barclays "fair play" table

ChrisJbarnes

We are well down due to lack of positive play, while the likes of Manchester United are at the top because of it. Pretty much represents the fact that you make your own luck by playing good football.

Our score is down to Nicky Butt. 17 yellows and Alain Smithinho.

Nah, we'd be 13th. We are 18th when it comes down to positive play which correlates to the quality of football played.

Nah, we'd be 13th. We are 18th when it comes down to positive play which correlates to the quality of football played.

Eh?

I thought this was the kicking people list.  :laugh:

Eh?

I thought this was the kicking people list.  :laugh:

The tables are made up as follows:       

R/Y =  Red & Yellow Cards - Maximum 10 pts per Match (Red 3pts, Yellow 1pt)

P/P =  Positive Play - Maximum 10 pts per Match

R/O =  Respect Towards Opponent - Maximum 7 pts per Match

R/R =  Respect Towards Referee - Maximum 7 pts per Match

B/O =  Behaviour of Officials - Maximum 6 pts per Match

fair play and positive play are different things surely? thus proivng that the referees are useless and the media is biased

Positive play means that you are looking to win by playing good football rather than by kicking pieces out of your opponent.

Newcastle:

Red and Yellow Cards = 13th

Positive Play = 18th

Respect Towards Opponents = 14th

Respect towards referees = 9th

Behaviour of Officials = 10th

So basically we a fairly average in terms of the behaviour of players and officials, but Allardyce created an ugly team that has put us way down the table.

Chelsea:

Red and Yellow Cards = 20th

Positive Play = 4th

Respect Towards Opponents = 20th

Respect towards referees = 20th

Behaviour of Officials = 18th

That pretty much shows how our bad play has put us below a team with truly dreadful discipline.

Newcastle:

Positive Play = 18th

So basically we a fairly average in terms of the behaviour of players and officials, but Allardyce created an ugly team that has put us way down the table.

Owen needs to be on a 6 now James baby.

Newcastle:

Positive Play = 18th

Owen needs to be on a 6 now James baby.

Smith is on a 5 FFS.

It's a sad state of affaris that the modern game rewards you for intimitary tactics to referees. It doesn't start or stop with the players either Managers such as Ferguson are adept at getting into the heads of the officials before and after the games to ensure that decisions favour. It's downright disgusting tbh but unless they start employing robots to officiate the games what can be done.

How can you possibly measure/quantify how much 'positive' football a team plays?

What a load of fucking shite.

I think it's basically a number that the referee writes into his match report. Its not perfect, the lowest average rating is 6.9, all very subjective, but its fair to say that the team's ranking in this category generally reflects the reality.

How can you possibly measure/quantify how much 'positive' football a team plays?

I think it's basically a number that the referee writes into his match report. Its not perfect, the lowest average rating is 6.9, all very subjective, but its fair to say that the team's ranking in this category generally reflects the reality.

So it's a load of fucking shite then?

I never said it wasn't I was just trying to explain why some dirty teams are higher than they should be.

:lol:

I never said it wasn't I was just trying to explain why some dirty teams are higher than they should be.

That's fair enough.  :thup: