Remaining Games...Reality Check

mrmojorisin75

Some of us have been worried about this for months while others were going on about how Allardyce was doing great as we were in 9th, 10th, 11th, etc.

Have any of the people saying there's no chance of us getting relegated actually looked at our remaining fixtures? Under Allardyce, mrmojorisin75's predictions would have been very optomistic. Without a dramatic change in form we will not get more than 2 or 3 more points from our remaining away fixtures as all the "easy" games have already been squandered. We are reliant for points on home games against Blackburn, Fulham, Reading, 2 derbies & 2 "big 4" clubs. 5 of those we'd like to think we'd win, but as we've seen with Bolton & Derby we can easily slip up, especially if a team comes to defend.

If we go into the last 7 games on less than 40 points, unless there are 3 clear relegation candidates at least 10 points below us, I for one will be very very worried.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but it's been preying on my mind - amidst the euphoria of Keegans return the difficulty of our remaining games has been conveniently forgotten.  Here's how I see it going based on our usual record at certain places and possible new signings/keegan factor etc...

<snipped>

Please don't post fixtures on the site please.

Total - 16 points? (plus the 27 we've got is 43)

Now for me some of those home wins could easily slip into draws whereas the likelihood of the away games we have left turning into wins is pretty slim.

I suppose the point I'm making is I reckon it'd be nice for Kev to publicly acknowledge how hard the remainder of this season is going to be and that relegation is a very serious threat.  Might be sensible to make more of an effort for his signings too, what's the hold up like?  Thought we had a bottomless pit of cash?

Is this an overly pessimistic assesment?  I don't think so, perhaps optimistic in places given I'm assuming Keegan can get us breaking down teams at home for a change.

I'll probably get slaughtered 'cause no-one seems to want to think about anything other than which superstar signing will crop up in the papers next, but we have more pressing matters at hand.

You shouldn't be ashamed of bringing this up - I have mentioned this in the past few weeks and there are far too many who are just not able to acknowledge just how tough the run-in is ; they think we are better than any of the teams below us, despite our poor showing against these sides..

We have dropped 2 points against Bolton, and came close to losing in the end - it will NOT be a cakewalk until the end of the season and I guess KK knows it but cannot acknowledge the fact because he needs to create confidence in the players.

Reading, Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland, Fulham, Derby.

Who can seriously see at least six of those teams finishing above us?  Five of them don't even have any away wins!

There's no way we're in any danger of relegation.

You have not exactly picked the right teams to compare us with, have you ..!??

Reading, Derby, Wigan have all beaten us ; Bolton easily got a point last week at SJP(almost 3..) ;

Boro not playing badly(witness Arsenal defeat at Riverside) and won't lie down at SJP, Mackems almost beat us at SOL and will try like hell at SJP..Brum away is always a difficult fixture  ; only Fulham look like a team on the down, so don't be too sure they are all worse than us - unless we get some decent players in it will be a nervy end to the season.

Reading, Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland

We have between 5 - 7 on these teams below us, these teams all have to play each other as well.  I just cant see any of them hitting enough form to claw back the points difference on us and finish above us.

For us to finish 3rd bottom all the teams quoted are going to have to play shit hot.

Reading, Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Wigan, Sunderland

We have between 5 - 7 on these teams below us, these teams all have to play each other as well.  I just cant see any of them hitting enough form to claw back the points difference on us and finish above us.

For us to finish 3rd bottom all the teams quoted are going to have to play shit hot.

Something lots of people seem to ignore. Us being rubbish doesn't automatically make them brilliant. They're down there already because they are crap.

Something lots of people seem to ignore. Us being rubbish doesn't automatically make them brilliant. They're down there already because they are crap.

:thup:

As I said, we already have 5 - 7 pts on them.  I know which points total i'd rather have.

As I said, we already have 5 - 7 pts on them.  I know which points total i'd rather have.

depends on what their fixtures are like. I'd be surprised if their run-ins are as difficult as ours, so I wouldn't get too complacent just yet.

depends on what their fixtures are like. I'd be surprised if their run-ins are as difficult as ours, so I wouldn't get too complacent just yet

They all have to play each other, they will be dropping points and doing each other in.  Plus we have boro and Sunderlando at home.

depends on what their fixtures are like. I'd be surprised if their run-ins are as difficult as ours, so I wouldn't get too complacent just yet.

If they've played half of the season and are shit, why will playing the same teams again make them less than shit? I don't get it.

That means they'll be picking points up as well though...

Aye but at the same time starving the other teams at the bottom of gaining enough momentum of getting out of it.

They are also relying on us not picking any points up, which i cant see happening.

I think we'll stumble to safety while the rest thrash it out.

Just a general reminder that we're not allowed to post our remaining fixtures on the site. In any shape or form.

Cheers.  :thup:

Why is that?, I find that a bit f****** ridiculous! not that it's a state secret or anything it's published on the Newcastle Football Club website.

It's a pain in the arse but you have to have a license (which you have to pay for) in order to publish fixtures and we don't have it. It's stupid but we run the risk of being shut down if they're posted as we don't have the relevant permissions. Sahree.

It does seem absolutely incredible that people can try to charge people for a couple of words!  Will they be charging for the word 'and' next??

Does anyone have a link to any details on this because I just find it hard to believe it can be this crazy.  I mean I can get my head around licensing for an entire fixture list, or even half of one, but not a few names, especially if they're not even in the correct order (its not even a fixture list if there in the wrong order! :lol:)

It doesn't make pleasant reading, in this respect it would have been wiser to let Sam stay until the end of the season at least he would have made some signings and kept continuity going.

Its exactly that continuity which could have seen us relegated though..  We got 9 points from our last 13 games under sam with a loss and a draw against the Premiership whipping boys, and the games were just about to get harder.

If they've played half of the season and are shit, why will playing the same teams again make them less than shit? I don't get it.

When shit teams play each other, one of them will get points regardless of them both being shit. Which is why we need to pick up points and considering our fixtures aren't the easiest, it might not be straightforward. It's not likely to happen but there is enough reason not to take anything for granted.