Owen fears England omission.

Guest toonlass

"There was a classy moment when we were cycling down the A19 and a helicopter came overhead. Alan Shearer said to me: "that's Michael Owen on his way to Cheltenham", and sure enough the helicopter did a big loop, came round and hovered next to us. A couple of obscene hand gestures were exchanged and then off he went to Cheltenham and we carried on down the A19. It was like a scene from Footballers' Wives." - Adrian Chiles cycling to London.

:lol:

:lol:

i've actually been impressed with owen since he got back. holds the ball up well and finds a toon player and as sniffer says if we had a midfielder who could find him he has the movement still (check the blackburn game....aye i know he fucked the first one) IF he can be fed.

Guest toonlass

Much more impressed with this interview in the Times.

"My main priority is to get more points for Newcastle and that’s what I’m concentrating on.

“In the dressing-room afterwards, it was the best I have felt for a long time.

"Tuesday was the first day off when I could go home and enjoy myself, smile and laugh with the kids and play with them without thinking about the stresses and strains of the football.

“It’s not that we’re pleased we have drawn with Birmingham. We are bigger and better than to be pleased with drawing at Birmingham.

"But when you think about the manner of what we did and what has happened over the last few weeks, you have to be pleased.

"We have shown character, we’ve taken a positive point against a team below us and hopefully we’ll take more on Saturday.

“We have got to put the relegation thing to bed as soon as possible. The plan is to finish the season and have everyone wondering what all that worry was about.

"Hopefully, we can get right out of the wrong end of the table as soon as possible and win a good few games before the end of the season.

"We have a game on Saturday that can help us do that. We could then look back at a week when we’ve taken four points from teams below us and kick on from there.

“The moment you say the club have not offered you a contract, it is the club snubbing you and vice versa, but it’s not like that.

"The club have not offered me a new contract and I have not knocked on the door and asked for one. There are more pressing things.”

Owen gets grief for TALKING about playing for England, Martins takes off for a month to play for Nigiria and theres no problem or uproar, Had Owen made such a fuss about being taken off on Monday night there would calls for him to be transfer listed!! Where as with Martins he gets classed as a hero for showing he cares.

I like both players but just seems Owen cant win and Martins can do no wrong.

Emre doesn't get much stick either, for some reason.

That free kick against the people from up the road?

If he's still being hero worshipped for that then it shows what a sad state we're in. He takes the piss more than anyone when it comes to putting country before club though.

Is that why Luque never got any stick?

[/sarcasm]

Luque's goal didn't win the game, did it?

Is that why Luque never got any stick?

[/sarcasm]

Luque's goal didn't win the game, did it?

:D Fair point.

It sounds daft but people keep going on about Owen offers nothing apart from goals, yet against Birmingham he was almost linking the midfield to the attack when he dropped deeper, while still providing a goal threat. Just what we've been missing recently.

That last statement...just watch a host of tw*ts come on and say he wants out, sell before he becomes a Bosman, blah blah...

he'd be stupid to sign a new contract without knowing which division the club will be in next season...likewise the club would be stupid to offer one for the same reason.

i think both owen and the club understand each others positions. i'm pretty sure NONE of the major earners will be signing new contracts till we have sorted out what division we'll be in.

fucking obvious to me but some will need it spelled out.