoyed it at the time. Better to have a chairman that makes mistakes and gives you something than one who does absolutely nothing, thats real mediocrity but I know you won't get it.

Your childish comments show you for being an immature chump lad.

Bye.

;D

Dearie dearie me.

Cheers.

The semi final of the Champions League is not to be sniffed at .... they enjoyed it at the time. Better to have a chairman that makes mistakes and gives you something than one who does absolutely nothing, thats real mediocrity but I know you won't get it.

Your childish comments show you for being an immature chump lad.

Bye.

:wave:

West ham bought their premiership survival last january.

Debatable, since Tevez carried them single handedly in most games towards the end of last season and he joined in the Summer.

There big signing was Upson and he only managed 2 Premiership appearances.

You forgot about them hiring out Man Utd for the weekend.

he hasn't rectified the problems, as you said.

You should be in batman films, you're the riddler and the joker at the same time without realising it

Anything Shepherd does is crap, anything Ashley does is beyond criticism.

What a guy  mackems.gif

Ashley isn't beyond criticism, I've already said that I think he (along with Mort) got the timing of the Allardyce sacking wrong, he should have gone either earlier or later, do you agree with the timing being wrong?

I started huge, unwieldy - whinning pedantic threads when I first saw the danger emerge that we weren't going to add creativity to the midfield.

I am win.

You also started one about us finishing higher than Arsenal.   :lol:

The club has been handled terribly since the christmas period. We needed to invest otherwise we wouldn't now be talking about f****** relegation! Were we talking about it before then? No. Blaming shepherd is for spackas too as the club looked like it was heading for mid table mediocrity until they decided to change things. 

Chez, you need to look at who we played both before and after christmas.  You could claim that Allardyce would have done better against Bolton but I would have said the same before playing Derby twice, Wigan, Reading, Stoke (not league but I'd have expected better).

Since christmas we've had 4 players away on international duty and 1 retard locked up then unable to play because of bail conditions.

To make it look as if something unexpected changed over christmas is wrong.

he hasn't rectified the problems, as you said.

You should be in batman films, you're the riddler and the joker at the same time without realising it

Anything Shepherd does is crap, anything Ashley does is beyond criticism.

What a guy  mackems.gif

Ashley isn't beyond criticism, I've already said that I think he (along with Mort) got the timing of the Allardyce sacking wrong, he should have gone either earlier or later, do you agree with the timing being wrong?

not particularly. I think football is reactive. If he'd gone a month earlier, a lot of people would have said it was too soon, it was only really in the last month when it became clear that he wasn't going to see where he went wrong.

Appointing Keegan afterwards is neither here nor there, unless he was approached prior to sacking Allardyce.

I suppose I would only say the "timing" was wrong, if they had had a green light from Keegan 2 months earlier, for instance.

not particularly. I think football is reactive. If he'd gone a month earlier, a lot of people would have said it was too soon, it was only really in the last month when it became clear that he wasn't going to see where he went wrong.

Appointing Keegan afterwards is neither here nor there, unless he was approached prior to sacking Allardyce.

I suppose I would only say the "timing" was wrong, if they had had a green light from Keegan 2 months earlier, for instance.

Sorry but I've got to disagree, the timing was wrong, if Keegan had of been in earlier he could have seen what he had to work with and what was needed to improve on what he inherited.   Bringing him in during January meant that he didn't know the players so could not have known what was needed to improve the first team.  He came during January when we had players who he couldn't even see in training because they were in Africa and he thought we needed a new defender when we had Faye and Beye, arguably our best two in that department away from the club.

What we needed was creativity and somebody who could do some damage up front, Parky wasn't the only person to say we needed creativity in the summer, it was plain to see what we needed after bringing in the players that we did.  We brought in grafters while getting rid of two potential match winners in Dyer and Solano, Dyer might have been a prick but he had something which we are lacking, speed, defenders hate having players run at them and he could do that when motivated.  The only player we have with any speed now is Martins.

Sorry but I've got to disagree, the timing was wrong, if Keegan had of been in earlier he could have seen what he had to work with and what was needed to improve on what he inherited.   Bringing him in during January meant that he didn't know the players so could not have known what was needed to improve the first team.  He came during January when we had players who he couldn't even see in training because they were in Africa and he thought we needed a new defender when we had Faye and Beye, arguably our best two in that department away from the club.

What we needed was creativity and somebody who could do some damage up front, Parky wasn't the only person to say we needed creativity in the summer, it was plain to see what we needed after bringing in the players that we did.  We brought in grafters while getting rid of two potential match winners in Dyer and Solano, Dyer might have been a prick but he had something which we are lacking, speed, defenders hate having players run at them and he could do that when motivated.  The only player we have with any speed now is Martins.

There is no doubts the timing was poor.

Sorry but I've got to disagree, the timing was wrong, if Keegan had of been in earlier he could have seen what he had to work with and what was needed to improve on what he inherited.  Bringing him in during January meant that he didn't know the players so could not have known what was needed to improve the first team.  He came during January when we had players who he couldn't even see in training because they were in Africa and he thought we needed a new defender when we had Faye and Beye, arguably our best two in that department away from the club.

There is no doubts the timing was poor.

I agree. No doubts that all these posts will be invisible either.

The timing of Sam's sacking and replacement was wrong, whichever way you look at it...

...unless you see it as what it clearly was: an exercise in knee-jerk appeasement of disgruntled fans by a desperate Chairman and an egomaniacal owner.

History may not repeat itself, but it certainly echoes itself over time.

The timing of Sam's sacking and replacement was wrong, whichever way you look at it...

...unless you see it as what it clearly was: an exercise in knee-jerk appeasement of disgruntled fans by a desperate Chairman and an egomaniacal owner.

I'm not sure it was knee-jerk, that would have happened earlier when Ashley was sitting amongst the fans, I really think they had a target which Allardyce had to meet and when it became almost impossible they just went for it.

you can disagree all you like, but I've told you how I see it, you are just using hindsight because Keegan took the job. The major mistake they have made is not reacting to the performance on the pitch and allowing their managers [old and new] more to attempt to improve the quality of the footballers at the club.

Well, if anything I think he should have stayed rather than went earlier. I think this sort of stuff is pretty much one of reflective opinions. Because Keegan is here, people are saying we could have had Keegan earlier ?

But a month previously, we may not have got him. Its simply a complete hypothetical situation. We could have sacked him and had someone else here now. Would people still be saying then that it was bad "timing".

People who never wanted Allardyce will say that we should have got rid of him last August, even those who thought we had a good summer in the transfer market [which doesn't make sense at all].

However in truth, it is only in the last month his position became untenable, or past the point of no return.