Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

It's not a bad phone, probably the 5th best phone i've had over the past decade if that's any help.

What's it like in Europe?

Europe ? Now there's a memory. It's where that man who called you nasty names ran the club you say you support and played there more than any other chairman in the clubs history

Fancy that eh  mackems.gif

d'you think we'd have got back into europe with a fat fred board ?

I'm pretty confident we will get back into europe with a board that backs their managers. I don't see what personalities has to do with it. Unless you are one of those who are massively offended by being called nasty names and for some strange reason conclude that such things mean that it makes them s*** chairman who don't back their managers ?

As has been said. Haven't things been GREAT since the new board came in who were automatically  better on account of not being fat bastards who ate all the pies

So, what makes a good chairman in your eyes?

It's not a bad phone, probably the 5th best phone i've had over the past decade if that's any help.

Europe ? Now there's a memory. It's where that man who called you nasty names ran the club you say you support and played there more than any other chairman in the clubs history

I'm pretty confident we will get back into europe with a board that backs their managers. I don't see what personalities has to do with it. Unless you are one of those who are massively offended by being called nasty names and for some strange reason conclude that such things mean that it makes them shit chairman who don't back their managers ?

As has been said. Haven't things been GREAT since the new board came in who were automatically  better on account of not being fat bastards who ate all the pies

Well we've got Jeff Vetere on board, who I reckon will find a few decent players, we've got a Chairman who might well spend a boatload in the summer and we've got Keegan back as manager, not to mention a few pies left over so everyone gets a bite to eat these days.

I'm looking forward to the summer - maybe you are dreading it but each to his own.

I'm pretty confident we will get back into europe with a board that backs their managers. I don't see what personalities has to do with it. Unless you are one of those who are massively offended by being called nasty names and for some strange reason conclude that such things mean that it makes them shit chairman who don't back their managers ?

Well we've got Jeff Vetere on board, who I reckon will find a few decent players, we've got a Chairman who might well spend a boatload in the summer and we've got Keegan back as manager, not to mention a few pies left over so everyone gets a bite to eat these days.

I'm looking forward to the summer - maybe you are dreading it but each to his own.

mackems.gif

have to ask you Tron, as you think you know what a shit board and chairman is, how long have you supported Newcastle ? And whats your opinion of the people who run the 87 or so clubs who watched us playing in europe and the Champions League with envy 

You've said nowt to stop me smiling BTW

I'm pretty confident we will get back into europe with a board that backs their managers. I don't see what personalities has to do with it. Unless you are one of those who are massively offended by being called nasty names and for some strange reason conclude that such things mean that it makes them s*** chairman who don't back their managers ?

So, what makes a good chairman in your eyes?

oh, take a guess fredbob. One who runs the a club that backs his managers and plays regularly in europe perhaps ? Unless you think eating all the pies is more important  bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif

have to ask you Tron, as you think you know what a shit board and chairman is, how long have you supported Newcastle ? And whats your opinion of the people who run the 87 or so clubs who watched us playing in europe and the Champions League with envy 

I like how NE5 ignores most of what Tron says just to pick on the bit about pies so he can go on about Shepherd's time at the club.

Obsessed.

mackems.gif

I like how NE5 ignores most of what Tron says just to pick on the bit about pies so he can go on about Shepherd's time at the club.

Obsessed.

I've seen more summers of expectancy than you've had hot dinners baggy lad.

yawn

I'm sure that Tron can answer his own questions BTW. Obsessed.

bluelaugh.gif

mackems.gif

Obsessed.

yawn

bluelaugh.gif

Shame you can't answer yours, have you got your head around profit and revenue yet? mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Obsessed.

yawn

bluelaugh.gif

Shame you can't answer yours, have you got your head around profit and revenue yet? mackems.gif

dear little Matthew ......... if you are in the position I'm  in when you are my age, you'll be well pleased.

Like I said, you're obsessed with me. I'm sure Tron can answer for himself.

I think its about time you tried posting on CBBeebies or something.

Thank you and goodnight.

mackems.gif

Obsessed.

yawn

bluelaugh.gif

dear little Matthew ......... if you are in the position you're  in when you are my age, you'll be well pleased.

Thank you and goodnight.

If I'm in the position I'm in when I'm your age I'd have wasted 25 years of my life.

Is that a no on the old profit and revenue then? Not to worry, it's not as if you've never ignored a question that will put your agenda in a bad light.

mackems.gif

Obsessed.

yawn

bluelaugh.gif

dear little Matthew ......... if you are in the position you're  in when you are my age, you'll be well pleased.

Thank you and goodnight.

If I'm in the position I'm in when I'm your age I'd have wasted 25 years of my life.

Is that a no on the old profit and revenue then? Not to worry, it's not as if you've never ignored a question that will put your agenda in a bad light.

Baggy, you have absolutely no idea what I've done in my life.

You're losing your marbles lad.

Cheers. I don't mind a discussion with someone sensible, but you're becoming rather too childish now.

mackems.gif

have to ask you Tron, as you think you know what a s*** board and chairman is, how long have you supported Newcastle ? And whats your opinion of the people who run the 87 or so clubs who watched us playing in europe and the Champions League with envy 

Obsessed

I do disagree with NE5  with regards to the new owners as they did not buy a team CL or even an Intertoto  team they bought a team that has finished 13th & 14th in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Thank god for Roeder turning the season in between those to finishes around. BUT Jeff Vetere!!!  Which foreign players stick out as good buys for Charlton where part of his role was overseas coordinator. Word is he does a nice report though.  From reading bits & bobs he was more successful developing kids at Charlton. As for the Chairman he seems a nice chap but he is only on-loan. I do belive we will spend in the summer but as Brummie has pointed out most clubs can now spend, so we have to spend smarter than ever before.

Baggio & NE5 - You two used to be buds (message board variety), sort it out via PM lads  :thup: because yous both seem decent chaps & taking pot shots at each other when you both want to see a WINNING NEWCASTLE UNITED seem silly to me.

Reet I am off to watch the kids V Leeds. Looking forward to see Wrightson (Jeff's son) & Donaldson.

mackems.gif

Obsessed.

yawn

bluelaugh.gif

Thank you and goodnight.

Baggy, you have absolutely no idea what I've done in my life.

You're losing your marbles lad.

Cheers. I don't mind a discussion with someone sensible, but you're becoming rather too childish now.

Where did I say I did? Perhaps you should preview posts in future if you're going to need to edit them all of the time.

mackems.gif

have to ask you Tron, as you think you know what a s*** board and chairman is, how long have you supported Newcastle ? And whats your opinion of the people who run the 87 or so clubs who watched us playing in europe and the Champions League with envy 

Obsessed

I do disagree with NE5  with regards to the new owners as they did not buy a team CL or even an Intertoto  team they bought a team that has finished 13th & 14th in 2 of the last 3 seasons. Thank god for Roeder turning the season in between those to finishes around. BUT Jeff Vetere!!!  Which foreign players stick out as good buys for Charlton where part of his role was overseas coordinator. Word is he does a nice report though.  From reading bits & bobs he was more successful developing kids at Charlton.

Aye, simply bringing in a new name doesn't automatically guarantee anything. He may bring in players that are a load of crap, makes me smile when people assume that just through making changes everything round the corner is all roses.

As you also said mate, as other teams have more money, surely on the back of our fanbase we have to continue to act bigger than the likes of Fulham and Blackburn.

NOBODY ASSUMES IT IS ALL GOING TO BE AUTOMATICALLY BETTER NOW. YOU'VE MADE THAT UP IN YOUR HEAD.

To clarify Dave. You don't agree with Trons assertion that this new scout is going to bring in some good/better players ? If that isn't what he means, maybe he himself can clarify.

Likewise, as everyone is glad to see the back of the new board, surely you aren't saying they don't think those Champions League positions will be at least equalled ?

If not, why are they so pleased ?

Why are you so pleased unless you automatically think they will be better ? This is all I've said, they aren't better until they have shown themselves to be better.

Is the whole problem here, just that you disagree with me, even though I can put forward solid logic to backup what I say, rather than harping on about eating pies instead of what happens on the pitch, or telling people they have "wank material" which appears to be OK  ?

I was going to leave this thread alone until that, tbh. A bit silly I would say, wouldn't you agree ?

So we ended up in the bottom half of the premiership in the last few years. I remember when that was a measure of success not failure, i wonder who changed those expectations? That'll be due to the people running the club for the last 15 years. The Halls and Shepherd's ownership of the club started in properly in 92 and ended in 07. THEY are judged on what happened to the club during that period.

You may want to point out mistakes but lets be fair here, the current lot have made our club a laughing stock and we are under threat of relegation, so making mistakes is part and parcel of cut throat competition.

This continuing rubbish between members is just because the people who blamed the board for the failures of the club cant bear to admit that they were wrong, running a premiership football club is extremely difficult, the grass is not greener and even the billionaire owner with good intentions is still fucking things up spectacularly.

Roll on Man U eh. 

I HOPE anyone who comes in eventually does better than their predecessor. Is it so difficult to understand, without taking that as some kind of attack on the previous lot that you feel you have to defend them over and over again?

NOBODY ASSUMES IT IS ALL GOING TO BE AUTOMATICALLY BETTER NOW. YOU'VE MADE THAT UP IN YOUR HEAD.

To clarify Dave. You don't agree with Trons assertion that this new scout is going to bring in some good/better players ? If that isn't what he means, maybe he himself can clarify.

Likewise, as everyone is glad to see the back of the new board, surely you aren't saying they don't think those Champions League positions will be at least equalled ?

If not, why are they so pleased ?

Why are you so pleased unless you automatically think they will be better ? This is all I've said, they aren't better until they have shown themselves to be better.

Is the whole problem here, just that you disagree with me, even though I can put forward solid logic to backup what I say, rather than harping on about eating pies instead of what happens on the pitch, or telling people they have "wank material" which appears to be OK  ?

I was going to leave this thread alone until that, tbh. A bit silly I would say, wouldn't you agree ?

Perhaps they're pleased because they have more faith in the current lot to turn the clubs fortunes around compared to Shepherd?

You can talk about us qualifying for the Champions league all you want but that wasn't where we were when they took over in the Summer, from the Summer of 2004 until they sold up 3 years later this club went from one mess to another and the majority of that was down to poor decision making when it came to picking managers.

Another reason is the clubs debt at the time was holding us back, with the club barely making a profit before player trading the only way we could afford to sign new players was to borrow more money and when you're already a £100 million in debt it's not the best idea to borrow more.

People haven't always been against Shepherd and they don't hate him because he called them nasty names as you like to point out, he wasn't popular after the NOTW stunt but people didn't care too much when we were doing well in the CL under Robson, people hate him because of the way he and the rest of the board handled the situation that Summer and have stumbled from one fuck up to the next.

I HOPE anyone who comes in eventually does better than their predecessor. Is it so difficult to understand, without taking that as some kind of attack on the previous lot that you feel you have to defend them over and over again?

To keep this short, the title of this thread is bang on. As is Chez' last post. I'm not defending anybody, but people talking about "eating pies" instead of the job they do, is pretty idiotic, as is people harping on about "wank material" just for putting across a point of view with facts to back it up. I always said that replacing the last board with better would be difficult, everybody said otherwise, is that not automatically assuming that things would be better ? Such rants that I have referred to would suggest this is indeed the case in some eyes.

Why can't you people just admit that so far, the title of this thread is bang on, and doing better - because they did well - WILL be quite difficult. If it isn't obvious by now, it never will be.

So we ended up in the bottom half of the premiership in the last few years. I remember when that was a measure of success not failure, i wonder who changed those expectations? That'll be due to the people running the club for the last 15 years. The Halls and Shepherd's ownership of the club started in properly in 92 and ended in 07. THEY are judged on what happened to the club during that period.

You may want to point out mistakes but lets be fair here, the current lot have made our club a laughing stock and we are under threat of relegation, so making mistakes is part and parcel of cut throat competition.

This continuing rubbish between members is just because the people who blamed the board for the failures of the club cant bear to admit that they were wrong, running a premiership football club is extremely difficult, the grass is not greener and even the billionaire owner with good intentions is still fucking things up spectacularly.

Roll on Man U eh. 

Who's to blame then for appointing the likes of Souness and Roeder? Or plunging the club into a £100 million in debt in the hope that throwing money at Souness will cover the mistake of employing him in the first place?

Because it's these decisions that have made the club fail.

The new lot haven't started well Chez. That doesn't mean they won't end up doing so, nor does that in turn mean I think they can do no wrong.

Havent started well? I'm going to have to wait until the 17th March before i know whether my team is going down? If thats when we get our next points. If its not 3, we are going down imo. I see 2 points from the next four games at best on current form.

But then if you'd asked me that question about these coming games in November i would have said the same thing and that cant be on account of the manager anymore, as he has changed, that'll be on account of the playing staff. THAT is the biggest failing of this board, to have failed to recognise the quality of the players working for them.

I pointed out earlier in the thread that a fundamental in business is understanding the talents of those who work for you. I cant stress that enough, as we 'stumble' towards relegation.

Roll on Man U eh. 

Who's to blame then for appointing the likes of Souness and Roeder? Or plunging the club into a £100 million in debt in the hope that throwing money at Souness will cover the mistake of employing him in the first place?

Debt is not an argument, i've dismissed that so many times as irrelevant.

So the last board are to blame if we go down?

Grow up.

Giving almost £50 million to Souness was money well spent, 5th to 14th.

As for those who are “massively offended” by Shepherd, your words not mine, what about somebody who gets embarrassed by an owner who sits in amongst fans but doesn't care about what Shepherd got up to, what do you think about that sort of hypocrisy?

Roll on Man U eh. 

Debt is not an argument, i've dismissed that so many times as irrelevant.

So the last board are to blame if we go down?

Grow up.

Where have I said the old board are to blame if we go down? I've picked you up on you saying the people blaming the board for the clubs failures can't admit they're wrong, well who is to blame for the clubs failures in recent times then? Unless of course you mean this season where I don't see anyone blaming Shepherd or Hall for the position we're in.

As for you dismissing the club debt, you don't think it was holding us back? Or is where you tell us the likes of Man Utd and Arsenal have larger debts so ours doesn't matter? Even though both clubs make a profit over £50 million and we lost £12 million last year?