Alan Shearer

NE5

getting on my tits.

Why is he keep saying all we want is entertainment ?

its the same as when he has said in the past that we would rather win the FA Cup than the league ?

Don't know what people are expecting from him really...

He's a selfish cunt attention whore because he didnt say NUFC had contacted him last week and you'd have said he was a selfish cunt had he dilvulged it also for being a shit stirer and wanting the attention.

I agree with NE5. Saw a quote on SSN today saying 'and if they ship goals, it won't worry Kevin one bit' or something similar - honestly, what a tit. I suppose Shearer expects Keegan to crack a smile everytime we lose a goal.

Saying that, I do hope he gets involved because KK will infect him with the passion, drive and ambition - things I feel Shearer doesn't seem to show enough of (from hearing him commentate).

I agree with NE5. Saw a quote on SSN today saying 'and if they ship goals, it won't worry Kevin one bit' or something similar - honestly, what a tit. I suppose Shearer expects Keegan to crack a smile everytime we lose a goal.

Saying that, I do hope he gets involved because KK will infect him with the passion, drive and ambition - things I feel Shearer doesn't seem to show enough of (from hearing him commentate).

Keegan is positive minded, thats all. The first players he brought in first time round were Beresford, Venison and Bracewell. Being positive minded is a great strength, totally different to being gung ho. Having talented players and playing so they show their talent is how the successful teams are successful.

We conceded 2 goals more than the team who beat us to the title, and if we had had their goalkeeper, we would probably have done it. No disrespect to either Pav or Shaka. Don't say Keegan wasn't aware of this because I damn well bet that he was.

But when people insinuate that we are "happy" to lose 4-3, it just makes us look like idiots, the same as saying we would rather win the FA Cup than any other trophy. Pile of bollocks, and if Shearer would, he isn't speaking for me.

Guest Knightrider

It's quite sad to see Shearer sound so desperate and so unsure about his status at Newcastle. I think he misses being involved. We can't possibly begin to imagine what it must feel like for him no longer being involved or how the urge to take over must eat away at someone like him. I hope he comes back, I'd be much happier with Shearer alongside KK than with KK going it alone as Shearer and KK would be a much stronger team and therefore so would NUFC. If I'm a 15 year-old wonder kid of a striker I don't really know much about Keegan, but Shearer? I'd have all his DVDs and he'd probably be my hero. We could do with that kind of pulling power. KK is huge in himself but lets not get carried away. He pretty much did everything on his own the last time around, and needs help as the club has changed. What better man than Shearer. But only if the two accept things and work together.

It's quite sad to see Shearer sound so desperate and so unsure about his status at Newcastle. I think he misses being involved. We can't possibly begin to imagine what it must feel like for him no longer being involved or how the urge to take over must eat away at someone like him. I hope he comes back, I'd be much happier with Shearer alongside KK than with KK going it alone as Shearer and KK would be a much stronger team and therefore so would NUFC. If I'm a 15 year-old wonder kid of a striker I don't really know much about Keegan, but Shearer? I'd have all his DVDs and he'd probably be my hero. We could do with that kind of pulling power. KK is huge in himself but lets not get carried away. He pretty much did everything on his own the last time around, and needs help as the club has changed. What better man than Shearer. But only if the two accept things and work together.

Maybe feeling sorry for him is the wrong word - I for one would love to score just one goal for Newcastle, never mind being the clubs record goalscorer, but he must be hugely pissed off that he signed for Keegan, expected to win trophies, and then just as his career is over, Keegan comes back.

Understandable. Don't get me wrong, I idolised Shearer as much as the next man, but I wish he would represent us properly. Not everybody wants to be entertained regardless of the result, which is what it appears he is saying, or how people outside the area will perceive it. The comment about winning the FA Cup rather than the league - well, he should just leave that out, because that really does make us look daft to other football supporters.

Neither Keegan nor Shearer have sounded fantastically keen about the idea of a partnership. It doesn't sound like Shearer wants to be Keegan's number 2 (or anyone else's), and if he does have a role it's likely to be a limited and specific one that won't infringe on his TV work.

People seem to be interpreting this 'we'll talk about it' business as though it meant a lot. They both sound tentative to me.

Keegan mentioned this 'entertainment' topic today, and noone said a word.

The Alan Shearer bashers are back for their yearly moan.  :thup:

No he didn't say that at all. He said they first want to win something. As for Alan Shearer "bashing", you couldn't be more wrong, and where have you materialised from anyway

Guest Knightrider

Maybe feeling sorry for him is the wrong word - I for one would love to score just one goal for Newcastle, never mind being the clubs record goalscorer, but he must be hugely pissed off that he signed for Keegan, expected to win trophies, and then just as his career is over, Keegan comes back.

Understandable. Don't get me wrong, I idolised Shearer as much as the next man, but I wish he would represent us properly. Not everybody wants to be entertained regardless of the result, which is what it appears he is saying, or how people outside the area will perceive it. The comment about winning the FA Cup rather than the league - well, he should just leave that out, because that really does make us look daft to other football supporters.

To be fair and to use your own words, he's kind of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I think the real Shearer has spoken out in recent days, someone who loves the club and would love to be part of it again. He missed the boat in terms of trophies and I'm sure his biggest wish is to one day take the club to trophies as manager or if before that, as part of KK's backroom team.

His comments these past few days read like "hey, I'm still around you know, don't forget about me" and to be fair what he's done for the club as a player he has a right to feel that way. I'm sure he'll be back and to me it would add icing to the cake.

Keegan: I know what these people want

Journo: What do they want?

Keegan: To be entertained

Guest Knightrider

Neither Keegan nor Shearer have sounded fantastically keen about the idea of a partnership. It doesn't sound like Shearer wants to be Keegan's number 2 (or anyone else's), and if he does have a role it's likely to be a limited and specific one that won't infringe on his TV work.

People seem to be interpreting this 'we'll talk about it' business as though it meant a lot. They both sound tentative to me.

You must have missed KK's I'd love to have him on board comments then.

I don't think we need to be reading too much into things here. KK is bigger than Shearer and will not feel under any threat with Shearer as number 2 while Shearer knows there is no-one better to leave him a good club one day than the man who brought him here in the first place, his idol. Win win with the two together I reckon, for the two.

Guest Knightrider

Oh and this entertained stuff, I think KK and indeed Shearer means in a winning way. It's probably so obvious and goes without saying they forget to include the winning matches thing. Again, lets not read too much into things eh...

To be fair and to use your own words, he's kind of damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I think the real Shearer has spoken out in recent days, someone who loves the club and would love to be part of it again. He missed the boat in terms of trophies and I'm sure his biggest wish is to one day take the club to trophies as manager or if before that, as part of KK's backroom team.

His comments these past few days read like "hey, I'm still around you know, don't forget about me" and to be fair what he's done for the club as a player he has a right to feel that way. I'm sure he'll be back and to me it would add icing to the cake.

I do feel now that what I posted is harsh, its just the way it came out. I don't mean it to sound that way, I'm sure Shearer himself knows we want to win things before simply being "entertained", but it really does make us look stupid in the eyes of the media for saying we would prefer to win the FA Cup than the league. I wouldn't.

I agree with you that he deserves to be part of any success that comes along by the way. He was a fantastic signing, and a world class player who stayed at the club. As you know, this hasn't always been the case with our own.

I am hopefully going to see us win this trophy over the next few years, with the manager who deserves it more than anybody, and it would be nice to see Shearer involved too.

I don't think we need to be reading too much into things here. KK is bigger than Shearer and will not feel under any threat with Shearer as number 2 while Shearer knows there is no-one better to leave him a good club one day than the man who brought him here in the first place, his idol. Win win with the two together I reckon, for the two.

yes I agree with that. Keegan is possibly the only man Shearer would be number 2 to at Newcastle. I would say also that I think Keegan should keep Pearson on, or bring in someone like Chris Coleman, his old captain at Fulham, to do what Fazackerly did the first time round as well.

No he didn't say that at all. He said they first want to win something. As for Alan Shearer "bashing", you couldn't be more wrong, and where have you materialised from anyway

Been here for years pal.

getting on my tits.

Why is he keep saying all we want is entertainment ?

its the same as when he has said in the past that we would rather win the FA Cup than the league ?

Why is he getting on your tits? he is entitled to his opinion as much as the next person.  Let him be.

I saw the press conference all right. Both men seem to be saying the right things when questioned, but underneath, I can't detect much real enthusiasm, that's all.

Shearer hasn't shown any desire for any other role other than manager. They're both strong, imposing personalities who want to run things their way. What's more, they haven't spoken for a few years, which is a little surprising. Unless Shearer has quite a limited role, I can't see it happening.