Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

Zoggy has caught the eye from time to time but he is too often the "headless chicken" for me to go over-board about him.

I do not think his passing is great, his crossing neither and he doesn't seem to have a lot of what I call "a footballing brain." He can run at defences and that does look his best attribute. Unfortunately on most occasions there is little that results from his greatest ability.

I guess it shows how far we have slumped if you consider how Zoggy would have faired in our most successful periods. I doubt he would have got a sniff in most of Keegans teams and even in Bobbys better days, I feel he would have only been used in a Lua Lua sort of way, when we were trailing and the manager was desperate.

I am not bothered if he stays or goes really. He may prosper with better players around him or he may just stay more or less as he is. I hope its not the latter but either way, I don't expect him to be here next season.

Agree with you to some extent but the fact is, for all his faults, it's been proved that those in the pecking order above him aren't fit to lace his boots. Don't get me wrong, I don't want players here who are unhappy, but from the day that twat Duff was signed I had a feeling this was on the cards. I wonder who Keegan has got in mind to replace him?

Zoggy has caught the eye from time to time but he is too often the "headless chicken" for me to go over-board about him.

I do not think his passing is great, his crossing neither and he doesn't seem to have a lot of what I call "a footballing brain." He can run at defences and that does look his best attribute. Unfortunately on most occasions there is little that results from his greatest ability.

I guess it shows how far we have slumped if you consider how Zoggy would have faired in our most successful periods. I doubt he would have got a sniff in most of Keegans teams and even in Bobbys better days, I feel he would have only been used in a Lua Lua sort of way, when we were trailing and the manager was desperate.

I am not bothered if he stays or goes really. He may prosper with better players around him or he may just stay more or less as he is. I hope its not the latter but either way, I don't expect him to be here next season.

Agree with you to some extent but the fact is, for all his faults, it's been proved that those in the pecking order above him aren't fit to lace his boots. Don't get me wrong, I don't want players here who are unhappy, but from the day that t*** Duff was signed I had a feeling this was on the cards. I wonder who Keegan has got in mind to replace him?

let's hope it's Aiden..

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He made his name here and now he thinks he's Billy Big Boots.

I certainly wont be shedding a tear when he drags his scrawny arse to London.

Nowhere near as good as some would have you believe.

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt you next season.

What the fuck's he going to do? He's not Maradona.

If he is going I hope NUFC announce to the world that he is on the transfer list and we try to drum up a bidding war for him. For some reason when we sell players we seem to take the first offer without considering the possibility that other clubs may be interested.

I would say that if anyone can persuade him to stay then that man is Kevin Keegan. But Keegan won't lick his arse if he thinks the lad is a lost cause. He'll simply tell him what his plans are for the club and tell him he'd like him to be part of those plans. If N'Zogbia still wants to go I can't see the club standing in his way. And while I like N'Zogbia as a player I would have to agree he's a bit overrated. He's stagnated over the past couple of seasons too and while that may be largely down to the way he's been messed about, it may also be down to the player not being as good as many (including the lad himself) thinks he is.

Guest toonlass

I would say that if anyone can persuade him to stay then that man is Kevin Keegan. But Keegan won't lick his arse if he thinks the lad is a lost cause. He'll simply tell him what his plans are for the club and tell him he'd like him to be part of those plans. If N'Zogbia still wants to go I can't see the club standing in his way. And while I like N'Zogbia as a player I would have to agree he's a bit overrated. He's stagnated over the past couple of seasons too and while that may be largely down to the way he's been messed about, it may also be down to the player not being as good as many (including the lad himself) thinks he is.

Personally I think that this is a case with a lot of of younsters. They have been messed around, they haven't been developed properly and now people are slagging them off. Its about time we started cultivating our younsters, the way that other clubs do(such as West Ham, the smoggies, Everton and Villa).

I'm not arsed either way tbh at this moment in time. He hasn't pulled up any trees over the past couple of seasons. Even Milner who has been messed around a lot more than Charlie has got his head down and worked hard, despite not having the natural ability that Charlie has.

Amazing to think he's seen 5 managers in his short time here.

Zoggy was at his best, imo, under Souness. He looked like he could have developed into something very good. Since then, as said before, he's stagnated. If he isn't going to get any better then it would be a good idea to sell. Sell him for his potential though, make that the defining influence on the price, not his actual current standard. We've paid over the odds for potential, i'd like to see us sell a player using the same mind set.

Personally i think Downing would be an excellent replcement and an improvement. If we were lucky enough to have Downing and Bentley on the wings then the delivery into the box from both sides would be great. Then we'd just have to buy a forward who can head it....

I'm not arsed either way tbh at this moment in time. He hasn't pulled up any trees over the past couple of seasons. Even Milner who has been messed around a lot more than Charlie has got his head down and worked hard, despite not having the natural ability that Charlie has.

Milner is another one - great attitude like Smith and Duff, but end product generally zilch. It's no coincidence we have started scoring goals since that trio are out the of team. 

Amazing to think he's seen 5 managers in his short time here.

Zoggy was at his best, imo, under Souness. He looked like he could have developed into something very good. Since then, as said before, he's stagnated. If he isn't going to get any better then it would be a good idea to sell. Sell him for his potential though, make that the defining influence on the price, not his actual current standard. We've paid over the odds for potential, i'd like to see us sell a player using the same mind set.

Personally i think Downing would be an excellent replcement and an improvement. If we were lucky enough to have Downing and Bentley on the wings then the delivery into the box from both sides would be great. Then we'd just have to buy a forward who can head it....

Downing has just signed a new contract with boro, so we will probably have to look abroad for a replacement..who will probably need time to settle...meaning more starts for Duff...meaning fuck all coming from the left etc..

I'd say Milner (and ideally he'd be a squad player at best here) has a lot more end product than Smith or Duff.

He offers a lot more down the right, but he doesn't score goals and if he's not scoring he needs to be setting up a hell of a lot of goals, which I don't think he does.

Milner is another one - great attitude like Smith and Duff, but end product generally zilch. It's no coincidence we have started scoring goals since that trio are out the of team. 

Correct.

Milner should be used in the middle anyways, when we have to call upon him.

Last season I wouldn't have sold him for less than 15-20million but the guy definitely has an attitude issue! I wouldn't keep Zoggy or anyone other who look that disinterested. No doubt Charlies market value have nose dived lately but thanks to his long contract we should be able to get 7-10millions I guess

Guest The Libertine

Milner is another one - great attitude like Smith and Duff, but end product generally zilch. It's no coincidence we have started scoring goals since that trio are out the of team

i'd put that down to us getting 2 very decent strikers back. i see your point though.

Last season I wouldn't have sold him for less than 15-20million but the guy definitely has an attitude issue! I wouldn't keep Zoggy or anyone other who look that disinterested. No doubt Charlies market value have nose dived lately but thanks to his long contract we should be able to get 7-10millions I guess

Is the attitude issue not understandable? If Damien Duff was asked to play left back or sit on the bench for two seasons behind Zog, would he not have an attitude issue?

Is the attitude issue not understandable? If Damien Duff was asked to play left back or sit on the bench for two seasons behind Zog, would he not have an attitude issue?

Zoggy was fucking garbage last season though. Even when being played in his favourite position.

I'd say Milner (and ideally he'd be a squad player at best here) has a lot more end product than Smith or Duff.

He offers a lot more down the right, but he doesn't score goals and if he's not scoring he needs to be setting up a hell of a lot of goals, which I don't think he does.

I know what you're saying mate and the goals / assists have dried up a bit. But he's provided more 'end product' than the other two have in their time here. I.e. I think he's worth hanging on to more than those two.

Correct.

Milner should be used in the middle anyways, when we have to call upon him.

I've thought about this. I compared him to Scholes (which is unfair, i know). If PS played on the wing he wouldn't be very effective, no real pace and not a good dribbler. Strikes the ball very very well though, is good under pressure and makes excellent decisions. Tbh, haven't seen JM show any of those qualities.

Milner definitely has the engine to play in the middle like. And he doesn't have enough about him to play wide at high level imo - i.e. top 6 in the Prem. I've said before that if he is to progress then it will be in the middle. That's more to do with him not being good enough wide than anything else I've seen from him though.

Have there been any rumours as to where he would go? The last time he was off it was to Fulham which doesn't seem likely now. Arsenal were supposedly interested in him years ago but that's gone all quiet. If Tottenham were interested that was during Jol's time. Now that have a new manager, who says they are still interested? I suppose he could end up at West Ham like all the other ex-Newcastle players.

Zoggy was fucking garbage last season though. Even when being played in his favourite position.

Yeah I remember. He would rather play on his phone than play for Roeder I recall. Not many players were playing for that nonce by the end were they?

Milner definitely has the engine to play in the middle like. And he doesn't have enough about him to play wide at high level imo - i.e. top 6 in the Prem. I've said before that if he is to progress then it will be in the middle. That's more to do with him not being good enough wide than anything else I've seen from him though.

Tbf, that's not the best to qualify it though is it? :)

Yeah I remember. He would rather play on his phone than play for Roeder I recall. Not many players were playing for that nonce by the end were they?

"Nonce." How mature. But he was shite all season, that was my point.