Aliadiere loses 'Frivolous' appeal - gets ban extended!!!

Guest johnson293

Guest Geordiesned

You are not allowed to hit players in the face, simple as that.

:rolleyes:

Lampard's shouldn't of been a red, JA should have and is, only JM should have received one too.

Quite right you're not, but I think what has really annoyed most people about the Alliediere incident is that Mascherano received no punishment for grabbing a player in the face.

The Lampard/Boa Morte incident was handbags tbh although both players could well have been punished for kicking out at each other whilct on the ground.

You are not allowed to hit players in the face, simple as that.

:rolleyes:

Lampard's shouldn't of been a red, JA should have and is, only JM should have received one too.

Quite right you're not, but I think what has really annoyed most people about the Alliediere incident is that Mascherano received no punishment for grabbing a player in the face.

The Lampard/Boa Morte incident was handbags tbh although both players could well have been punished for kicking out at each other whilct on the ground.

JM not getting anything is silly, i said when it happened Boro should have appealed against him not receiving punishment rather than appealing against their own sending off.

I didn't think Lampard's was a red.  Therefore I think the decision is fair enough in isolation.  However, when you see Aliadiere pick up 4 games for what he did...you have to ask questions.

I think the reason they added the extra game for Aliadiere was because it was clear he had committed a red card offence, and Boro pretty much accepted it, yet still appealed against it.  The reason they appealed can only have been to get a punishment for Mascherano (or if they couldn't then at least, in their eyes, level things out, and have Aliadiere's punishment revoked).  This was incredibly naive on their part, as the referee had already seen the incident and (incredibly) decided Mascherano did nothing wrong.  And The FA were never going to rescind Aliadiere's, under any circumstances, ever.  So its probably their own naivety that's got them the extra game for Aliadiere.

Guest johnnyappleseed

One rule for Northern clubs, another for London clubs.

Crooked. As. f***.

oh please. it's clearly because lampard is an england international. maybe that kind of bias was first thing to mind when the english league was largely british, but the biggest bias now in the fa's office is against players like aliadiere, while favoring the rooneys, gerrards, terrys and lampards.

I didn't think Lampard's was a red.  Therefore I think the decision is fair enough in isolation.  However, when you see Aliadiere pick up 4 games for what he did...you have to ask questions.

I think the reason they added the extra game for Aliadiere was because it was clear he had committed a red card offence, and Boro pretty much accepted it, yet still appealed against it.  The reason they appealed can only have been to get a punishment for Mascherano (or if they couldn't then at least, in their eyes, level things out, and have Aliadiere's punishment revoked).  This was incredibly naive on their part, as the referee had already seen the incident and (incredibly) decided Mascherano did nothing wrong.  And The FA were never going to rescind Aliadiere's, under any circumstances, ever.  So its probably their own naivety that's got them the extra game for Aliadiere.

I think you're spot on. There is no way boro thought it was going to be overturned surely. I don't know if you can but they would have been much better off claiming Masch deserved a red. p.s. Smoggy Cunts

Guest Digger

I don't buy that. If you were M'boro why would you want JM banned? They don't play Liverpool again and Liverpool have Reading and Newcastle coming up. Surely they are better served by having strong Liverpool sides playing. It would by a waste of time, money in legal representation and  resources, for no gain. Getting the card rescinded seems a logical goal but the JM thing I doubt.

Guest nufc_geordie

My problem with the Lampard incident wasn't the push it was the grating of his studs down the back of Boa Morte, its commonly called violent conduct! Boa Morte also kicked out at Lampard so for such petulant displays both should have been given straight reds. The linesman clearly saw the push so said he should go (wrongly). Neither the referee or linesman saw the kick outs so the FA in retrospect (and if they had any balls) would have banned them both.