Geremi - Excellent at right back in African Nations...

buzza

What you've got to remember is that all of our players were gash under Allardyce with the exceptions of Beye and Faye. Keegan will ask Geremi to do things very differently and we might actually start seeing the player we thought he was before he came here. Owen was absolutely woeful under Allardyce (when he played) but he's scored 3 goals in our last 5 games under Keegan and is starting to show what he can do again. Give Geremi a second chance. Anyone who watched Cameroon's games at the ACN will have seen what the guy is capable of.

He's capable of virtually nothing.

Beye at RB for me, we need a solid back four all this swapping them around doe snot help them learn how to become a solid unit, the only question on the back four should be does Faye take over from Taylor or does he play in midfield.

Beye----Cacapa------Faye------Enrique

or

Beye----Taylor------Cacapa---Enrique

Geremi was one of the best players in the tournament, most of cameroon's attacks started with him, and he hit lots of sweet passes and good crosses. he reminded me a bit of when Solano played RB for us under Roeder. but i wouldnt play him there as Beye is one of our best performers. I'd play Geremi in central midfield, his movement is no worse than Butt's, he is just as strong/weak as him but his passing is on another level and we tend to play much better as a team when he is in there. he is closest we have to a Deschamps/Makelele esque water-carrier, gets the ball and plays it quickly, simply and accurately. Butt on the other hand hesitates, tries to buy space, leans back and attempt a hollywood ball to the corner flag. Geremi is quicker to release the ball and more intuitive, and when he hits it long it's better than Butt's passing over the same range. pair him up alongside Emre at home, Barton away.

That's a very naive comment Parky. Did you watch the ACN?

If you didn't I suggest you get yourself on Youtube pronto!

Watched 7 games.

I don't rate Geremi sorry to dissapoint.

Suggesting him ahead of Beye is the height of naivety if you don't mind me saying.

He hasn't got the distribution or legs for a DM role.

Geremi was one of the best players in the tournament, most of cameroon's attacks started with him, and he hit lots of sweet passes and good crosses. he reminded me a bit of when Solano played RB for us under Roeder. but i wouldnt play him there as Beye is one of our best performers. I'd play Geremi in central midfield, his movement is no worse than Butt's, he is just as strong/weak as him but his passing is on another level and we tend to play much better as a team when he is in there. he is closest we have to a Deschamps/Makelele esque water-carrier, gets the ball and plays it quickly, simply and accurately. Butt on the other hand hesitates, tries to buy space, leans back and attempt a hollywood ball to the corner flag. Geremi is quicker to release the ball and more intuitive, and when he hits it long it's better than Butt's passing over the same range. pair him up alongside Emre at home, Barton away.

Rinse your  mouth out.  :razz:

You need to stop smoking crack jp. lol

He was alright in slow paced hum drum games in a poor tournament populated by average sides.

I didn't suggest him ahead of Beye. I said Beye had been excellent at RB this season and shouldn't be moved. I suggested Geremi play on the right of midfield with Milner moving into the centre next to Faye.

Why in gods name should Geremi play on the RM?

He was alright in slow paced hum drum games in a poor tournament populated by average sides.

agree i wouldn't read too much into the ANC. Geremi looked class and Beye looked shit, but i know who i'd rather have at RB in the premiership.

Re: him in midfield, i'm talking about his appearances for us when he tended to be alongside Butt earlier in the season. Geremi would stay back, read the game and help start off the attacks whereas Butt was given more licence to roam upfield and speculate a bit more. it worked ok, though because we were looking to Butt as our creative fulcrum the team as a whole looked hugely one-dimensional. Geremi was ok in his role, nothing special but imo the best we have for that position. now that Butt has dropped back to DM again he looks pap.

agree i wouldn't read too much into the ANC. Geremi looked class and Beye looked shit, but i know who i'd rather have at RB in the premiership.

Re: him in midfield, i'm talking about his appearances for us when he tended to be alongside Butt earlier in the season. Geremi would stay back, read the game and help start off the attacks whereas Butt was given more licence to roam upfield and speculate a bit more. it worked ok, though because we were looking to Butt as our creative fulcrum the team as a whole looked hugely one-dimensional. Geremi was ok in his role, nothing special but imo the best we have for that position. now that Butt has dropped back to DM again he looks pap.

Fair enough.

Because he's a superb crosser of the ball. Our strikers are lacking service because Milner and Duff can't cross for shit and our central midfielders don't know how to pass the ball forward. With Geremi on the right and Milner in the centre we address both issues

Because he's a superb crosser of the ball. Our strikers are lacking service because Milner and Duff can't cross for shit and our central midfielders don't know how to pass the ball forward. With Geremi on the right and Milner in the centre we address both issues

...and how is this dumptruck gonna get into dangerous positions to cross the ball??

He was pretty good but he will be on a downer after losing aswell as being knackered so nah.

The next game is in 12 days time though.

Oh aye forgot that but still I would prefer Enrique and Beye, as you were saying defensive midfield is a possibility considering how inept Butt is.

And Barton. Emre and Geremi perhaps?

Yep they deserve a chance although my personal choice for DM would be Faye as i think the defence improves as a whole when he plays that position.

He doesn't have to get to the bi-line to put the ball in the box. Most of his crosses at the ACN were from deep and they were deadly accurate.

Beckham's game doesn't rely on pace but he's still the most effective right-sided midfielder in the game

He doesn't have to get to the bi-line to put the ball in the box. Most of his crosses at the ACN were from deep and they were deadly accurate.

Beckham's game doesn't rely on pace but he's still the most effective right-sided midfielder in the game

You've lost me.

In what way have i lost you? You asked how he was going to get into dangerous positions to put the ball in the box. Well, if he can cross the ball accurately from almost anywhere inside the final third then every position is a potentially dangerous one. N'est pas?

Is this the same Geremi we're talking about?

He's played at right back already for us this season and looked just as fucking pathetic as he did in midfield and on the wing. He simply isn't good enough.

Guest ChickenKiev

You've lost me.

You must get lost quite easily. Makes sense what he's saying. You don't have to agree but it's pretty straight forward what he's saying.

He's played at right back already for us this season and looked just as fucking pathetic as he did in midfield and on the wing. He simply isn't good enough.

Played RWB didn't he? Against Liverpool. Hung out to dry in that game iyam. Not sure when else he's played RB. I think people are discussing short-term rather than long-term solutions in any case but moving Beye from there would seem daft.

Thanks Andy.

Some fucking sense at last.

You've lost me.

You must get lost quite easily. Makes sense what he's saying. You don't have to agree but it's pretty straight forward what he's saying.

He's saying if Beckham was black and playing at the ACON surrounded by healthy mobile black men it could work. Is that right?  :lol:

You've lost me.

He's saying if Beckham was black and playing at the ACON surrounded by healthy mobile black men it could work. Is that right?  :lol:

No. Completely obvious as to the point he was making btw.

You've lost me.

No. Completely obvious as to the point he was making btw.

I'm convinced...Geremi is the black Beckham. Sorted. lol