Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest MaetihS

Singapore is so hot and humid!!! anyway, am glad there are like-minded fans out there who are not as deluded as others. quite a few in fact. good for the forum. its all about opinions but those that say we are a bigger pull than Spurs really baffle me.

the reality is ashley is a spurs fan who bought nufc to take us out of the race for the top 4.  Instead we are (in THE plan) to compete for 7th every year and let spurs leap frog us.

Is that how you see it young one?

Given the way the club has been `managed` into the groundin last 12 months i can see the logic in this pov.  Doesnt make me happy though!

Guest Deep456

O'Hara ffs. That bugger's still at White Hart Lane now trying to get up from when Oba left him flat on his arse.

rather him than Guthrie. He looks good in other game. that day, Martins is just too good :)

I agree on this. O'hara is decent.

1) Why would you rather O'Hara than Guthrie, on the basis you probably haven't seen much of either of them?  O'Hara is a squad player at a significantly worse club that Guthrie.

2) How much would you pay for O'Hara?

Both questions to both of you.

How dare you say that about Spurs? You sicken me. :dave:

Let's be honest we all know Spurs>>Bolton so stop talking out of your Arse. Aimed at LLLO

Same friend who said we are signing De La Red and Aimar?

Notice I said or "De La Red or Aimar" and who's to say we won't?

Aimar close to signing for Benfica and Arsenal and your team Spurs in for De La Red

Hey some shit newspaper now proclaims that we are close to signing Aimar. Now its like for like, what will you do? The shit stories are everywhere? If it turns out I and my friend are right,  will you apologise?

O'Hara ffs. That bugger's still at White Hart Lane now trying to get up from when Oba left him flat on his arse.

rather him than Guthrie. He looks good in other game. that day, Martins is just too good :)

1) Why would you rather O'Hara than Guthrie, on the basis you probably haven't seen much of either of them?  O'Hara is a squad player at a significantly worse club that Guthrie.

Let's be honest we all know Spurs>>Bolton so stop talking out of your Arse. Aimed at LLLO

Aimar close to signing for Benfica and Arsenal and your team Spurs in for De La Red

Hey some shit newspaper now proclaims that we are close to signing Aimar. Now its like for like, what will you do? The shit stories are everywhere? If it turns out I and my friend are right,  will you apologise?

We won't sign Aimar.

Anyone believe the one about Duff to West Ham and Ferdinand to here? Seems to be doing the rounds darn sarf.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/topstories/display.var.2393659.0.hammers_talk_magpies_offer_duff_in_exchange_for_ferdinand.php

If that happens Zoggy stays..

Been linked with Myright Hairybollock today also.. Canny fella holds his own but does work better in a CN Paring with Myleft Hairybollock though..

Guest Deep456

Hey some s*** newspaper now proclaims that we are close to signing Aimar. Now its like for like, what will you do? The s*** stories are everywhere? If it turns out I and my friend are right,  will you apologise?

We won't sign Aimar.

Yes but I merely said a week ago that we are trying. So trying will be enough for myself to "win".

the reality is ashley is a spurs fan who bought nufc to take us out of the race for the top 4.  Instead we are (in THE plan) to compete for 7th every year and let spurs leap frog us.

Given the way the club has been `managed` into the groundin last 12 months i can see the logic in this pov.  Doesnt make me happy though!

Jesus Christ.

Guest Deep456

Jesus Christ.

He has come out and said recently he hates Spurs and all these rumours that Spurs are his first choice are nonsense. I can't find the quote sorry.

Anyone believe the one about Duff to West Ham and Ferdinand to here? Seems to be doing the rounds darn sarf.

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/topstories/display.var.2393659.0.hammers_talk_magpies_offer_duff_in_exchange_for_ferdinand.php

Been linked with Myright Hairybollock today also.. Canny fella holds his own but does work better in a CN Paring with Myleft Hairybollock though..

I read that link as "Magpies offer Duff in exchange for Friendship"

I read that link as "Magpies offer Duff in exchange for Friendship"

:lol: We are a lonely club it would be nice.

:D

Another on trial, another apparently being watched:

http://www.newspostleader.co.uk/newcastleunited/Bulgarian-the-latest-young-talent.4286510.jp

NEWCASTLE United's bid to snap up emerging talent at the earliest opportunity has resulted in a Bulgarian 16-year-old being offered a trial.

The club's recruitment policy of targeting top young players has aleady seen them sign a number of promising stars.

And now Bulgarian defender Georgy Terziev is the latest as he is already training with the club.

He joined the Magpies today after being granted permission by Nafteks to spend the week with the Premier League club.

This will be Terziev's second stint on TYneside having already been with United for a speall back in April.

Meanwhile, reports out of France claim Lens forward Kevin Monnet-Paquet is also being monitored by United's scouting system.

The 19-year-old is not willing to play Ligue 2 football next season and Newcastle are rumoured to be watching developments.

Nafteks sound like shit trainers.

Aye the buy em young make em top layers and sell them idea, suppose we shall see in the next 3 to 4 years.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/newcastle-consider-making-offer-young-fr-5512096.html

Newcastle Consider Transfer Offer For Young French Striker Monnet-Paquet

Submitted by Jake Briggs on Mon, 2008-07-14 18:11. Newcastle United Premiership Transfer News

Newcastle United are tracking young French striker Kevin Monnet-Paquet, who is currently playing for RC Lens in France.

19-year-old Monnet-Paquet made his debut for the Lens in 2006 on his 17th birthday, but is not prepared to play in Ligue 2 following Lens’ relegation last season from Ligue 1, the top-flight of French football.

Magpie scouts have been alert to this development, with it thought that the Premier League club are considering making an offer for the talented youngster to bring him to St James’ Park, according to reports in France.

Aye the buy em young make em top layers and sell them idea, suppose we shall see in the next 3 to 4 years.

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/newcastle-consider-making-offer-young-fr-5512096.html

Submitted by Jake Briggs on Mon, 2008-07-14 18:11. Newcastle United Premiership Transfer News

Newcastle United are tracking young French striker Kevin Monnet-Paquet, who is currently playing for RC Lens in France.

19-year-old Monnet-Paquet made his debut for the Lens in 2006 on his 17th birthday, but is not prepared to play in Ligue 2 following Lens’ relegation last season from Ligue 1, the top-flight of French football.

Magpie scouts have been alert to this development, with it thought that the Premier League club are considering making an offer for the talented youngster to bring him to St James’ Park, according to reports in France.

Kevin? KEVIN?!!! You gotta be shitting me? He's French and they call him Kevin? :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

great, but im starting to think that the board think that they can get to the top third of the league by this strategy alone.

this will sound impatient and illogical, and it is, but if we dont sign someone for over 10million this summer i will be concerned, not because buying players worth that much guarentees that they are good, but if we go 2 seasons without spending any serious money it wont say much for our ambition.

i think we are being run much better than we were under shepheard, and that we are going in the right direction, but if we are not going to spend then we wont succeed. maybe its part of some grand scheme to get the club turning a decent profit before spending big, but  the forum is going to get even worse (if possible) and quickly if we dont spend.

in order to keep up with citeh, and spurs we would need to spend money that would only be pheaseable with CL football. and liverpool spurs and citeh will also have to spend that amount. only one of those teams will get it though, and it may not be the same team each season, so as long as we continue to improve i dont care if citeh and spurs get further ahead of us, for the time being, because if all 3 are intent on chasing CL football, it will probably end very badly for at least 2 of them.

we still need to be spending money regardless of whether we compete with spurs and citeh however, we have apparently tried and failed so far, but we need to succeed.

thats not to say spurs or citeh´s spending guarentees them success however, but it gives them a better chance.

im not going to be happy until smith, viduka, barton and duff are off the wage bill though.

dont know if any of the above is coherent and/or makes sense. :lol: