Lua Lua mystery cleared up(well at least for me anyway).

Guest toonlass

I still wonder about one thing:

Brother Touted Me For Toon - Kazenga

By Craig Hope

KAZENGA LuaLua has revealed that it was brother Lomana who took on the role of Magpie scout and first recommended him to the club nearly six years ago.

And, after a six-week trial, the Congolese-born youngster went on to win a permanent deal with the Geordies before his rapid progression through the ranks to first-team level.

The 17-year-old recalls: "I was training with Wallsend when my brother came in and said to me: 'You're going to have trials with Newcastle United'.

"It was Lomana who took it on himself to tell the club about me. The trial went well, and at the end of the six weeks they took me on, which was really pleasing.

"Now I've come all the way through to the first-team and although I haven't started a competitive game yet, I have played four times as a substitute."

LuaLua made his United debut as a second-half substitute during January's FA Cup draw at Stoke City, and the tricky winger admits it was a nerve-racking affair.

"The first time was in the FA Cup at Stoke in January, when I came on for the last half-hour," he added.

"I was really nervous and worried that if I got a poor first touch I would have a bad game. But I got a good first touch and did alright the time I was on."

And the first person to congratulate Kazenga was indeed former Newcastle star Lomana, the 27-year-old now plying his trade with Greek side Olympiacos.

"Lomana was straight on the phone after the match to congratulate me, which  was great of him," he explained.

"He said he hadn't been able to watch the game but had been told I had done alright.

"But my cousin recorded the game and sent him the video so he was able to watch it later."

LuaLua knows that the hard work starts now but insists he is ready should he receive the call from Kevin Keegan between now and the end of the season.

"I know I have to work hard for the reserve team, so that when the manager asks if I'm ready to play again for the first-team, the answer will be yes."

Name: Kazenga LuaLua

Nationality: South African

Date of Birth: 10/12/1990

Height: 5' 11" (180cm)

Weight: 12st 0lbs (76.27kg)

Position: Midfielder

Since his bigger brother plays for Congo I assume it's just a type-o, or have I missed something?

Guest toonlass

It was put about a while ago they were cousins.

I think the lad himself may be pretty sure like.

"I was training with Wallsend when my brother came in and said to me: 'You're going to have trials with Newcastle United'.

"It was Lomana who took it on himself to tell the club about me. The trial went well, and at the end of the six weeks they took me on, which was really pleasing.