Parker and Nobby

oldtype

The problem with getting rid of Parker, Dyer and Nobby was not they were necessarily irreplaceable or even bad sales.

The problem was just that Allardyce replaced them with bargain basement garbage.

The problem was more to do with the fact that the board did not back Allardyce. The money he had to spend on replacements was not enough together with the fact he had to buy a completely new defence.

People can argue who was better, Parker or Barton/Dyer or Smith but at the end of the day they are all roughly at the same level, either inconsistent/injury prone/bad life style choices or just not that good! How many goals have the whole lot scored for Newcastle in their time here? I guess it's no where near enough! You can also throw in Emre and Butt into the same category too. With all these players we've mostly just been an averagee mid table team swapping £4-£6 million pound midfielders every few years and not moving forward!

@quayside

Duff is plenty quick

@macphisto

I disagree. Especially about Barton. He was cheaper than he should've been because of off field concerns-- and we're paying for those. But he's not "on the same level" as Parker. Different class entirely. I (still) think he'll come off big.

i miss dyer and jenas very much.

Why?  Because Jenas has had a couple of good games recently for Spurs?  let's not have everyone saying how much they loved him and pretending they never wanted him to leave.

And just think, if everyone put as much effort into supporting these players when they were at the club, giving them a lift instead of knocking them down all the time, then they might have been able to fulfil there potential and they might still be here.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: ditto

Regards,

Ericz