Ultras on holiday?

Rocker

They're not ridiculed really though are they?

It's only when one or two say slightly patronising or pointless things that others have a go at them. I don't think anyone has any issues with them as a collective, I know I don't.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Atmosphere is shit 'cos theres too many women and kids at the matches.  Simple.  People who used to go and get wrecked and sing there hearts out now seem to be bringing there missus along with them.  Away games are good for that, cos women can't sit in a car for 3 hours.

Atmosphere is shit 'cos theres too many women and kids at the matches.  Simple.  People who used to go and get wrecked and sing there hearts out now seem to be bringing there missus along with them.  Away games are good for that, cos women can't sit in a car for 3 hours.

:lol:

Guest toonlass

Load of bollox. Do you ever get to the games smart arse? There are plenty of women and teenagers who sing their hearts out. Its the middle aged blokes who bring the atmosphere down if anything.

Load of bollox. Do you ever get to the games smart arse? There are plenty of women and teenagers who sing their hearts out. Its the middle aged blokes who bring the atmosphere down if anything.

Oh don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

I swear thats a joke :lol:

I reall think that if we ever want a decent atmosphere at SJP, it's the club that needs to do something about it

e.g. A safe standing section, a singing section, a section for all the boring bastards, a sections for the elderly etc...

I don't think that people buying different seats across different areas of the ground would work to well, in my opinion.

All the way around the ground, lower tiers standing, or a singing section.....family enclosure, first tier of Gallowgate and East Stand, or just put everyone who wants to sing and stand in the East stand.

A singing/standing section is the only way out of the current problem due to so many changes in the types of people going to the game. There are probably a fair amount of fans who want to create an atmosphere but are surrounded by people who don't and to avoid looking a tit will just blend in with them. A singing section would give these people a chance to get out (if it was in a lower area than level 7) and create an atmosphere (like at away games). I don't think anything will change otherwise.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

No. Yes. No and No again.  Simple enough for you to understand pet?

Guest Knightrider

Wasn't the atmosphere at home against Juventus in the CL canny? What about PSV UEFA QF? I agree with Alex, if we had Man Utd's team, played like they did, were battering teams 5-1 at home never mind away, and were league winners, the atmosphere would be breathtaking. The ultimate reason why the atmosphere is shite is down to the team on the pitch, not off the pitch. Change that and it will improve, give us a great team and the atmosphere will be great 9/10. Anyway, despite how shit it is, it still beats most which is actually depressing because ours really is shite so what must most be like? Take Man Utd's own home atmosphere, shocking. Anfield outside of European nights (myth that they are great in Europe every home game) or even the Emirates where fans are generally treated to a masterclass every week.

Guest toonlass

No. Yes. No and No again.  Simple enough for you to understand pet?

You are talking rubbish. There are so many middle aged people in the ground that sit there unable to bring themselves to show their support. Not all, I will admit, but far too many.

Guest loonietoonie

Wasn't the atmosphere at home against Juventus in the CL canny? What about PSV UEFA QF? I agree with Alex, if we had Man Utd's team, played like they did, were battering teams 5-1 at home never mind away, and were league winners, the atmosphere would be breathtaking. The ultimate reason why the atmosphere is s**** is down to the team on the pitch, not off the pitch. Change that and it will improve, give us a great team and the atmosphere will be great 9/10. Anyway, despite how s*** it is, it still beats most which is actually depressing because ours really is s**** so what must most be like? Take Man Utd's own home atmosphere, shocking. Anfield outside of European nights (myth that they are great in Europe every home game) or even the Emirates where fans are generally treated to a masterclass every week.

quoted for truth if we were playing well the place wolud be buzzing again just like Juve , PSV etc until the shit on the pitch is sorted out you can forget top atmosphere