Tonight's games

Dave

Does anyone think they will be talking about Ronaldo in 20-30 years time like people talk about Pele and Maradonna?

Dont know about that but he's definatly better than a certain Brazilian playing in Italy.

At the same age? Not a f****** chance.

Really? I think it you mean Ronaldo btw? How many goals did Ronaldo score when he was C.Ronaldo's age? Im not saying he WASNT better, but to say he wouldnt stand a chance is abit much, C.Ronaldo could well score more goals that Ronaldo did in the season he was CR's age, and considering CR is a wide midfielder and Ronaldo is a striker, that is pretty pretty special.

Ronaldo was younger than C.Ronaldo. when he scored 39 goals in 44 games in one season for Barcelona.

Fair point, but C.Ronaldo has 27 in something like 21, could easily beat 39 with the form he is in. Its great for us that we can have this debate now tbh, could never get bored of seeing this kind of player about :D

It's not even a debate tbf.

No player since that period has reached the heights Ronaldo did for those couple of seasons, nobody has shown they are that good. Not even Zidane, not even Rivaldo nor Ronaldinho and many others.

one point is that ronaldo is a winger, not technically a striker. Not only does he score that ridiculous amount of goals as a winger, look at his assists, he sets up so many more (partly a result of having a good striker like rooney to score on his nice passes). Hard to compare across different times, and across different leagues, and across different positions, but if you asked me which player I would rather build my team around, C. Ronaldo now or Ronaldo at the same age, I would seriously consider C. Ronaldo now. Forget who's "better", just being able to say that much is amazing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo#Career_stats

3 assists.

2126: Crockwatch - Jonathan Woodgate starts to limp for Spurs at Goodison Park..

:D

Played the full 90 and was by far the MOTM according to the radio (They were jizzing over his performance tonight tbh).

For Spurs he was MOTM but Lescott and Valente were both better than him.

Reading the papers this morning you'd think Beckenbauer had rolled back the years and played for Tottenham last night, southern wankers in the press wind me up.

Rubbish match btw.

:kasper:

I see that Carragher actually managed to give away a penalty last night.  Credit to the lad, he's been trying to do that for years now and he's finally managed it.

You see, he's just tried to give another one away.  Blocking a show with his arm on the six yard line but the referee was having none of it.  It just highlights how big an achievement it was for him during the week.