Are we a graveyard club?

Theregulars

I think it is more a case that we have made a policy of paying over the odds in both transfer fees and wages. As a result, players are inevitably a disappointment.

To compound this, unfortunately but unavoidably professional players are motivated by money, especially the types who will come to a club like ours simply because we offer higher wages. Once players are on already inflated wages there is not the motivation for them to play better and get an improved contract. Play good, play s****, they still get the same at the end of the year.

Also makes it very hard to get rid of players as none want to take a wage cut, as a result players end up hitting rock bottom here.

I agree with this, my solution would be to get in players that want to play for Newcastle.  I know it's a cliche, but where are the new Beardsley's, Gascoigne's and shearer's? If the club had put the amount of money into decent training facilities in the area, instead of OTT transfer fees and wages for some of the players listed on this thread, we may of seen some decent players emerge.

Some others - Andreas Anderson, Tomasson, Emre, Viduka

Can it be because we lack leaders in our squad? Its harder to settle in for new players?

Harsh to add Viduka to the list tbh. He's still a decent player and he's only faltering now because of fitness and that comes naturally with age.

Some others - Andreas Anderson, Tomasson, Emre, Viduka

Can it be because we lack leaders in our squad? Its harder to settle in for new players?

Harsh to add Viduka to the list tbh. He's still a decent player and he's only faltering now because of fitness and that comes naturally with age.

True. Also note that we are far from the first club to see the V-Bomber produce moments of class, interspersed by injuries and generally being overweight and out of shape.

Players bought from better teams with better managers who no longer want them are bound to disappoint.

Owen and Duff both had their best days long behind them when they signed for NUFC. That's not to say they're not still great players, but the Owen of 2001 is long, long gone.