Is N'Zogbia's exit inevitable? (Maybe not - Page 24!)

TRon

This formation could be made for him as well, which is a real shame if he does go.

If he played where Barton does at the moment, then he's got a lot of freedom and would be floating around on the left and into the centre, I think he'd be far happier there and that he could grow into the position and really master it - he has all the required attributes to play there really.

I will be gutted if he goes, and I think he will unfortunately.

This formation could be made for him as well, which is a real shame if he does go.

If he played where Barton does at the moment, then he's got a lot of freedom and would be floating around on the left and into the centre, I think he'd be far happier there and that he could grow into the position and really master it - he has all the required attributes to play there really.

i don't think he has the discipline required defensivly. lots of covering and taking up defensive positions involved where as n'zog,skillful as he is on the ball,his off the ball work is poor.

i don't think he has the discipline required defensivly. lots of covering and taking up defensive positions involved where as n'zog,skillful as he is on the ball,his off the ball work is poor.

In fairness, I did say he would grow into the position. I wouldn't expect him to be performing to his best immediately.

The tracking back and closing down stuff is not hard to learn, it's basically just harrying like Barton/Geremi do - although it would theoretically be far more effective from N'Zogbia because of the pace he would be doing it at.

We're still desperate for pace in the middle of the park and it would seem daft to lose a player who has the potential to be very useful either as a left winger or as one of the midfield three.

In fairness, I did say he would grow into the position. I wouldn't expect him to be performing to his best immediately.

The tracking back and closing down stuff is not hard to learn, it's basically just harrying like Barton/Geremi do - although it would theoretically be far more effective from N'Zogbia because of the pace he would be doing it at.

We're still desperate for pace in the middle of the park and it would seem daft to lose a player who has the potential to be very useful either as a left winger or as one of the midfield three.

it's not something you learn,its instinctive and a desire thing. i think n'zogbia could grow into a centre attacking mid of a diamond or behind a front two. the lads got talent and skill (but to me he has no footy nouse)

So you cannot learn to track back, or cover, or take up defensive positions... righto then. I might as well pack in the coaching now if I can't teach people how to do that. I do agree desire plays a big part, but if Laurent Robert can learn to track back (and he fucking did learn to, probably more to our detriment than anything funnily enough) then I'd assume N'Zogbia could. I'd say they'd be some of the most basic things for a player to pick up.

Michael Owen is the best example I can come up with for someone who was previously thought to have absolutely no flexibility/defensive attributes, he was merely a fox in the box and couldn't do anything else - now he's the main man, playing in behind the strikers and helping out defensively, closing down, harrying, bringing the ball out of defence. If you'd have told me Owen would be playing the role he is now to this level, while still scoring goals at the start of the season I wouldn't have believed you.

If Owen can do that (a player who openly admits he's lazy) then I'd assume N'Zogbia could manage something similar. He would still be the most attacking of the three central midfielders (as Barton is now), the defensive responsibility isn't that great, harrying/pressuring the ball would be the main thing he'd have to do to help the team defend.

So you cannot learn to track back, or cover, or take up defensive positions... righto then. I might as well pack in the coaching now if I can't teach people how to do that. I do agree desire plays a big part, but if Laurent Robert can learn to track back (and he f****** did learn to, probably more to our detriment than anything funnily enough) then I'd assume N'Zogbia could. I'd say they'd be some of the most basic things for a player to pick up.

Michael Owen is the best example I can come up with for someone who was previously thought to have absolutely no flexibility/defensive attributes, he was merely a fox in the box and couldn't do anything else - now he's the main man, playing in behind the strikers and helping out defensively, closing down, harrying, bringing the ball out of defence. If you'd have told me Owen would be playing the role he is now to this level, while still scoring goals at the start of the season I wouldn't have believed you.

If Owen can do that (a player who openly admits he's lazy) then I'd assume N'Zogbia could manage something similar. He would still be the most attacking of the three central midfielders (as Barton is now), the defensive responsibility isn't that great, harrying/pressuring the ball would be the main thing he'd have to do to help the team defend.

of course you can teach it...but the best and the ones who make it do it instinctivly and out of desire.

re owen....your right he was always thought of that way....by people who didnt watch him.he's always worked even at liverpool. does he go chasing about like david kelly/bellamy ....no! never has and it would be pointless for him to do so....does he read the game better and intercept more than those....i reckon he does.

oh and if you think the defensive responsibility (for midfielders)is mainly harrying and pressurising the ball then we're f*****.

Sneaky late edit there!!

I have to admit, that's mainly what I see the current midfield doing - albeit in what is essentially the human version of slow motion. If N'Zogbia was the most attacking of a midfield three, which is what I initially proposed, then what else would you be expecting of him?

As long as he's chasing down, tracking a few runs and making sure their midfield don't get time to play what else can we really ask of him!?

So N'Zogbia could be good at that role then?

Glad we agree, you big troll :razz:

Dont think he;d be as disciplined in geting back as barton or geremi would be to be honest. If we are to play with 3 exclusive forwards then our 18 yards box needs cprotecting without exception,  he didntreally povide too much defensive protection when he has played in CM in the past. For me, Zog is exclusively a left winger.

tracking back can be taught ....doing it well can't.

i dont think he'll get it or do it willingly.(unfortunatly)

Dont think he;d be as disciplined in geting back as barton or geremi would be to be honest. If we are to play with 3 exclusive forwards then our 18 yards box needs cprotecting without exception,  he didntreally povide too much defensive protection when he has played in CM in the past. For me, Zog is exclusively a left winger.

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

I just like N'Zogbia to be honest, I think he's a cut above more or less everything else in our squad and he's still got time on his side. I do think he's done his best work on the left-wing, as you've said, but I wouldn't write him off completely as being able to play more centrally. He wasn't as bad at left-back as I expected him to be and was still a standout player towards the start of the season (he's still the first choice LB for France U21's), I honestly think he gets a rough ride on here because he's a bit of a moody bastard.

People have been quick to forget just how important he has been at times here, for such a young player as well - same goes for Milner at times.

Sneaky late edit there!!

I have to admit, that's mainly what I see the current midfield doing - albeit in what is essentially the human version of slow motion. If N'Zogbia was the most attacking of a midfield three, which is what I initially proposed, then what else would you be expecting of him?

As long as he's chasing down, tracking a few runs and making sure their midfield don't get time to play what else can we really ask of him!?

but with only 3 in midfield and maybe 4 against him and 2 full backs pushing on you need more than "good on the ball and works a bit"....does his stuff on the ball make him worth a place in a 3 man midfield ?...not in my opinion

Dont think he;d be as disciplined in geting back as barton or geremi would be to be honest. If we are to play with 3 exclusive forwards then our 18 yards box needs cprotecting without exception,  he didntreally povide too much defensive protection when he has played in CM in the past. For me, Zog is exclusively a left winger.

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

I just like N'Zogbia to be honest, I think he's a cut above more or less everything else in our squad and he's still got time on his side. I do think he's done his best work on the left-wing, as you've said, but I wouldn't write him off completely as being able to play more centrally. He wasn't as bad at left-back as I expected him to be and was still a standout player towards the start of the season (he's still the first choice LB for France U21's), I honestly think he gets a rough ride on here because he's a bit of a moody b******.

People have been quick to forget just how important he has been at times here, for such a young player as well - same goes for Milner at times.

i'm one who lauded him early on but haven't been impressed the last 2 years.

Sneaky late edit there!!

but with only 3 in midfield and maybe 4 against him and 2 full backs pushing on you need more than "good on the ball and works a bit"....does his stuff on the ball make him worth a place in a 3 man midfield ?...not in my opinion

Perhaps not immediately, not with where his head is at and how Keegan is asking the lads in midfield to play (they've all picked up a good deal recently, too, although they couldn't have got much worse.) I do think he could become a real player in that sort of role and if he leaves I don't think he'll regret it, I think he'd probably prosper somewhere like Spurs.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

I just like N'Zogbia to be honest, I think he's a cut above more or less everything else in our squad and he's still got time on his side. I do think he's done his best work on the left-wing, as you've said, but I wouldn't write him off completely as being able to play more centrally. He wasn't as bad at left-back as I expected him to be and was still a standout player towards the start of the season (he's still the first choice LB for France U21's), I honestly think he gets a rough ride on here because he's a bit of a moody b******.

i'm one who lauded him early on but haven't been impressed the last 2 years.

Aye but not many have shone in the last two years. It's been fucking dire, for the most part. At least the lad has shown at a few points he is capable of real class, there are a lot of players in the squad who have never even shown us that - many of whom have been here a decent while too.

Like Mick has been saying, with Keegan here and with us playing his way, he could be one of the main people to benefit from that style. It'll be a sad loss if he fucks off to the Smoke and does well, especially if it's for Spurs.

It hurts me enough to see Woodgate there, N'Zogbia wearing that cockerel on his chest would rub me up the wrong way even more man!

Sneaky late edit there!!

Perhaps not immediately, not with where his head is at and how Keegan is asking the lads in midfield to play (they've all picked up a good deal recently, too, although they couldn't have got much worse.) I do think he could become a real player in that sort of role and if he leaves I don't think he'll regret it, I think he'd probably prosper somewhere like Spurs.

Suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree here.

i'd like to think so. as i've said the lad has talent with the ball at his feet,maybe the work and positioning thing is down to huffiness and childish arrogance (lats call it "jenasness")and keegan can get him round.

wasn't so long ago i was saying get n'zogbia in for barton for the midfiled 3....see how a few weeks can change things ?

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

:razz:

Aye to be fair, dont diagree with that at all, i just havent neccessarrily seen the quality in him to thrive in a more central position.

I think he's been dead unlucky here, because he's signed for "unfashoinable" newcastle he isnt regarded as the talent he possibly is, whereas the likes of Nani and Babel are being bummed even though, in my personal opinion, ablility wise i see very littel outstanding differences between them.

If Zog were at Man U or Arsenal in particular he'd be talked about in a greater regards/

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

Aye to be fair, dont diagree with that at all, i just havent neccessarrily seen the quality in him to thrive in a more central position.

I think he's been dead unlucky here, because he's signed for "unfashoinable" newcastle he isnt regarded as the talent he possibly is, whereas the likes of Nani and Babel are being bummed even though, in my personal opinion, ablility wise i see very littel outstanding differences between them.

If Zog were at Man U or Arsenal in particular he'd be talked about in a greater regards/

N'Zogbia is as good as Nani and Babel?  :lol:

Who asked you!?

(Only joking!)

N'Zogbia is as good as Nani and Babel?  :lol:

I genuinely havent seen too man outstanding differences. I just think with the strength and support that Nani and Babel get in midfield from there teams that hey always stand a better chance of looking a better player.

Babel in paticular hasnt impressed me that much, a direct quick player whos a decent dribbler, his output isnt particulary great and despite being here or 4 seasons we're yet to ee him in a team that is working cohesively.

Nani was maybe a bit of a exaggeration but the same applies, bring eithe of those 2 here and the only one in my opinion who would of looked half decent would of been Nani - maybe.

After what the club went through to sign him give him his chance, we had to fight dam hard for him and now he wants away, yes of course things were hard for the lad when his dad died and we were all behind him but now with all this he can fk off.

If we refuse to sell him then he will never perform for us so we may as well get ruid, but abroad only and we need to make that dam clear to him now, even if the highest offer comes from a Prem club its tough he goes abroad or nowhere!