Last time Keegan took us to Brum

Belfast Boy

.com have an article about the last time Keegan took us to Birmingham in 1992.

We won 3-2 but at half time Tommy Wright had to go off injured and it was before sub keepers, so Kevin Brock went in goal for the second half. He got concussion early on, but played the rest of the game and kept a clean sheet in the second half.

I remember listening to this on Metro convinced it was surely only a matter of time until they scored. Anyone got the team from that game?

Anyone got the team from that game?

Here ye gann    O0

04.11.92      Birmingham          a              3-2      3-2          14,376            14    12    0      2      29    12        36                           

Wright(Brock); Venison, Beresford; O’Brien, Scott, Howey; Carr, Peacock, Kelly, Clark, Sheedy(Kilcline)

BC: Sealey; Holmes, Frain, Rennie(Rowbotham), Hicks, Matthewson, Rodgerson, Tait, Speedie, Sturridge, Potter(Donowa)

G:        Peacock, Scott, Matthewson og,  (Speedie, Potter) 

i was there. when  brock went in kevin scott took it on himself to be his minder and he bullied speedie out the game (why he couldn't have done it earlier we just don't know).

stan seymour jnr died that night in a birmingham hotel.

Kev's my cousin (and my reason for supporting Newcastle) and apparently after the game they were all on the bus having a laugh and he asked what had happened in the game that evening, all the lads thought he was joking - he wasn't!  ;D

Guest teepee

Kev's my cousin (and my reason for supporting Newcastle) and apparently after the game they were all on the bus having a laugh and he asked what had happened in the game that evening, all the lads thought he was joking - he wasn't!  ;D

:D

i also remember a few years ago jussi got injured for bolton and they didn't have a reserve keeper, so bo hansen went in :D

:D

i also remember a few years ago jussi got injured for bolton and they didn't have a reserve keeper, so bo hansen went in :D

What's funny about that story by the way?

Let us not forget he also scored against the Mackems away.  :icon_rr:

I don't think he did, Gary Owers OG with Brock nearby IIRC.

Never knew it was credited as an OG like. I stand corrected said the man in the orthopaedic shoes. ;)

whats Kevin up to now then?

I haven't heard from him in a while as I'm working down in London and he's still living in the Oxford area. He was managing Banbury Utd in the Southern Premier, got them a couple of promotions and they were climbing the non-league ladder, but ended up leaving about six months ago because the owners weren't willing to invest in the club. Don't think he ever reproduced his goalkeeping heroics alas!