David Bentley

James

Better than Rosicky or Hleb!?! Rosicky has always been world class and Hleb has had a phenomenaly good season.

Bentley is excellent but he's not as good as either of them.

Rosicky, world class?..  :frantic:

He didn't actually look that good last night from the stands. Better than Gerrard though, who was piss poor.

Soopafan ;) Gerrard still set-up a goal however.

That alone means he deserves the Gerrard wankathon the media subject us too.

I know. Fabulous ball by him though according to the Liverpool Old Boys Network aka the BBC. I thought he was ordinary on the night btw.

Part-exchange for Milner and I think Blackburn would listen to our bid.

I think they would still be looking for around £10 million even with Milner thrown in.

Would be a good deal all round then. We get a much better right-winger, Blackburn get a watered-down version of Bentley, still decent enough at Premiership level, plus £10m to spend on their squad.

Guest kingdawson

Better than Rosicky or Hleb!?! Rosicky has always been world class and Hleb has had a phenomenaly good season.

Bentley is excellent but he's not as good as either of them.

Rosicky, world class?..  :frantic:

It really is a joke tbh. The guy is a talented footballer but he's simply not consistant enough. He'll score a cracker and look a world beater one week, than he'll have another 4 weeks of playing shit/average. Hleb on the other hand is a better player. Walcott is simply crap.

Guest Stephen927

Huge fan of Bentley.

If N'Zogbia goes in the summer, would be good to have him and Jimmy on the flanks and swapping over.

I reckon he'll go for about £17m to a team like Newcastle or Man City.

Huge fan of Bentley.

If N'Zogbia goes in the summer, would be good to have him and Jimmy on the flanks and swapping over.

Two right wingers? planning on playing Milner wide left then ?

Huge fan of Bentley.

Two right wingers? planning on playing Milner wide left then ?

For me, Milner is better on the left than the right.

Guest Knightrider

He'd be worth as much as £20m to a club like us. Top young player and massively improved. Not the quickest but has quick feet which means he can get away from players just as much as he would if he were quick. Anywhere from £15 to £20m would see Blackburn snatch someone's hands off and not because he's not worth it, but because that would give Mark Hughes the funds to really strengthen his Blackburn side in a few areas, or Rovers much needed revenue which they don't get as much as others do. We would stand a good chance too so long as the top 4 or a club like Spurs were not interested, especially at that kind of price which would be too good to turn down as was our £15m for Shearer. Go in with £10m though and they'd rightly tell us to piss off.

Don't see what's the big deal with Bently. He is much better than our RW (almosy anybody is) but one good international game against Switzerland and suddenly he is the new David Beckham....please  bluelaugh.gif

Have you been watching him for Blackburn?

Guest f***thepress

He'd be worth as much as £20m to a club like us. Top young player and massively improved. Not the quickest but has quick feet which means he can get away from players just as much as he would if he were quick. Anywhere from £15 to £20m would see Blackburn snatch someone's hands off and not because he's not worth it, but because that would give Mark Hughes the funds to really strengthen his Blackburn side in a few areas, or Rovers much needed revenue which they don't get as much as others do. We would stand a good chance too so long as the top 4 or a club like Spurs were not interested, especially at that kind of price which would be too good to turn down as was our £15m for Shearer. Go in with £10m though and they'd rightly tell us to piss off.

If he keeps improving that could go up to £25 m , hes head and shoulders above other english players his age...good luck Kev if you try to get him!

Don't see what's the big deal with Bently. He is much better than our RW (almosy anybody is) but one good international game against Switzerland and suddenly he is the new David Beckham....please  bluelaugh.gif

yes I have and yes he has been good for Blackburn. But I was referring to his performace for Englad though. If Bently wants to be compared to Beckham, he needs to consistently perform for England and not just against the likes of Switzerland. 

Guest maddog2

Ash4,

Its always good to support your players. But come on, are you telling that Rosicky has had a better season than Bentley? Look at the boys form, scoring, assists, set pieces, tracking back. most things rosicky is useless at ( set pieces and tracking back mainly ).

More than anything else rosicky goes missing half of the time in a season, bentley doesn't.

Hleb on other hand, has been on another level this season. more consistent than fabregas.

Rosicky, despite being in and out of the squad has scored 7 goals in 19 starts.

Bentley has 8 goals in 33 starts.

Bentley would be a more valuable squad member at the moment because Rosicky is always out injured. But it's clear who's better, Rosicky or Bentley, defintely Rosicky.

And Rosicky does really track back. Watch Arsenal games. Just because he isn't a physical player like Bentley doesn't mean he doesn't track back.

And ofcourse it'd be foolish to expect him to cross as that is not a part of Arsenals game at all.

yes I have and yes he has been good for Blackburn. But I was referring to his performace for Englad though. If Bently wants to be compared to Beckham, he needs to consistently perform for England and not just against the likes of Switzerland.  

you said 'don't see what the big deal is with Bentley.' His performances for Blackburn this season and last should explain the current hype

you said 'don't see what the big deal is with Bentley.' His performances for Blackburn this season and last should explain the current hype

Think you need to read my statement in context. I followed my "big deal" statement by suggesting that he has not proven himself consistently at the international stage (though I accept that he has only played very few games for England). Hence my statement was in context of his performances for England. We obviously have different thrasholds of what constitute "big deal". For me a player needs to perform consistently for the national team at the highest level (Euros or World Cup) before he can become a "big deal". 

Guest johnnyappleseed

what's the point of comparing him to arsenal's wide players when wenger doesn't feel he has the pace necessary to play out wide for arsenal.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article3346375.ece

“For me he was always more a central player than a wide player,” Wenger said. “Why? Because he’s not especially pacy. I had Dennis Bergkamp, so he [bentley] said: ‘I will not get in front of Bergkamp so I go.’ ”