The impact of KK...

Guest Knightrider

Keegan did spit the dummy out here if that's what you want to call it but he had good reason.  Early on he was promised that he'd get money to spend and Sir John didn’t deliver.  Keegan forced Sir John to put his hand into his pocket and make money available.  If Keegan hadn't done that then we probably would not be where we are today.

Just watched his Inside Sport interview, says himself "I wasn't enjoying it anymore, fans didn't want me anymore, it wasn't going how I planned - I could have played the game in Finland, got sacked and got millions."

Apparently not being a greedy arsehole like so many others I could mention is a bad thing.

Exactly, was it good that Souness and Allardyce hung in there and got their £6m each?

Keegan did spit the dummy out here if that's what you want to call it but he had good reason.  Early on he was promised that he'd get money to spend and Sir John didn’t deliver.  Keegan forced Sir John to put his hand into his pocket and make money available.  If Keegan hadn't done that then we probably would not be where we are today.

That is my biggest fear with Keegan again, if he doesn't get his way he'll just pack his bags and go I was devastated when he did that last time just made me so angry.

That is my biggest fear with Keegan again, if he doesn't get his way he'll just pack his bags and go I was devastated when he did that last time just made me so angry.

I can't see Mort or Ashley trying to bluff him so I wouldn't worry, I really think they'll get on well together, Keegan and Ashley will be up a height and Mort will try to keep them focused, I think they'll make an excellent team.

all the shite about keegan being a bottler is just that, shite.

Newcastle = PLC

Fulham = England Job

England = Fans/Media got him out

Man C = Fair enough.

I think that is a little bit of an exaggeration. Didn't he admit himself that he was out of his depth? And wasn't his England record the worst of any England manager (including McLaren)? Although that is no disgrace - the England job has broken lots of good managers.

He's a good club manager, but that looks a tad like rewriting history.

He wrote his resignation out in the Wembley toilets.

He did say he was out of his depth and he clearly was, we love him for wearing his heart on his sleeve but that was his downfall at times, he let things get to him because he cared and it made the bloke a wreck.

I just hope it doesn't happen again.

I can't see Mort or Ashley trying to bluff him so I wouldn't worry, I really think they'll get on well together, Keegan and Ashley will be up a height and Mort will try to keep them focused, I think they'll make an excellent team.

I hope your right for the clubs sake! would love it if he proved me wrong, so I'll just wait and see.

Just watched his Inside Sport interview, says himself "I wasn't enjoying it anymore, fans didn't want me anymore, it wasn't going how I planned - I could have played the game in Finland, got sacked and got millions."

Apparently not being a greedy arsehole like so many others I could mention is a bad thing.

Apart from his more obvious good traits - charisma, motovational skills, etc. his integrity is second to none.

I know he is only just started, but does anyone really see this as a long term appointment, and by that I mean 5 years+?

First job is to get us back in the top 6, qualifying for europe and having a team which has at least a chance of winning the Uefa, FA or Carling Cup. Then, why not 5 years?

5 days in and I'm still buzzing, keep randomly chanting "Keeegan, Keeeegan" and "Walking Along..." Was at a party on Friday night (in Sweden), were someone from Turkey was telling me how Newcastle are shite and its only worth supporting Chelsea or Manure, fuck me did he get an earful of the Keegan chants for the next half an hour of the party, arsehole.

When the hype and excitement dies down and the logic and rationale comes forth you have to have some doubts. Short term I think he will be great for the club, longer term, and by that I mean over 18 months there has to be some serious doubts.

Guest Knightrider

I'm far more confident about the long term under KK than the short term which I think will be a difficult few hurdles to overcome and an area where we must be very patient and supportive if we are to get back into the top 6. If we are not, we an forget it, KK or not. Thankfully I think we will be patient and supportive.

bird on newsround is a newcastle fan, just talked about it out of thin air

I think Ellie Crissell,(not sure about the surname spelling), who sometimes does it, used to be on the Tyne Tees news.

Good looking, and a Toon fan. What more can you ask for?