Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

Well I believe it was Keegan that didn´t want any players in the window. If we are going to blame the board we rather do that because they appointed Keegan and not that we didn´t did anything in the window.

We shall also remember that it was Fat Fred (the worst chairman ever existed) that hired Sam and not the present board. In fact how can anyone blame a board because the player is not preforming?

I can buy the fact that Sam didn´t got that much money in the summer. But that feels like Ashley never did not want Sam from the beginning.

What I have seen this far I am more than happy with Mort and co. Hopfully they can show us in the summer that they really want to this club to moved forward. But as they have been saying. You can not rush things when we have been in the shit for long time. Shepherd money have makes us to a card house. Now when we did´t used that much money we are falling.

If we are going to blame someone for this position it´s Sam, NOT the board.

Anyone but Fred ? I rest my case.

Laughable.

fine. Thats understood then, nowt to do with Tron and numerous others giving the impression they automatically assume the new board are better, despite having done nothing to prove it yet and not eating any pies as yet.

You just know that if we get relegated, and are heading back to where the Halls and Shepherd found us, its going to be everybody's fault but the new board.

In a couple of weeks time, we could be right in s*** street, I can't believe people seem to think things are better/going well [delete as appropriate]

Nobody expects anything to happen automatically, you're the only one who ever uses the word in relationship to what is happening at the club. 

If we do get relegated then I'll blame the players, Ashley, Mort, Shepherd, Keegan, Allardyce, Roeder (to a lesser extent) and Souness, they'll have all played a part in it.

It's funny how NE5 is so quick to defend (even to this day) Shepherd yet at the same time just as quick to attack Mort/Ashley.

What's happened to HTL by the way?

NE5 on the January transfer window under Shepherd...

Given, Carr, Emre, Parker, Martins, Dyer, Solano, Owen, Zoggy, Duff, Milner, Butt, Luque, Bramble, Moore .... are all players in the current first team squad NOT bought just before a transfer deadline and/or players the manager at the time wanted to bring into the club and spent time negotiating with having been linked with for a while etc etc

Hey, but keep making things up as you go ...... you're not alone

;D

Or maybe you just don't have a mind of your own .....

Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite  ;D

12 months later under Mort...

You won't convince me that Keegan wouldn't have loved to have had someone like Bentley signed for Newcastle if they had been prepared to back him. If we are relegated, we will lose far more than paying what it would take to get Bentley from Blackburn. This is just an example. The only way forward is to bring in quality footballers, and pay the going rate if necessary.

If Newcastle United can't buy the best players from a club like Blackburn, how exactly is the club being run ?

oh dear

"better off without the fat b******"....etc etc etc

Look at the league table. We are in the worst position, with the worst short term prospects, than since we came up in 1993. And they did nothing.

They did nothing?

They backed the manager you thought would do a good job, what part of "he had money left to spend" do you not understand?  When things looked shite they sacked the manager you wanted and replaced him with another you are happy with and they made money available for him to spend.

What more could they have done?

So we ended up in the bottom half of the premiership in the last few years. I remember when that was a measure of success not failure, i wonder who changed those expectations? That'll be due to the people running the club for the last 15 years. The Halls and Shepherd's ownership of the club started in properly in 92 and ended in 07. THEY are judged on what happened to the club during that period.

You may want to point out mistakes but lets be fair here, the current lot have made our club a laughing stock and we are under threat of relegation, so making mistakes is part and parcel of cut throat competition.

This continuing rubbish between members is just because the people who blamed the board for the failures of the club cant bear to admit that they were wrong, running a premiership football club is extremely difficult, the grass is not greener and even the billionaire owner with good intentions is still f****** things up spectacularly.

Roll on Man U eh. 

That post is so one sided.

We didn't just end up bottom half, Shepherd took over the club when we'd just finished 2nd in the league, his first full season saw us drop to 13th, a position that we repeated the next season.  We then had a couple of 11th places before we had our best 3 finishes under him, 4th, 3rd and 5th, 3 great finishes which were not maintained as Shepherd sacked the manager who gave us them finishes, a manager who was not financially supported in the pre-season before he was sacked.  Robson had Gary Speed sold behind his back, according to him and had Woodgate sold and wasn’t given a replacement.

As for us being a laughing stock, if that’s true, and it probably is at the minute then they’ve just maintained the status quo, being a laughing stock isn’t exactly a new thing for us.  If we are currently a laughing stock it’s because our new owner sits with the fans, no big deal as far as I’m concerned.  We sacked Allardyce who didn’t do what most people expected, and it’s because we brought in Keegan, something which is far too early to judge.  Put that against the chairman and vice-chairman making headlines for getting pissed in a brothel, supporters paying for a bond only to get kicked out of the same seats they thought they’d secured for the next 10 years, we had the fans v NUFC in the courts.  The club was in such a state that our share price dropped from 95p to 35p within a few short months because of all of the shit that was going on, the shares price was less than 20p as one time.  We even had people within the Plc resigning because of the way the club was being run, we were in turmoil on and off the pitch.

We are currently under threat of relegation but it’s not new though is it?  Souness was sacked because of where we were heading under him and Roeder was just as bad once he was given the job, both of these were capable of getting us relegated.

Yes, we’ve had good times under Hall & Shepherd, we’ve also had to put up with a lot of shit along the way, mainly under Shepherd.  A chairman responsible for taking us 11 places down the league in his first full season in charge.  A chairman who left the club 12 places lower in the league from when he took over to when he left.  Under his chairmanship we finished in the bottom half of the league 6 times out of 10, if he’d done that after taking over from those in charge before Sir John then his time might have looked better, he didn’t take over the club in that position, he took over a club that was on a high and he took it backwards.  Shepherd didn’t take over a club who were languishing in the lower levels of the 2nd division, he took over the 2nd best club/team in England and he screwed it up by taking it in the wrong direction.

Maybe the new owner and his chairman will do the same, maybe they wont, time will tell.  What I do know is that Chris Mort took over the running of a club in a far worse state than his predecessor.  Nobody is denying what Shepherd did well, he gave us 3 very good seasons, he gave us an expanded ground and he gave us training facilities that we’d never had before, he also gave us plenty of shite along the way and that should not be forgotten when we look at where we are now, it’s not as if everything was going well before the takeover, I doubt we’d be any better now if it hadn’t taken place.

SJH "hows the club getting on these days Freddie boy"

FS "ok john do you want me to fill you in on the details and everything, you being the major shareholder and all of that

SJH "nah its OK Fred mate my millions are safe in your hands you do as you like and appoint who you want mate"

And ref the summer of 2003, having spent 40m quid in the few years preceding to qualify for the CL, including 9m in the preceding January to buy a player before others pinched him [ie good "planning"] then to criticise the club for accumulating debts like you do now, is hypocrisy on a massive scale, but this has been said before and you ignored it.

oh dear

"better off without the fat b******"....etc etc etc

Look at the league table. We are in the worst position, with the worst short term prospects, than since we came up in 1993. And they did nothing.

They did nothing?

They backed the manager you thought would do a good job, what part of "he had money left to spend" do you not understand?  When things looked shite they sacked the manager you wanted and replaced him with another you are happy with and they made money available for him to spend.

What more could they have done?

The proof of the pudding is in the quality of the buys. Fulham [for one] backed their manager more than we did. I congratulate you on being happy with smaller clubs than ours backing their managers more than us. I've said this before, but it isn't half strange how you despise the only group of directors we've had in 50 years who attempted to capitalise on our fanbase as much as you do.

Sam Allardyce said himself that when he was in this job, he maybe had expected more support from the old board than he was getting from the new board. No doubt you will strangely and illogically carry on blaming the old board though.

Taking the post of someone from Sweden (no offence ATB & others) to 'rest' your case. :lol:

and where do people who agree with your view come from and what experience and knowledge of the club do they have ?

Especially compared to me  :coolsmiley:

Taking the post of someone from Sweden (no offence ATB & others) to 'rest' your case. :lol:

and where do people who agree with your view come from and what experience and knowledge of the club do they have ?

Not going to get into a soopafan contest with you. :lol:

Not going to get into a soopafan contest with you. :lol:

bluelaugh.gif

SJH "hows the club getting on these days Freddie boy"

FS "ok john do you want me to fill you in on the details and everything, you being the major shareholder and all of that

SJH "nah its OK Fred mate my millions are safe in your hands you do as you like and appoint who you want mate"

And ref the summer of 2003, having spent 40m quid in the few years preceding to qualify for the CL, including 9m in the preceding January to buy a player before others pinched him [ie good "planning"] then to criticise the club for accumulating debts like you do now, is hypocrisy on a massive scale, but this has been said before and you ignored it.

Good to see the facts at the start of your post.   :lol:

As for the spending, nobody complained when we spent to take the club forwards, the complaints came when we spent money to go backwards.  You can take any time you want to make things look good but the fact is that when we were in a strong position to improve the team, we stopped and then wondered why we couldn’t match what others were doing.  The ideal time to spend is when you are in a position of strength, not when you’re heading in the wrong direction.  We were doing well and then stopped, within months we had Souness who was given almost £50 million, we spent at the wrong time and we did it to try and get back to where we were before we stopped spending.

Would you rather spend £10 to keep something or £100 to get it back?

The proof of the pudding is in the quality of the buys. Fulham [for one] backed their manager more than we did. I congratulate you on being happy with smaller clubs than ours backing their managers more than us. I've said this before, but it isn't half strange how you despise the only group of directors we've had in 50 years who attempted to capitalise on our fanbase as much as you do.

Sam Allardyce said himself that when he was in this job, he maybe had expected more support from the old board than he was getting from the new board. No doubt you will strangely and illogically carry on blaming the old board though.

Prove that Fulham spent more, I'm sure that you can back that up.  Also, as has been said a million times, Allardyce had more to spend but chose not to for some reason.

You are mentioning what Allardyce said soon after the takeover yet you forget to mention that he also thanked them for allowing his to spend more money then he’d ever had in a single transfer window.

So we ended up in the bottom half of the premiership in the last few years. I remember when that was a measure of success not failure, i wonder who changed those expectations?

Football players winning football games is the major factor. I am sure there are many other factors as well but none as major as winning games.

Prove that Fulham spent more , I'm sure that you can back that up.  Also, as has been said a million times, Allardyce had more to spend but chose not to for some reason.

You are mentioning what Allardyce said soon after the takeover yet you forget to mention that he also thanked them for allowing his to spend more money then he’d ever had in a single transfer window.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1206382#msg1206382 ........surprised you missed this, or maybe not as it won't suit your opinion

Fact is, stop capitalising on the fanbase [which the last board always attempted to do] and there is only one way you WILL go.

The proof of the pudding is in the quality of the buys. Fulham [for one] backed their manager more than we did. I congratulate you on being happy with smaller clubs than ours backing their managers more than us.

Fulham did better with Coleman who had nowhere near as much as Lawrie S & I doubt Coleman ever spent as much as Roy Hodgson in a January window. Same thing with Souness backed but signed shite. Good managers who sign well are worth more than  a board backing managerial losers with big numbers.  After seeing the cloggers Sam A brought in I am glad he didnt get backed. I just hope KK has the cash in the summer & signs first team players that will improve our team & not sign other clubs fringe players with big reputations.

The proof of the pudding is in the quality of the buys. Fulham [for one] backed their manager more than we did. I congratulate you on being happy with smaller clubs than ours backing their managers more than us.

Fulham did better with Coleman who had nowhere near as much as Lawrie S & I doubt Coleman ever spent as much as Roy Hodgson in a January window. Same thing with Souness backed but signed shite. Good managers who sign well are worth more than  a board backing managerial losers with big numbers.  After seeing the cloggers Sam A brought in I am glad he didnt get backed. I just hope KK has the cash in the summer & signs first team players that will improve our team & not sign other clubs fringe players with big reputations.

I don't disagree, but a boards obligation is to back their managers, then it becomes the managers responsibility.

Current situation is that we are in the shit and sliding due to poor buys in the summer, some in an average price bracket, the rest cheapo's. This tells its own story, especially when Allardyce was talking about lack of support. Why, when he paid the rate for a striker like Anelka for a club like Bolton [including the wages] did he not see fit to go even go to that level at a club like Newcastle .?

Whatever the reason, we are in a relegation scrap because of it, and the transfer window has passed without the addition of a single and badly needed player and a boost.

Mort said before the deadline if we brought in any players it would be young ones for the future. What sort of bollocks is that when you are looking at a relegation struggle ?

Fulham are going great guns, I can see why they're a fantastic example to use of what we should be doing.

A sad admission that such clubs show more transfer clout than we do. Haven't seen such days since, eeeer.......pre 1992

Co-incidentally, the end of decades of real mediocrity and failure. Lose the next 2 games and we will be 2 or 3 points above the drop zone. Nowt to worry about though, its not like we are being embarrassed anymore.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=48415.msg1206382#msg1206382 ........surprised you missed this, or maybe not as it won't suit your opinion

Fact is, stop capitalising on the fanbase [which the last board always attempted to do] and there is only one way you WILL go.

All that link proves to me is that the figures are wrong, I can see that as soon as I see what they have for Roeder spending so I’m taking it with a pinch of salt.  Roeder spent £5 million of Duff and just over £10.1 million on Martins, he got back £1.7 million for Viana, £500k for Chopra, £2 million for Faye and £3.3 million for Boumsong.

Roeder either spent £15.1 million gross or £7.6 million net.

If they can get that wrong then they can get anything wrong.  Even if it's true I'm sure I could go and find times in the last 15 or so years when we've been behind smaller clubs when it comes to spending

I agree with your last comment, that's why I mentioned it in an earlier post, I don't agree with giving Souness almost £50 million and I doubt that you do either.