pedro111

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

what would premiership crowds be like if it was £10 to get in. it's far cheaper in germany to go to football and good on them for having it that way

Agreed, but thats also the reason it doesnt have the talent of the premiership!

I was reading a paper today at work, cant for the life of me think which, but it had the attendances for the weekend from all the leagues, and the Bundesliga is one to be commended!

15th place club was getting like 50K and all of them were getting around this, in comparison to the PL it was really impressive!

what would premiership crowds be like if it was £10 to get in. it's far cheaper in germany to go to football and good on them for having it that way

Also, few premier league clubs can hold 50,000.

Bring back standing and have a world cup here. and it might happen.

Guest float one in

I would happily swap having the 'talent of the premiership' for having 10 quid tickets and safe standing. football would be miles better.

I would happily swap having the 'talent of the premiership' for having 10 quid tickets and safe standing. football would be miles better.

Why don't you just support a league two team then?

because league two isn't of the standard og the german league.

Shame it won't happen but ticket prices could be reduced due to the extra TV revenue and the clubs would probably still be better off. I think it's unlikely standing areas will make a comeback in the near future either.

And he already supports Newcastle.

I always use the size of the stadiums as an argument that average attendances in England would be much higher if some of the stadiums were bigger. But here in Germany attendances have been very high and increasing since the 90s. Safe standing surely does play a part in it, as do the much more affordable ticket prices.

I always use the size of the stadiums as an argument that average attendances in England would be much higher if some of the stadiums were bigger. But here in Germany attendances have been very high and increasing since the 90s. Safe standing surely does play a part in it, as do the much more affordable ticket prices.

not many sell out on a regular basis.

The whole football culture in Germany is much more geared towards the fan.

The fan is generally made to feel part of the club and therefore closer to it. In the UK you're likely to be taken for a mug who subscribes to a corporate brand owned by some foreign investment company. In Germany it's still about beer, bratwurst and atmosphere.

Our league is richer and more hyped than theirs and therefore attracts more "galacticos".

Their football is equally exciting, better officiated and all in all a better day out at a fraction of the price imo.

Guest float one in

Aye! The reason I support Newcastle is that I was born in north shields and was brought up on it - didn't feel like i had a choice in the matter, just like most other supporters! We don't start supporting them because we are attracted by all the good players playing in the premier league (which was still a good few years off when i started getting into it btw).

The fan is generally made to feel part of the club and therefore closer to it. In the UK you're likely to be taken for a mug who subscribes to a corporate brand owned by some foreign investment company. In Germany it's still about beer, bratwurst and atmosphere.

Our league is richer and more hyped than theirs and therefore attracts more "galacticos".

Their football is equally exciting, better officiated and all in all a better day out at a fraction of the price imo.

The grass is always greener somewhere else.

Tbh I do find the atmosphere here in most Jorman stadiums rather dreary. Fake atmosphere created by "Ultras" who are all singing the same songs (most favourably You'll never walk alone). Goal jingles and annoying music blasted at you in full volume at every possible opportunity and stupid entertainment from PA guys. The football is a lot worse and less exciting as it is much slower with far more breaks because the officiating isn't better at all. I'd willingly pay a few quid more to get rid of all this stuff.

Tbh I do find the atmosphere here in most Jorman stadiums rather dreary. Fake atmosphere created by "Ultras" who are all singing the same songs (most favourably You'll never walk alone). Goal jingles and annoying music blasted at you in full volume at every possible opportunity and stupid entertainment from PA guys. The football is a lot worse and less exciting as it is much slower with far more breaks because the officiating isn't better at all. I'd willingly pay a few quid more to get rid of all this stuff.

You obviously see a lot more of it than I do, but in my limited experience the beer is better, the atmosphere is better and the fans seem closer to their clubs in terms of belonging to them.

I stick by the officiating being better, but perhaps thats because I think the standard in England is abysmal. Maybe the pace of our game is the reason for that.

You obviously see a lot more of it than I do, but in my limited experience the beer is better, the atmosphere is better and the fans seem closer to their clubs in terms of belonging to them.

I stick by the officiating being better, but perhaps thats because I think the standard in England is abysmal. Maybe the pace of our game is the reason for that.

I don't disagree about the beer. ;-)

Of course their fans are closer to the football. It's because they dont have as many people in suits wanting to watch their football because it's shit.

If german football was at our standards then they would have the same problems with atmospheres.

Of course their fans are closer to the football. It's because they dont have as many people in suits wanting to watch their football because it's s***.

If german football was at our standards then they would have the same problems with atmospheres.

They do have. Bayerns general director Hoeneß at a go at the fans at the last AGM (go to youtube and search for 'Hoeness' + 'Wutrede') who were complaining about the lack of atmosphere and too many suits in their new stadium.

It really isn't all as good here as some people want to believe.

Guest marky555

I've been thinking for a while why teams seem to raise their games at SJP. i think the crowd are too far away. At Portsmouth, Spurs, Everton even Liverpool the atmosphere is intimidating because fans are almost on the pitch. At SJP fans are away from the touchlne.

If we are going to expand put another 6-8000 around the side of the pitch, make the atmosphere intimidating.

Anfield is as intimidating as tea with my old granny for fucks sake. Full of happy-clappy wankers waving 'you'll never walk alone' scarves - similar to our pogoing shoe-waving tossers but in much greater numbers.

Indeed.

The days of intimidating top flight football grounds are well and truly over, now we're swamped with happyclappy f****** clueless daytripping Sky botherers.

I was looking at the shirts-off Sunderland fans yesterday thinking what a bunch of twats they looked, then heard a couple of two times a season Tarquins behind me having a pop at O'Neill and moaning they weren't going to bother again, and thought which type of fan I'd rather have around me.

Steven Garrard took a corner at the Stretford End today and some woman was standing there taking a photograph of him. No doubt a die hard, go in all weather, red fams she is

Then when it panned across the Liverpool fans, some geezer had a proper professional Digital SLR camera around his neck !

Dont get your point about the camera mate? Does it mean he's not a 'proper' fan or scouser coz he has a bit of cash or something? Sorry if i'm missing something like?!

Aye! The reason I support Newcastle is that I was born in north shields and was brought up on it - didn't feel like i had a choice in the matter, just like most other supporters! We don't start supporting them because we are attracted by all the good players playing in the premier league (which was still a good few years off when i started getting into it btw).

I just find it strange how so many football fans these days moan about how good it used to be, when stadiums were shit (but at least you could stand up, eh) and things were much cheaper. Football is a lot more enjoyable these days, no matter who you support.

As for the comment about the camera, who cares if someone wants to take some photos at a football match?

An SLR though? A true fan would have a disposable one having spent all their money on supporting their club.

A true fan would have been away off to the bar to get his pint and pies in. Or possibly nipping off just after the second goal to go home for the same.

An SLR though? A true fan would have a disposable one having spent all their money on supporting their club.

A true fan would have been away off to the bar to get his pint and pies in. Or possibly nipping off just after the second goal to go home for the same.

You really can't stand anyone missing a couple of minutes of the game can you?  :lol:

I remember a bloke in the Gallowgate, when it was all standing, who spent the entire game stood on one of the rests 6ft above the rest of us with his back to the game just singing at the crowd behind him.  Greatest fan I ever saw and he hardly saw a second of the game.