Kev: Signings may not be stars

Baggio

Mellberg would have been good but I don't think the back four is a priority unless someone [like him] became available. Same as a keeper like Friedel [although he's really too old now]

Mellberg (who has indeed gone to Juve on a Bosman) is on a downward curve and has been for a while now.

He's a good example. What would be the point for a player like him to make a "sideways" move (ie one to the non top 4 chasing pack)?

He's done what players do these days, looked after number one and gone for the pay day and experience of playing at a club like Juventus, although it will clearly be a come down playing in front of such shit attendances.

How ironic.

Good luck to the guy. Great servant to the club.

he's about 30, right ?

Not sure if he will risk any foreigners, I don't watch too much of it personally, don't have the time, but I think this summer, he has to make the money he gets, count, and they carry a greater risk.

I think we will do a lot of business outside the UK our scouting setup looks like it is geared towards atm. I would like to see Keegan get out watching lower league football because he has a good eye for a player.

"Very few of the players we’re looking at at the moment with regards to the future won’t be being looked at by other clubs as well."

That either suggests he's talking about young lads or players who are not that well known and are not playing in the more well known leagues.

I think you've missed the second negative there. He's saying that most people we go for will not only be wanted by us.

I really think that when it comes down to it Bentley would move to Newcastle, Aston Villa or Man City this summer for sure.

These clubs will be spending big this summer and will be bringing in quality players and at the same time he would be a big part of any of these teams, and would instantly be one of the best players in any of them. He would get an increase in wages and an even greater profile.

Blackburn have been scraping the bottom of the barrel for a while now, and how long will Hughes continue to be fortunate enough to get the likes of McCarthy and Cruz in for so cheap?

I doubt Bentley would sit around waiting for a top four club to come in for him in another couple of seasons he was presented with a good enough offer from either of the three clubs mentioned this summer. Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and you never know what might happen.

I think it is also important to note that Bentley started at Arsenal and knows what it is like not to get a regular game and he detested it. Which top four club would he go to now and be on the teamsheet every week?

He would have to put up with rotations due to the depth of quality at these clubs and I'm not sure he would be willing to put up with it.

This  :thup:

Who is this Rolando player we were linked with in the Sunday Sun?

Anyone heard much of him?

If we really are after him we need to move quick as he is out of contract in the summer & there was at least 5 other clubs mentioned in that article.

Mellberg would have been good but I don't think the back four is a priority unless someone [like him] became available. Same as a keeper like Friedel [although he's really too old now]

Mellberg (who has indeed gone to Juve on a Bosman) is on a downward curve and has been for a while now.

He's a good example. What would be the point for a player like him to make a "sideways" move (ie one to the non top 4 chasing pack)?

He's done what players do these days, looked after number one and gone for the pay day and experience of playing at a club like Juventus, although it will clearly be a come down playing in front of such shit attendances.

How ironic.

Good luck to the guy. Great servant to the club.

he's about 30, right ?

Might be 31, but around that age, yes.

Guest Jawesome

Mackem 'A' - "who do we have that's anywhere near the quality of bentley?"

Mackem 'B' - "Andy Reid."

:lol: