Could we end up like Leeds?

Kaizero

Nope. We have no debt.

Says who?

Do you know for a fact that debt is on Ashley rather than the club?

Has Ashley cleared the debt or do we owe him £100m?

None of the details are public, its all guesswork, but like any good self-made billionaire his own fortune is very rarely ever at risk with business ventures these days, if the club went down i reckon the debt would be back on us if he did decide to wash his hands of us.

remember the article in the sundays with ashley that said he found out the club was in a lot more debt than he though as soon as he bought it?  but he paid it anyway and if he'd known in advance it wouldn't have changed his decision

he said in there, i think, that it was all being paid by him and used man u as an example of why we're in the best position 'cause he IS paying it himself whereas they're mortgaging the clubs future and the debt is the clubs

only trouble is i also seem to recall that interview being discredited not long after too

Nope. We have no debt.

Says who?

None of the details are public, its all guesswork, but like any good self-made billionaire his own fortune is very rarely ever at risk with business ventures these days, if the club went down i reckon the debt would be back on us if he did decide to wash his hands of us.

remember the article in the sundays with ashley that said he found out the club was in a lot more debt than he though as soon as he bought it?  but he paid it anyway and if he'd known in advance it wouldn't have changed his decision

he said in there, i think, that it was all being paid by him and used man u as an example of why we're in the best position 'cause he IS paying it himself whereas they're mortgaging the clubs future and the debt is the clubs

only trouble is i also seem to recall that interview being discredited not long after too

I remember the article, but it still didn't say if the debt was to be paid back. That's a major issue if we go down.

Nope. We have no debt.

Says who?

I remember the article, but it still didn't say if the debt was to be paid back. That's a major issue if we go down.

paid back to him you mean? 

i see, making himself the major creditor of the club he owns...is that possible?

and it wouldn't matter going down unless he calls the debt in either

Nope. We have no debt.

Says who?

Whoever bought the club would have to pay Ashley what he wants back, not the club.

Nope. We have no debt.

Says who?

Whoever bought the club would have to pay Ashley what he wants back, not the club.

if he's not wiped it out but transferred it; if it's the former it would just be included in the sell on value of the club

given ashley presumably wasn't expecting the club to be relegated i'd say it may be the most likely of the two especially as everything he did in buying the club was cash based

Guest hodsgod

No.

This.

Leeds were badly run on an unthinkable scale.

and NUFC wasn't? it's just as well Ashley has cash.

Guest michaelfoster

Leeds have scrambled a goal through Alan Smith.

Hang on a min, Smith actually scored a goal

Guest Knightrider

Under the old board....

room desk is a floor safe stuffed with cash, so no.