Former Player Peter Jackson diagnosed with throat cancer

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Guest alexharrisonnufc

Just to let you know, peter jackson our ex defender has been diagnosed with throat cancer at the age of 46.

Check the lincoln website for the interview with the media. Get well soon man.

:

Jacko battles on

News from Sincil Bank on Wednesday that Lincoln City boss Peter Jackson has taken immediate leave of absence as he undergoes treatment in the wake of being diagnosed with throat cancer.

It's reported that the 46 year-old former Newcastle defender sought medical advice after quitting smoking but failing to resolve problems with a sore throat.

Playing

He played as a central defender for Bradford City, Newcastle United, Huddersfield Town, Chester City and Halifax Town, enjoying a strong rapport with most supporters and often was club captain.

In May 1985, Jackson collected the Division Three championship with Bradford City, but his day was to turn into a nightmare when 56 spectators were killed in a horrendous stand fire. Jackson was a regular at funerals of spectators in the weeks that followed.

Get well soon ,a honest pro who always gave 100%

I wish Jacko all the best. I remember him well from those days in the mid-late 80's. He had commitment which would put many of today's squad to real shame.

Agreed, I didn't think he was too bad either, he was better than his central defensive partner.

Hope he gets better soon. Sad timing really, City have been playing pretty well as of late after a terrible start to the season and he's recently helped make them into a decent (for League 2) looking side really, at least in terms of being efficient. 4 games unbeaten before he left, 3 of which were away. But his health is the important thing here obviously, hope to see him at Sincil Bank again soon.