This forum - why the change of tune?

Turnbull2000

From another thread...

I'm shocked to see so many on this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

To me, the return of Keegan reinforces the outside perception that this club is currently shackled by sentiment and delusion - that only those with an 'understanding' and 'feel' for the Geordie Nation need apply, as the despicable Alan Oliver often reminds us. Keegan had his time and failed. He rode the crest of wave then came crashing back down, unable to deal with the pressure. He was soon found wanting (tactically) at international level.

But I naturally wish him well and hope that he does turn us around.

And...

Maybe I don't spend enough time on here to truly gauge the thoughts and opinions of the NO regulars. But doesn't this appointment go against everything we've clamoured for and criticised? We've clamoured for a tactically astute, and preferably foreign (through lack of English?) manager with the reputation to attract players from across the continent, someone capable of rising above the pressure and taking on the likes of Fergie and Wenger. Think Hitzfield, or Dechamps even. Then we've criticized Oliver for 'miss-representing' the fans in his calls for a manager with an understanding of the Geordie culture, or the kids you see screaming on SSN supposedly embarrassing the club.

I can't help but feel we're being blinded by sentiment. Keegan had his time here and this is another step back IMO.

Guest elbee909

Who fuking cares, something special just happened, i'm not going to let rational thought spoil things.

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon.

I understand completely the OP's sentiments, but after three straight managers who stifled creativity and either bored us to tears or made us furious with negative tactics, this is a breath of fresh air.

If Keegan fails, hire Deschamps.  But this club needs positivity and solidarity right now more than it needs "outside respect" or what have you.  Keegan is the ultimate embodiment of that positivity.

Guest elbee909

Who cares, whats done is done. All we can do now is get behind the team.

Ok, let's not have one single more post then.  What else needs to be said?  Hell of a lot of people coming on here saying "SHUT UP DON'T SAY ANYTHING DON'T ARGUE JUST GET BEHIND THE TEAM.  FOR GOD'S SAKE - I MEAN, KEEGAN'S SAKE - GET BEHIND THE TEAM.  DO NOT CRITICISE THE KEEGAN APPOINTMENT.  OMGWTF YOU ARE GAY IF YOU AREN'T JIZZING ON YOUR PICTURE OF KEEGAN RIGHT NOW!!!!111oneonefivenilfivenil".

Etc.

Guest DONTOONER

From another thread...

I'm shocked to see so many on this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

To me, the return of Keegan reinforces the outside perception that this club is currently shackled by sentiment and delusion - that only those with an 'understanding' and 'feel' for the Geordie Nation need apply, as the despicable Alan Oliver often reminds us. Keegan had his time and failed. He rode the crest of wave then came crashing back down, unable to deal with the pressure. He was soon found wanting (tactically) at international level.

But I naturally wish him well and hope that he does turn us around.

And...

Maybe I don't spend enough time on here to truly gauge the thoughts and opinions of the NO regulars. But doesn't this appointment go against everything we've clamoured for and criticised? We've clamoured for a tactically astute, and preferably foreign (through lack of English?) manager with the reputation to attract players from across the continent, someone capable of rising above the pressure and taking on the likes of Fergie and Wenger. Think Hitzfield, or Dechamps even. Then we've criticized Oliver for 'miss-representing' the fans in his calls for a manager with an understanding of the Geordie culture, or the kids you see screaming on SSN supposedly embarrassing the club.

I can't help but feel we're being blinded by sentiment. Keegan had his time here and this is another step back IMO.

Who cares, whats done is done. All we can do now is get behind the team.

Ok, let's not have one single more post then.  What else needs to be said?  Hell of a lot of people coming on here saying "SHUT UP DON'T SAY ANYTHING DON'T ARGUE JUST GET BEHIND THE TEAM.  FOR GOD'S SAKE - I MEAN, KEEGAN'S SAKE - GET BEHIND THE TEAM.  DO NOT CRITICISE THE KEEGAN APPOINTMENT.  OMGWTF YOU ARE GAY IF YOU AREN'T JIZZING ON YOUR PICTURE OF KEEGAN RIGHT NOW!!!!111oneonefivenilfivenil".

Etc.

Keegan= Stepping Stone And Morale booster

Might be a good short term appointment and hope for attracting better managers ONLY in the Frame of Hitz, Mourhino , Lippi ,Scolari , Hiddink, Frank.

I would still deem the rest risky in terms of taking us to the top. Honestly Proven Batch liked i mention or passion like keegan and shearer.

The likes of harry, shearer alone , souness and hughes scares me. The rest of the euro managers mention are good but we just might end up like spurs of man city....Its All or Nothing for me.

Being a Newcastle fan is all about passion, blind loyalty and letting your heart rule your head.  If we let our heads rule then we'd all be ManU fans.

Guest elbee909

Being a Newcastle fan is all about passion, blind loyalty and letting your heart rule your head.

I agree, that's the job of the fan.  Doesn't mean you can't have an opinion with your head, though.